Forex Price Action

C
What do you think about the big bar on usdjpy daily just before the pinbar? Will that keep you away from the trade Johno? Am really curious about that. I am also thinking about EurCad daily … would love to hear your thoughts on that one as well

RAJ

the reversal is going to start below the 200ma on the H4 if it does occur. its oversold on the H4 and D1, and that pinbar is enough indication for me to get in with a small position. looking to get out at 99.106 if it breaks upward, as long as it faces no resistance.

Please keep your moving averages and all other indicators out of this price action thread… Please kindly read Page one, post one.

Johnathon

Hey guys,

looking to have crack at the USDJPY tomoz if the market plays the game for us and opens nicely without a huge gap in the morning! Looking for price to break the pin and then move higher into the VBRN above of 100.000. there is a minor level before that which would not surprise me to see price stall at before that around the 98.95 level, but with the trend higher and price in this box it is at the moment it will be interesting to see if price can indeed move back into the highs and then break out and test the extreme highs again…

Safe trading to all this week,

Johnathon

PS: Obviously this is not a trading signal and I do not post this to be copied by anyone. I just the same as everyone else have losing trades! Don’t go betting the farm because I have posted this when you weren’t going to even trade this! If you were going to trade this before you watched this then fine place the trade, but if you were not going to play the trade then don’t let this video sway you.

Johnathon… What do you say about CadChf?

I say what do you say? :cool:

I’m not shorting gbpcad actually, im wait for it to retrace back to the yellow zone to long lol

Jack.C

Hehe…
I think its good to buy CadChf because we have good BUEB, support 8 times test + BRN on 0.9000 and bottom of the range…

CADCHF DAILY CHART
To answer your question: If it’s going to bust higher it is going to have to move through this pretty key area first. Until that happens who knows…

Safe trading and night all,

Johnathon

Nice one! :35: So you going long on Monday?

And boss, you did not comment on Eur Cad. :slight_smile: :)… Loved your video as usual …

I’m going long on Mondey when the price confirm BUEB 0.91930

On what PA you want to buy the cadchf?

here is what i will be looking at when market opens this week:

usdjpy daily - best looking setup of the bunch, goes with the trend, already been discussed

eurcad daily - possible reversal or small retracement trade at strong s/r area, sort-of pin bar also is formed on the weekly to reinforce the decision

gbpcad weekly - another possible reversal on the weekly, large pinbar on weekly chart, large engulfing bar on daily

sekjpy daily - with the trend, some recent ranging traffic and brn of 15 imminent. this chart is almost a mirror image of the usdjpy chart

so far looks like i might place orders on usdjpy daily and gbpcad weekly, will have to wait and see what happens

edit: reviewing the pinbar on the gbpcad weekly i see it does not close within the previous candle so it is invalid. the engulfing bar on the daily is still valid though. will be staying with usdjpy for now then

Will the JPY Current Account news have much of an affect on this? It is marked as a red news announcement.

BUEB… Say it on upper comment

We don’t care about the news. Doesn’t matter even they are in red… Only rule who are connect with news is to don’t trade around NFP :slight_smile:

Well, market opened up beautifully. I’m in my first trade in the USD/JPY taking the pin bar reversal. I have a question about trade management however. How exactly do you guys take half profit? I plan to take half profit at the red line I have marked, a bit before the BRN of 100.00. I know you can use the take profit function on modify order, but does that let you do half profit? Or does that cash everything in?

place two half size orders. if you think price will continue past two take profit points place three and let the third one run if price goes your way. some make the first order a bit bigger than the second and the second bigger than the third etc since it is the most likely to be hit. for now i’m just doing two equal half size orders until i improve

when the first order is hit you can move the stop loss of the second order etc. when the second order is nearing its target you can move stop loss to break even or further to lock in guaranteed profit

What i do to take 1/2 profit on the mt 4 platform , go on the close function then adjust the pip value to have the amount then pull the trigger, it will be instant execution.