Forex Price Action

How dudest saw it ( literally ):

Hi Mat,

Question: is it at swing low or swing high?

Dudest,
when you say “NZDUSD D1 mod” do you mean converting them into D2 candles? because I used the period converter last night at NY close using Pepperstone MT4 & it wasn’t giving me a pin that’s why I stayed out of this trade.
Another thing, is it possible to change candles on MT5 into D2 candles? I only see an option to convert up to a maximum of 12HR candles.

LOL! No, it’s not a D2 candle, I just blended the 2BR, the other candles are D1

Final candle: open of first candle + close of 2nd candle + high of 2nd candle (highest) + low of 1st candle (lowest)

[QUOTE=“dudest;520822”]

Hi Mat,

Question: is it at swing low or swing high?

.[/QUOTE]

The whole of the bar covers quite a range but the bottom of the pin shows a rejection of previous resistance I believe (will check when I get back in the office)

How did you do that??
teach me dude! lol

I’d like to thank Diablo1505 for suggesting that the forum members read “One Good Trade by Mike Ballafiore” it’s a good book.
I read this paragraph & I wanted to share it with errrrrbody’. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Comparing yourself to another trader is not in your self-interest. Most successful traders are ultra competitive, and it is human nature to want to be the best trader on the desk… Traders do not focus on how well they are doing, but rather compare themselves to other traders. This can be very harmful, and here’s why. First, what makes you think that the trader you are comparing yourself to is in the same hemisphere as your trading talent? Just because someone sits next to you on a trading desk does not mean that his production has anything to do with your ability. Traders assume that since they are trained in a similar style and trade at the same firm, that they should do as well or better than the next guy. Let me be clear, the person sitting next to you, behind you, in front of you, a few rows from you is NOT you. They may miss trades that you don’t. They may wuss out of trades that you don’t. They may not see the screen as clearly as you. You are your own small business. How well you do depends on you, not comparing yourself to them.
PS: This does not mean you should not work at your game & improve everyday.

I just added the post script :18:

HI
this is my plan to trade Gbp daily time . Why we trade against the market when we can trade with the market ?!!
I priority is to go long with a good signal on the pullback .

Good luck

my top on aud/chf is on 0.8270 ,about 170 pip . my first tp was on 80 pips .
I don’t want to be greedy

Hehe :slight_smile:

I did it in my mind (the open/close/high/low thing)

But for the pictorial, I used Paint :smiley: (sheepish grin)

I think there’s a blending script somewhere, but it’s something your eyes can work out ( give it a try and you’ll see! )

:slight_smile:

LIKE!

( but please take of the indicators from the chart when posting! )

Cheers :slight_smile:

Possible nice setup forming on the GBPAUD 4HR & 8 HR. 2 bar reversal on the 4 HR chart which would form a nice pinbar on the 8HR chart.

It’s at a nice resistance level and at a round number 1.7300.

If PA is confirmed in 1 hour when the candle closes i’ll take it. The only downside of this trade is that it is countertrend.

What ya’ll think of the USD/SGD 4H chart the pin-bar on a swing low to go long :
(I use yellow lines for the Daily S&R levels, and a purple one for the hourly levels)

Hi Diablo, I’ve just been looking at the same pair but for a long trade. Wouldn’t mind your view if you have some time to take a look.

I take my S/R level from the Daily chart Swing High shown here which is about 17240: -

Then looking at the 60m chart there is a potential rejection of that level and a BUEB forming (it’s dropped back a bit now but at time of starting to write the price was at the top of the session price - humor me and lets pretend its a BUEB).

If this closes as a significant BUEB I would be looking to trade it long. Would also be with trend at that stage. Am i missing something, whats your thoughts?

I have question about 2 bar reversal. Is this a valid 2 bar reversal ? Should we trade it? Price did break down under the PA signal but its back at the resistance, and Im not sure is this PA is valid or not (closed on the resistance) please help Johnathon :slight_smile:

I am no expert, but I think I am getting the hang of things so I will give my opinion.

This could be classified as a 2 bar reversal, now back before I started learning Jonto’s PA system, I would have jumped at this trade, but for me, now, I would pass on this as it is sitting right on support and right under resistance, so god knows what way it will go… just my opinion :slight_smile:

Adam

EDIT: Also, as you can see, price tried to break lower but was pushed back up again giving me another reason to pass on this one.

Hi dudest, I have a question. Why shouldn’t we trade any US currency pair when there is news such as the non-farm payrolls (NFP) ?:10:

actually I don’t use it at all , It’s been on the template and I didn’t remove it yet :slight_smile:

it’s very obvious ,you go and have a look at the charts when this news came out then you can understand why , we’ve very big moves (unreasonable and irrational moves) before the news and also after the news. you could have a pending order and it hit before the news and very very easily hit your stoploss .
as johnson said , you should just consider nfp an no other newses .

safe trading

From my pepperstone chart it is not two bar reversal.