Forex Price Action

I marked my level at 0.9400 waiting for retracement lol

Jack.C

Jack
Thanks

I have a lot of respect for johnathon but that,s just how i think.If i spotted a setup i calculated a full possible reward it,s offering me now it depends on price reaches the final TP or just reverse back after hitting my TP1 and hit my stoploss(at breakeven)

good, this can be another way. i think that different people have diff level of conservativeness, some people like you dont mind getting SL at BE hoping for more reward which is very good as well. We all trade differently :slight_smile:

This pair has been in range Since around 2010(Alpari doesnt give feed before that).

Recently, the pair has hit a high of that range between 1.6200-1.6300. Followed by a big retracement and forming something look like a two bar reversal/ Engulfing pattern (definitely either one of them) this week by friday close if not much changes happens.

So there are few Support areas that we need to be careful of(red highlighted areas). There is one more near 1.5880 area which i forgot to mark.

So i think this will play well if it ends well tmr. Whats you guys thoughts on this?

Jack.C

EDIT:

Btw, who has the script that can combine two weekly bars together? i would like to see how it looks like for 2 week bar lol

I agree 100/%.

EURGBP Daily Range. Looked for signal on H4. Entered break of BUEB (that had engulfed four previous bars) @ support. 1:1 RR. Took profit at resistance. If I were to play it again, I would have closed half of my position and seen if price might reach the top of the range, but I wanted to play conservatively today.

Hello every one,

Last night I was looking at the pinbar formed on 4H NZD/USD chart. But I didn’t enter as it had gone lower than my desired entry. This morning it returned up and I was hesitant whether I should enter or not and I ignored it.

Now the question is:
Aside from the validity of this setup, is it sensible to enter such trades when you are left behind first and you get the chance to get in later or to set a limit order in hope of getting the chance to enter?

Thanks and sorry for long explanation.

I think it really depends on what’s happened to price since your setup, and how the probability of success have changed. For example, if you miss the opportunity to play the break of a pinbar, but then have an engulfing bar which acts as further confirmation, you could say that the probability for success has increased. You HAVE missed the original opportunity because the market has since changed, but if your criteria for entering a trade are still being met, then you can proceed.

The most important thing is what price has done since.

See how this pin bar plays out. I may go in when it close below VBRN 0.9000 loll

Been waiting for too long…

Why wouldn’t you go in?

I’ll definitely go in lol, guess i put it wrongly

But i do have some concern is that the spread is 5 pips and the RRR, hopefully is gd enough lol

One more to look out for!

4HR is already a nice Engulfing bar for those who trade 4HR.

Good night!

If it closes like this then it looks valid to me. The level is good too. The only concern is the size of the pinbar, especially compared to the bigger bullish candle from yesterday.

Also a 5 pip spread on this pair is huge. At Pepper I only have a 2.0-2.6 pip spread on this pair.

The FTA on the H4 BUEB is very close though, so be careful:

anybody get in on the eursgd weekly? i didn’t but it has moved over 200 pips this week already

I don’t know, it just seems to me as not that important parameter… Look at strong bullish engulf bar 3 weeks ago and the following smaller pin bar with trend… anyway, market has to move up to be able to move down again. The bullish candle formed yesterday does not seem as big to me, but it’s just my point of view.

Unfortunately, it closed 3 points higher then the previous high:31:

Dont you just hate it when that happens :smiley:

The size of the pinbar was abit too small for my liking + the way it closed, means no trade for me.
The level is nice though and if it could break the low of the pinbar it would be beneath 0.9000 and alot of space to move into.

Not hard to decide to let it go but after it has be quiet for awhile i notice myself thinking twice about it.
So quickly gonna sleep now so i dont do something i regret :slight_smile:

Remitu