Forex Price Action

Yeah i checked the 2Day as well but actually you dont have to check to know as you cant choose which bar to mix on the 2 Day chart. however according to Johnothon’s The 2 Bar Reversal , it is a 2Bar. Unless im totally wrong lol but i hope not=o=

yes, it’s a good setup but a problem , it needs 240 pip stop , What should we do in these situations ? we take the trade and place bigger Tp es?

Nzd/usd was a 2bar reversal , I didn’t take it because I have 2 open positions aud/cad , aud/chf .

Good Luck

Wow, lots happening in the last 24 hours. Take care not to put on too much risk with markets moving together. I’ve just noticed I was over total max risk on the CHF pairs with cad/chf, aud/chf, gbp/chf all going short. I’ve just reached part TPs on aud/chf cad/chf and eur/aud. Although part of me wanted to remove these exits I think i did the right thing by taking some profits and sticking with my plan on exits. Lets see if these trends continue!

[QUOTE=“abc2005;520726”]

yes, it’s a good setup but a problem , it needs 240 pip stop , What should we do in these situations ? we take the trade and place bigger Tp es?

Nzd/usd was a 2bar reversal , I didn’t take it because I have 2 open positions aud/cad , aud/chf .

Good Luck[/QUOTE]

You can’t place a bigger target price just because that’s what you need. The TP needs to be at a logical level based on where the price action is telling you it could go to before meeting resistance.

I would suggest there’s 2 questions to ask yourself here before making the trade:-

1. Is the risk reward ratio acceptable?
  2. What is the maximum risk on a single trade your money management allows?

If 1 is ok but 2 is not can you trade a smaller size?

Personally I am not entirely sure. Here is the explaining text from Johnothons website:

For a bearish 2 Bar Reversal the first bar must go up and close near the sessions highs. This makes the rest of the market think that particular pair is breaking out higher, but this is a lie. When the second bar opens it whips back lower and fakes out the market, taking traders stops along the way. The second bar must then close near the session’s lows and preferably below the first bars open.

Depends what you make out of “close near the sessions high/low”…

Upper half of the candle? Upper third?

Maybe Johnothon can enlighten us please?! :wink:

My main ingredients to trading!

1. With the trend
  2. Happens at KHL
  3. Good sized PA.

Nice one!

[QUOTE=“aujla17;520631”]

Awesome thank you

My order pending is similar

However my entry is now very close to yours and my to is only 40 pips as I am just practicing my entry points right now if that makes sense[/QUOTE]

Good luck - sounds like you may have already closed and taken profit on this trade - nice one!

Yup i really need to double confirm that :slight_smile:

For me it is a valid 2 bar reversal, because if combine both it become pin bar, and 1 more category is the close of 2nd bar is below the open of the 1st bar.

Thats exactly my thought too lol

Nice Pin bar forming on 240 CHFJPY. Charts a bit messy but looks like it could be a nice Pin

Hello, everyone!
How would you play Daily GBP USD?

I know is more safer to go with the trend, but with a good PA would anyone take the Sell with the range?

Thanks!

Also a pin bar on gold. could do with having dropped a bit further but nice all the same

Nice level + Nice 2-bar with “added plus” false break on the bearish candle & it’s gone down for you pretty quick :), nice trade Mr Jack!

Didn’t take it coz of the level (candle highs) under the entry, glad it worked out for those in it!

Cheers

These have come off pretty good! Have take partial profit and looking for them to break lower (esp the AUDCHF with super down trend behind it ).

Cheers!

yeah, i debate quite abit for the candle highs as well…just thought it wasnt significant enough compare to the big pin + false break lol… what u think?

Hi everyone)Damn i missed two solid high probability trades .Actually in the past few days i was in a ****ty little town with no internet access.Feeling angry right now((
After producing strong and valid PA signals at support areas the price moved upwards swiftly and successfully hit their first resistance areas(take profit levels).Did anyone else take these trades?

Thanks
Secure Trading

We position size: Position Size Calculator, Forex Position Size Calculator

As Willy found out a few pages ago, we can also use candle highs/lows that can act as relevant S/R to buffer our stop. But that’s a stunt if you’re still coming to grips with the method.

Whatever the case, we always position size [ i.e, SL determines lot size, not the other way around ]

Cheers

Yes things are going very well :slight_smile:
Hey Jackson I’m glad that the NZDUSD setup worked. I set pending orders at NY closed to go short but I wasn’t sure if that was a valid 2 bar reversal so I cancelled my orders, woke up this morning and what do you know? lol but I’d like to hear what Johno has to say about that setup.

I’ve got my hands full :slight_smile:

1. AUDCHF 4HR
  2. CADCHF D1
  3. NZDJPY 12HR
  4. GBPCHF D1