Forex Price Action

EUR/AUD 20 point spread with my broker - ouch!!

who is your broker if you donā€™t mind me asking?

cheers.

[QUOTE=ā€œKasravi;524248ā€]

who is your broker if you donā€™t mind me asking?

cheers.[/QUOTE]

Is (now was) IG markets

Lolā€¦

Mt5 ?

[QUOTE=ā€œKasravi;524255ā€]

Lolā€¦

Mt5 ?[/QUOTE]

No, I use ensign for charts and an iPhone app for execution

Coolā€¦
Where do you get your data feed from?

Hi,
what about this one?

Looks like a solid pinbar, a bit noisy on both fronts though.

Cheers

Guys I know it is kinda out of subject but just wanted to tell you that I have been in this thread since a few days and I have learned a tremendous amount of things and even got some winning trades :smiley:

So thank you

At a closer look , I have difficulties identifying what market structure the cad/jpy is in???

It obviously was in a downtrend however never broke 7th aug lows. It actually rejected that support with a poor pinbar on the 8h chart.

Call me over cautious but let the market play out and look for breakout signals below 92.25.

What you reckon?

cheers.

I can,t see any difference on the levels of both GBPCAD and EURCAD ?Both pin bar have formed on area where there is no previous level of resistance.Can you please give me explanation?
Also what you say about the strong bullish pin bar formed on a GBPCAD D1 chart? It,s with the recent uptrend but the FTA is a bit close.

I see a very interesting pin bar on the silver daily what is just bothering me is that the SL should be rather high because of the long wick

What do you say ?

[QUOTE=ā€œKasravi;524270ā€]

Coolā€¦
Where do you get your data feed from?[/QUOTE]

I think itā€™s fxcm or something. Iā€™ll check tomorrow

Iā€™m sure Dudest will answer to that, but at the mean time Iā€™ll give an opinion.
on the gbp/cad a pinbar formed at extreme highs, highs we havenā€™t seen since september 2010.
Thus based on counter trend trading spotting such an obvious rejection is a luxurious invitation.
It nearly yielded 200 pips in a very short time.

Cheers

Yeah I look at it same way. For me only possible trade on 8H chart is place TP around 92,50 which meen R:R cca 1:1.
Not sure it break through support ā€¦ it can but definetely not because there is PB on 8H chart ā€¦ too strong support.
So maybe take it short and place TP on 92.50?

Thatā€™s why you position size :slight_smile:
It does look pretty good, only trouble is the uptrend!

Thank you Chisha but what do you mean by ā€œposition sizeā€ ?

Smart! I have a couple of markets where I find it hard to place S/R levels and read market sentiment. Whenever I feel this way I just stand aside. I used to get whipsawed a lot because Iā€™d force trades. In the back of my mind Iā€™d be wary & uncertain but Iā€™d hit the order key and when the trade goes against me Iā€™d be like ā€œnow why the hell did I enter that setup? What the hell am I doing?ā€ lol
Anyway you get the idea.

I said you should position size because you seemed concerned about the stop loss being too high. What I meant was when entering the trade you should reduce your lot size so you can only risk an amount that youā€™re comfortable losing if the trade goes against you.
I hope you have taken the time to work on your money management, itā€™s SUPERRRRR important!
Please take the time to do that and be sure to download the position size calculator that Dudest attached in one of his earlier posts.
I hope Iā€™m explaining myself clearly & making sense to you.

Thanks for taking the time to write this, yes I do follow MM and thatā€™s why I was concerned about the SL because, in my case, to cover this SL I should go beyond my allowed position size. Remember I only have 300 usd to play with :smiley:

Guess I will pass silver this time and look for another opportunity

Cheers and thanks again