Forex Price Action

Guess some people just dont read

Ain’t nobody got time for dat! :slight_smile:

Mate sorry but I am gonna have to agree with some others here. this stuff has no place in this thread, not MA’s, not wedges etc. I concede there is PA involved but you are also adding a heap of stuff that is not what this thread is all about.

It does seem to be super successful for you though so as suggested possibly you might want to start your own thread on this method? Or if possible post up trades that contain PA off Support & Resistance lines only.

Just keeps it easier and cleaner for our newer members to follow.

Cheers in advance,

Bryce.

[QUOTE=“Spongybob;488607”]Guess some people just dont read

[/QUOTE]

My apologies, I actually did miss that post. Perhaps the name of this thread should be learning Johnathon’s method, not “Forex price action”. Because it is extremely misleading then. I have seen a handful of popular PA names used here, and have seen PA applied dozens of different ways. Non which would lead me to suggest its a Pure Johnathon method thread. With that being said I don’t trade much different than nial or Johnathon. I use support / resistance, 50% Fib retraces of HH/HL or LH/LL, and use important respected trend lines as confluence. But the trade only happens if PA is obvious at these points. Please explain how trading PA with the once mentioned as entry points and confluence is different that these other major PA traders?

Mate if you read only a couple of pages you will pretty quickly gather that this thread is about the way Johnathon trades PA. He has never said that this is the only way, or that anything he is doing hasn’t been done before.

But what he has made pretty clear is that this thread is about the way [I]he personally[/I] trades PA and in contributing to it there are a few simple rules he likes folks to stick by, mainly clean charts with no MA’s and to not go on about price patterns such as wedges etc.

[QUOTE=“bhops;488647”]

Mate sorry but I am gonna have to agree with some others here. this stuff has no place in this thread, not MA’s, not wedges etc. I concede there is PA involved but you are also adding a heap of stuff that is not what this thread is all about.

It does seem to be super successful for you though so as suggested possibly you might want to start your own thread on this method? Or if possible post up trades that contain PA off Support & Resistance lines only.

Just keeps it easier and cleaner for our newer members to follow.

Cheers in advance,

Bryce.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the kind words! I did notice nobody here uses MA’s, but most of the other stuff I trade with I thought was pretty standard here. My bad, I didn’t want to mess people up and make people mad, I just wanted to offer some trade setups for people to learn from or potentially take. I won’t post anymore setups here but I will still lurk around because I think there are some great setups and learning material to be had in this thread. Happy trading!

Mate you and anyone is always welcome here. If you see a great trade that you think adhere to the rules of this methodology just post 'em up just without the MA’s etc and you will be good to go!

We need as many knowledgeable PA traders as we can get.

[QUOTE=“bhops;488650”]

Mate if you read only a couple of pages you will pretty quickly gather that this thread is about the way Johnathon trades PA. He has never said that this is the only way, or that anything he is doing hasn’t been done before.

But what he has made pretty clear is that this thread is about the way he personally trades PA and in contributing to it there are a few simple rules he likes folks to stick by, mainly clean charts with no MA’s and to not go on about price patterns such as wedges etc.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I still trade mainly on horizontal resistance and support. Most of the other things I look at are for figuring out my stops and limits. If I do see any A+ setups, I will make sure I clean up my charts before I post, and stick to what’s being used here. I actually have Johnathons website as one of my main favorite links that I check out quite often, haha. There is a rich amount of information here, I appreciate everyone who posts here. I have taken some great trades posted here and learned a lot.

See, no need for fighting, :slight_smile:

Thanks Bryce and thank you krugman25 for not taking it the wrong way.

May I just add Krugman, I used to use trendlines and MA’s acting as S/R together with other factors to have my “confluences” before entering a trade, but honestly its really not needed.

I am still in this thread and use Johno’s method as it has just simplified my trading and given a much better end result. This is what Johno is trying to get across to newbies, things dont need to be so complicated.

As said in BABYPIPS school and elsewhere, Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS)

Cheers

I am wondering, how many people here enter on a 50% retrace of the PA signals? I noticed on many of the successful PA bars that were forming, it would retrace 50% or more before moving with the PA signal. It is a bit more aggressive entry method, and will cause a trader to miss out on some potentially good trades, but it does essentially allow for a doubling of RR. I would be interested what is the consensus on this, and why or why not to do it.

Thanks.

That would be one of the things we would not do here, over in this forum - we only enter when the PA signal set-up is broken and not into retraces. HERE WE WORK ONLY WITH A+ SIGNALS. This is why we would like to keep these kind of general PA discussions out of this forum and concentrate on posting A+ signals, take our trades and then do an autopsy on our trade after it is closed whether it is succesful or not. Please use this thread only for the discussion of the method discussed here and not for all general price action discussions.

thanks mate

Most A+ signals do have retraces. Very good trades posted in this forum and video’s from Johnathon’s website often have some sort of retracement of the PA signal. The retracement is just reversion to the mean, and has no bearing on the quality of the PA signal. For example the great A+ setup on the EURUSD about 2 weeks back from the huge bearish pinbar. Nial Fuller suggested a 50% retracement of that pinbar, to my regret I decided to enter on the break of the pinbar, I got a 1:2.5 RR out of it. It turns out it did almost exactly 50% retrace, and anyone entering in on the retrace would have had doubled their profit.

Anyways, along with discussing PA setups here, I was hoping entries, stops and limits were part of the discussion. Again if people out there enter on the break of the PA, or a break and retrace, I would be curious.

Hello m8. Does Nial Fuller trade using moving averages? Does he trade on the 1h chart?

Cheers.

Hey Krugman,

Are you talking about this PB last week on EURUSD daily chart? As i couldn’t find any other bearish PB in the last 2 weeks

I was in this trade too, same entry point as you at the break if PB, but got stop out at BE after TP1, took a very small profit. I will be interested to know how you manage your trade to squeeze 1:2.5 RR out of it. Did you just set 1 profit target and take the whole out after it hit??

Please ignore my question if that’s not the PB you are talking about. Cheers

In THIS thread we don’t take retrace entries on PB’s as we [I]always[/I] want to be trading with momentum. When price is retracing up a PB we actually have no way of knowing which times price will turn around at the 50% mark and which trades will just keep going and blow through our stop.

Johnathon’s method of trading PA is to stack the odds’s in your favour as much as possible, hence always waiting for the break.

I will admit that having to explain this is frustrating because this has been mentioned by the OP time and time and time again in this thread.

Again I would suggest if you want to discuss the techniques of Nial Fuller feel free to go and open a ‘this is the way Nial trades’ thread, that way you will have the freedom to discus what you want to discuss.

For simplicity sake we try and stick to the method’s of the OP, just helps keep people on track.

Hi dudest) Thanks for your valuable inputs)Just one more concern i have.I heard that different pairs have different BRN and VBRN classifications? How far is this statement true?

Thanks for your comment and no i am not feeling bad at all)Confusion and don,t know about what i did wrong is the only thing makes me feel bad.

As I remember reading his analysis through Facebook he didn’t say about any obvious direction since April. He was unsure about EU. He said don’t take any trade until it break the range box.

I would like to know which pin bar he suggested to trade on a 50% retracement.

Cheers.

It was pin from 1.5.2013, I was also in but ended at BE.