Forex Price Action

In this case as far as I concern checking one of them is enough.

Cheers.

i had a look at this and my concern was that it was approaching support and resistance levels of 22nd august and 26th august. the 14400 number seems to be a stumbling block.

Couple of things. Very few of us (us=ppl in this forum who are not advanced traders/members of FSO) were shorting it as it is a countertrend trade, not advocated in this forum as Johnathon has advised beginners not to take Countertrend trades while studying the basics of his method. I suggest that it is a great advice that saves your money until you feel confident with his method to start countertrend trading. Other than that your observations are correct. I also urge you to think in dollars and not in pips and that ppl are xtra cautious with CT trades so i feel not many wud hav waited for a 200 pip profit as u say, taking profit much earlier at relevant areas.
Cheers
Raj

Indeed first profits were tooken at a reasonable area(talking about the ct gbp/cad trade).
2nd thing, Itā€™s impractical to talk in dollar terms. For you its bucks for me its quids for someone else euros so on and so forth, not to mention different position sizing.
What I really wanted to point out is the ā€™ Radical Tactical Shift ā€™ approach.

Cheers.

Just wanted to share something with you guys. I found out how to make custom TF charts on MT4. Please see link below. Itā€™s really simple.

Have a nice weekend.

Customizing MT4 Time Frames @ Forex Factory

Thank you for the info bigcheefer30, have a great wk-nd.

Greetings all, I typically try to avoid entering positions on FRI, especially before a long weekend (American labor day). But, my order for the CADCHF 12HR short was filled this morning around 830AM EST. Was wondering if anyone else took this trade and how they plan to manage. I noticed two retracements of the PB to about the 50% level, but that key level around .88455 appears to be holding. Is that somewhat common? I went back on a few dif. pairs to try and find some PBā€™s and what the next 3/4 candles did, and noticed that a 50% retracement is relatively probable and common.

Anyone else going to be sitting on this position over the weekend? (Pending some major volatility today- which I donā€™t foresee happeningā€¦).

I was filled @ .88168, and itā€™s just been North since then.

Thanks!

Looks like we are getting a really nice pin bar on the USOil daily chart at a nice support level (price flip).

Hi Iā€™m starting to use price action for my trading and using this forum to lean (so much good advice , and good to use clean charts and get rid of all those sma/ema lines!) but Iā€™ve noticed my MT4 charts with Markets. com are 6 day not 5 day New York close , is there any way of changing them to NY close ? any help gratefully received .

I switched brokers over to AxiTrader USA. I was with Forex.com, but they use GMT on their servers so my candles were all jacked. If youā€™re using MT4, it depends on your broker.

That means Us. is moving into Syria, the crisis escalates.

Refer to the first post by Johnathon Fox.

Cheers.

Hallo tjg!, and welcome :slight_smile:

Post #1 has a list of brokers whose charts are 5-day NY-close.

Cheers

Hallo Davei1985!
which broker do you use? I donā€™t have this pair on my charts & to be honest itā€™s the first Iā€™m hearing of it.

I hope thatā€™s not the case Kasravi, it does looks scary .

Great advice Johnathon! Anybody who has a business or has been apart of a startup knows how important the bottom line is. It isnā€™t any different in our trading. It is hard to find a good broker in the US to begin with, and I actually thought I had pretty good spreads through FXCM, but as a person who treats my Forex trading like a business, I went searching for better spreads. My current EURUSD spread is around 2.3. I found a US broker that offers a 1.3 spread for EURUSD standard account and .03 for pro accounts! For all of the other pairs the spreads were between 50% to 75% lower for standard and around 90% lower for pro account. The best thing is they are not the market maker. Needless to say, iā€™m switching, haha.

I use IG but am looking around for someone else. That trade looks like a dud at the moment. Price completely retraced during the next 4 hours.

Well, Krugman25 it would be nice of you to share that info somehow . I for one would like to look into that, thanks in advance.:wink:

Iā€™m fully aware of the reason why Oil price is rising and has broken the resistance level. Was more refering to a nice trade setupā€¦ :wink:

thx for all the quick replies ,saw that first post but was just wondering if I could do it with the MT4 Iā€™m using (Markets .com) and not have to change broker