Forex Price Action

Heya mate,

everyone in here is allowed there opinion and I am definitely not going to dispute how people see things.

What I would say about these particular trades and for looking forward. The formed quite low to the recent lows. The were not from swing highs. Now that is fine when price does break the support area and keep moving on swiftly but the problem comes in when the support holds. It is the same as a taking a trade right into a support zone and hopeing for it to break if you get my drift?

I would love to add some charts but really busy at mo and will talk later when I can.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

As has been said I personally watch about 40 on the Weekly/Daily/4hr charts and only about the 10 majors on any chart lower.

I use to watch a heck of a lot more but Forex is for a lifestyle and the headaches were killing me!!! Staring at a screen all the time!

Hope this helps,

Johnathon

2BR = 2-bar reversal

Thanks Johnathon

Hey everyone. I am somewhat new to price action but I was looking at this on the daily chart for USDCHF.

It looks like it failed to break the resistance at .9143 and looks to be forming a pin bar. A break above .9210 looks to be a buy with the first tp at the 50% fib and then the .618. There seems to be a lot of confluence at this level.

Let me know if I am on the right path here. I need to learn! haha thanks!

Hey Noozak

Please take those moving averages off, they just going to confuse you. :22:

You have pretty good S/R levels there, now if you wanting to long you looking to long at swing lows, if you looking to short you looking to short at swing highs.

Look at where price is now, NO MANS LAND!

Cheers mate

Ah, I just have them there as somewhat a dynamic support and resistance levels. Suppose it is redundant though with my own drawn in there.

Good point with where price is located at in accordance to the swing high/low. I forgot to pay attention to that.

Dynamic area of support and resistance sounds like Nial Fuller, lol

I USED to use MA, boy did I go nuts!!!

I have seen his website, but never really spent time there. I have used them in the past and they worked as levels of S/R but I will say they kind of crowd my charts. I guess thats what happens when you are used to having naked charts.

mind explaining whats the different between 2br and engulfing?
Big thanks

Hi Ajyong,

Johnathon and Bryce (bhops) usually do this alot better, but i’ll give it a try.

2BR
-> 2BRs occur when two bars (bearish and bullish) form as mirror images of each other. When formed at swing high/swing low, the pattern could indicate a reversal is about to happen

Engulfing bar
-> Like the name implies, an engulfing bar completely engulfs the bar before it. When formed at swing high/swing low, could indicate a reversal is about to occur.

Tried to get a chart that had both, this is the quickest i could come up with:

=> PS: I’m assuming you’ve read this thread from the beginning (!) If you haven’t, I highly recommend it. You’ll see lots of live/hindsight charts posted having 2BRs and EBs (BEEBs and BUEBs)

=> Also, check out Johnathon’s free videos at Video | Forex School Online You’ll find those setups covered there as well.

Cheers!

Charts I’m watching

=> NZDJPY H4:

=> AUDCHF D1:

=> AUDCAD H4:

=> GBPAUD D1:

=> USDCAD H4:

Comments (and more chart uploads ) most welcome!

Another example on CADCHF chart. D1 shows a 2BR, H4 shows a bearish EB (BEEB)

D1:

H4:

PS: did anyone take this? I missed it :confused:

Hi Dudest i wouldn’t have taken either personally.

Just too choppy on the Daily at the moe and the 4 hour really lost all its steam with the one big bearish bar. Doesn’t really ‘pop’ to me and trading back into lows. Easy pass.

AUD/CHF, GBP/AUD and AUD/CAD are all marked very similar on my charts. Nothing to do but sit and wait.

Hi everyone !

Two charts to have eyes on for possible pull back…

AUDCHF Daily…

EURAUD Daily

Anyone catch the long trade on Aud/Jpy? Missed it so now I’m watching the 85 level for a possible short.

If you mean the ‘Pinbar’ on the 4 hour for me not in a 100 years was that a compelling enough piece of PA to trade.

Don’t get me wrong the level was really nice but this thread is ‘Forex price Action’ and as such that really wasn’t a big enough PA signal to trade, maybe you could’ve touch traded that level but then that is a whole nother thread :54:

It wasn’t the ‘pinbar’ alone that I was looking at. That was just an indecision candle. If you combine the 2 candles surrounding the pinbar I think that’s pretty decent price action. Combining the 3 we have a strong pinbar on a ‘12 hour’ candle don’t you think? I don’t know how to put up 12 hour charts so I just kinda do it in my head.

Combining or candle blending sometimes gives us the PA we seek but not always. I’ll post up the 12 hour version.

As I say don’t get me wrong, a really lovely level to play from, but respectfully I’ll disagree, the PA around this level didn’t scream long or loud enough to be traded. At least not for the style of trading we are trying to endorse in this thread.

It is frustrating I know when you have finally reached a level you have had marked out, sometimes for days, and to then not get the level of PA you had hoped for, but as Johnathon is trying to endorse, it is those who have the discipline to sit on their hands and wait for all the stars to align who will consistently make money over time.