Forex Price Action

Good on all of ya (@Remitu, others) who’ve cleaned up on the EURUSD D1 false break pin

Cheers :slight_smile:

2 setups i spotted after the NY close just now:

AUDCAD Pinbar

EURNZD 2 bar reversal

And my reasons why i like/dislike them:

AUDCAD:
+) Formed at a strong R/S level (held many times in the past).
+) Nice size signal (the bar before it is abit bigger though).
+) Has space to move up before hitting resistance overhead (2 blue lines @ 1.0400 and 1.0435).
-) Against the trend (not trading against the trend yet so no trade for me for this reason alone).
-) Rather strong down momentum, hardly any bullish bars on the way down. Bears in control for several days/weeks now. (would love to have seen a bigger signal to “reverse” momentum).

EURNZD:
+) With the trend.
+) At a good resistance level.
+) Good size when compared it to the preceding bars.
-) Doesn’t have alot of space to move down before running into a trouble area (BRN 1.5300 + traffic).

Would love to hear you guys comment on my reasoning for these trades.

As stated i wont be trading them as i dont feel they are A+ setups (or dont fit into my trading plan at the moment) but posting them so I (/we) can learn from them.

Remitu

Hi Remitu,

Very detailed analysis, good work

Personally i like the EURNZD more, pretty much the same reason as yours. However I do agree there’s a bit of traffic to fight there. One “good” thing is the price is below the VBRN 1.55, which makes it a bit easier to go down.

Good to know that you can sit on your hands on non A+ steup, which is something that i need to learn too. I think that’s one of the keys to become a successful trader.

PS. NZDCAD D1 PB is another opportunity atm

Cheers

Totally agree with both of your guys analysis. There is simply too much traffic, not enough room to run and I personally prefer slightly bigger swings to trade from.

Hello Guys, i´m pretty new to the tread, and still have a lot to catch up and even more to learn, but anyway i want to upload some screenshots.
AUD/CAD

AUD/USD

GPB/AUD

NZDCAD

I´m not quite sure about the pinbar in the AUD/CAD, a small wick and it goes against the trend.
I like a bit more the NZD/CAD, not the nicest pinbar, but is going with the trend.
The other two AUD/USD and GPB/AUD, besides the fact than bot are pinbars and are at support/resistance i got nothing else to go on, as i said, i have still a lot to learn…

Any input will be really appreciated!
Thanks!!

Hello friend could you please can you advice me? Jhonathon talking about GBPCHF but there is no any clear candle formed to go long from this support level. Can we use like this inverted hammer on Price Action? Please advice me thank you.

Hey ansinurmal,

We dont trade using inverted hammers in this thread so the answer would be no.

We use the following signals when looking for price action.

• Pin bar (PB)
  • Engulfing bars (Bullish = BUEB and Bearish = BEEB)
  • 2 bar reversals (2BR)

Below are 3 links to ForexSchoolOnline.com explaining the setups posted above.

Pin Bar
Engulfing Bars
2 Bar Reversal

I dont know if you have read the first pages of the thread but everything (and more) is explained there :slight_smile:
I would strongly suggest that you do. Currently on page 200 myself and slowly working my way through.

Remitu

Hey Remitu

Its nice to see someone who has clearly taken the time to go through the thread and take notes, impressive stuff.

Cheers

Thanks so much Remitu for your kind advice. What about NZDCAD Daily chart trend strongly up and pin bar at support…

No problem mate.

It helps me learn aswell :wink:

I didn’t spot this setup yesterday (hmr7788 did) and currently at work so cant check my charts properly.

It did seem to have formed at a nice level and has now moved higher (from what i can see on my phone).

Did you take this trade?

Remitu

Hey Spongybob!

Thank you for the compliment. Means alot!

Remitu

Yes Remitu I was entered long yesterday hope target will hit soon :slight_smile:

Great thread - thanks all for taking the time to teach valuable price action strategy.

Can you guys recommend any worthwhile PA books? I know there are a few out there but I haven’t bought or read any that are specifically about price action.

I haven’t seen too much talk on here regarding any either. Any help is appreciated.

I think the reason people want live trades and zulutrade is because they want to have proof that the strategy works and is profitable. I’ve read some threads on different forex forums about different ways to trade and different strategies and I’m pretty sure some of the strategies aren’t even winning strategies. Of course I’m not talking about this thread. Many people use pin bars and engulfing bars (me included) in their trading. And if you look at what happened in the past when big pin bars at good areas appeared it’s clearly a profitable strategy. But it’s normal for newbies to be skeptical given the fact that so many scammers are in this field (again, I’m not talking about this thread but about other threads or sites). What I want to say is after a trade has lost you can find something that wasn’t good for almost every trade (the PA signal was too small, FTA was too close, it was against the trend, it was trading into traffic, moving average just below the entry,etc.) and say you didn’t take that trade even if in fact you take it and losed. And you can say you took a winning trade even if in fact you didn’t take it. Of course I think there are people who don’t want to learn and want signals but I think most of them want proof that the strategy works. My advice for them is to look at what happened on the charts in the last months, look for pin bars and engulfing bars and see if they won or lost. That’s the best proof that the strategy really works.

Possible set-up in the coming weeks on AUD/NZD…

Long term weekly support just broke:

Looking for a pullback on the daily:

Just stick to this thread)

There is a big BEEB on EURUSD 4h, is anyone trading this or is the level not really gd enough?

the big BEEB at swing low.

we only short BEEB at swing high.

Ahh ok thnx I was looking at it on my phone, makes sense now I have the chart up on a proper screen