Forex Price Action

Can I join you guys, here my setup please tell me if i wrong

thanks

The more the merrier!

First of all nothing is “wrong” in Forex trading.

I would say that if your are looking to trade Price Action trend lines are over rated and not needed. Show me 5 traders and I will show you 5 different trend lines if the exact same chart.

Why are you worried about mapping out what happens next? We are in a down trend on the 4hr chart and then got a nice pullback to a nice level followed by some bearish PA. Simply trade what you see.

Johnathon

1 Like

Ok Johnathon, thanks for you advice, I am not familiar about this, because i still learning

Where all still learning everyday! That’s what we are here for so feel free to ask questions and get amongst it!

Hai,I see a bullish engulfing in this chart but not up?

Hey Herifx

Firstly, that isnt really an engulfing bar, second bar doesnt completely engulf first.

Secondly, you trying to trade against the trend with a small PA on the hourly TF, thats suicide if you ask me.

See ya

Great stuff!

I see you right bro hihihi i don’t feel it, lets change the chart on GU, Sell

This thread is for traders looking to trade the 1hr charts and above. Most trades will be taken on the 4hr/daily. We are not scalpers, but swing traders.

Scalping with Price Action can be done very successfully however you may not get too many answers regards to your 15 min charts in here.

Good luck with your trade.

Kind regards,

Johnathon

Oh I see, thanks again to remind me, so l will change chart later.:smiley:

No you don’t need to do that. I am just trying to help and keep everyone on the same page.

Good luck,

Johnathon

Simple stuff…

With trend, pulback to logical area and 50% fibo. Moved lower to test lows.

Safe trading to all and goodnight,

Johnathon

i’d like to know what crosses do you watch, guys

I think most here watch all their broker has to offer. I watch all of them on the daily and up time frames and 12 pairs for anything lower (this would be the majors for JPY, USD and EUR)

Hey dnagolf

Yea, if you trading daily then most pairs. try sticking to the main ones when trading 4hour.

Hi Johnathon,

IMHO, I honestly still think the JPYs were just as good; actually (I dare say) even better than the AUDUSD.
-> With the trend
-> Occurred after pullback to logical area

And all moved lower to test lows.

My two cents…

As teb said, I watch all that my broker (Pepperstone) has to offer :slight_smile:
I watch them on 4-hour and Daily, and do a quick check of the Weeklies at the end of a week

Since A+ setups are not very common, for me, the more pairs there are the merrier ( more chances of excellent setups forming :slight_smile: )

PS: that said, if i come across what I’d consider an excellent setup on an exotic pair (e.g USD/ZAR) where the spread is like 10pips! (kidding, but you get the point), I think thrice about taking it… To everyone his own!

Cheers :slight_smile:

what is 2br?

Hi Dudest/Johnathon

What do you guys do when you get multiple setups on different pairs which are correlated? Today was a good example when we had bearish setups on most Yen pairs as well as Aud/Usd and possibly Nzd/Usd. Would you consider taking just the best setup (Gbp/Jpy in my opinion) or would you reduce position size and trade all setups? This happens quite often, especially when monitoring lots of currency pairs.

Thanks

Heya,

2 options. 1: Either split your risk to still risk the same % as you normally do. So for example you see two trades you cannot choose between and you normally risk 3% per trade take them both and only risk 1.5%. or 2: Take the trade you think has the best risk reward potential with smallest downside.

I prefer number 2 but occasinally number 1 is required especially with the yen as quite often they all do the same thing.

Johnathon