Forex Price Action

Last hour I tried to make a topic more informative by throwing a stats for 2 additional pairs (same 4 months), but EURCHF and EURJPY both gave me 0 trades in this period, sorry for my previous promise to post more detailed results:29:

My only open trade is GBPCAD daily long, otherwise Iā€™m not seeing any good D1 setups. Sitting on the sidelines for now.

Iā€™m not sure if there will be enough activity NY session FRIDAY EST for the CADCHF 12HR reversal to play outā€¦Are you going to be monitoring this through the night? I donā€™t have access to 12HR charts, but honestly, your projections look so nice that I set a pending order.

Sell stop @: .88168
Stop @: .88723
TP @:.87413

Mind sharing your projections? :slight_smile: Thanks. Also, is anyone else eye-ing this setup?

(in ref. to cadchf 12HR setup)

If any body notice PB at support level on NZDUSD 4H TF. any opinion pls

( how i can post the chart pls guide me thanks in advance)

I have said it a lot of times in this thread, but it is important; if you are paying too much for your spreads & commissions you are not taking your trading seriously enough. I know that may sound really harsh and I am really not trying to be because obviously I am trying to help everyone in here, but if your broker is fleecing you every time you are placing a trade then you simply are not treating your trading like the business it needs to be treated like.

The biggest outgoing we have as traders is broking costs and to every cent we give to brokers is a cent we donā€™t make in profits at the end of the financial year. The other thing is it makes it hard to make winning trades when starting to far behind before even placing the trade.

The last thing is I would highly recommend traders look elsewhere other than market maker cfd providers such as IG markets and CMC markets who take the other side of your trades and are actively wanting you to lose. Whilst I understand why some guys who are spread betting in the UK are trading with them are using them, others have far better and far cheaper operators to choose from.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Some of the best opportunities can come from counter trend trading. We are not strictly only trend traders. We will trade in all types of markets as long as the trading setups is a very high probability setup.

What we do highly recommend is that new traders stick to trading pullbacks in obvious trends only. The reason for this is simple; The trend is the biggest edge a trader can have and this straight away helps the new trader start putting the odds on their side.

Once a trader has learnt how the markets operates and the key rules it sticks to then they can trade all types of price action setups including trend, counter trend, ranging, break out, continuation etc

Johnathon

Hey guys,

have been super busy of late, but I have still read every single post so donā€™t worry no one gets away with anything! :wink: :59:

Dudest is doing a great job keeping things going and I will be in here over the weekend. Has been a super dooper month for PA trading and the best August in a long time. Keep up the good trading!

Johnathon

I do like the straight forward advice given by you on this thread

what do people think of the GBP/EUR 4hr? bearish engulfing bar forming at the moment. it is at a point of resistance. i would post a pic of the graph but i canā€™t work out how to do that. any help on that would be appreciated. thanks

hello. i currently use IG for spread betting and as i have only been trading for a month and not used any other providers, i donā€™t have anything to compare them against. are there any you would recommend are worth looking at so i can see if iā€™d be happier elsewhere? thanks

Hi davei,

there are two ways of posting pictures;

1. right click on your chart->save as picture->tick active chart->click ok->save file->attach to your message here.

2. right click on your chart->save as picture->tick post image online in MQL5 chartsā€¦->wait for your browser to open the link and copy paste the address of your picture straight here.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Anyone still on USD/CAD short?

Cheers.

in the daily chart (eur/gbp) the trend is downing with big previous bar, also price still trap in S/R, it can work, but not the A+ trade so i dont take it.

Here is what I see on the eur/gbp H4.

It certainly is a Bullish Engulfing bar now,(hell with that long wick it looks like a pinbar too),
However I donā€™t see it forming at a swing low or the bottom of the range.

It could be a turning point but not in our books I suppose.
Cheers.

i think weā€™re looking at different graphs. mine is GBP/EUR and yours is EUR/GBP. iā€™m going to post a picture of my graph now someone has told me how to do it.

hopefully this picture upload will work. GBP/EUR 4hr

Eur/Gbp or Gbp/Eur is the same, in terms of movement they are 100% correlated, please correct me if I am wrong.
Thus I recon the resistance on your chart is not essentially the latest swing high, of course if you are on the trade already
I wish you all the best and good luck.

Cheers.

i would have to agree that i would expect them to be very closely correlated. is checking the reverse currency something that traders do? for instance, should i not trade on the signals from the GBP/EUR because the EUR/GBP says something different? iā€™d be interested to know if that is a ā€˜checkā€™ that people use or if they just work off of one graph at a time? thanks

I found it very interesting that there is such a incredibly fast tactical shift in this forum on the Gbp/Cad trade, let me elaborate;

On the 23rd of August a daily Pin bar was spotted and sell stops were placed.
Two days later was a turning point , a very strong Pin bar on the H4 followed by the daily closing into a Pin bar too.
Quick reactions ,profits were taking and the same trade that we were shorting a day ago we started to go long!

Now longs are possibly around 30-40 pips in profit and traders who took the short on the 23rd had a max. gain of 200 pips.

I think that is marvelous!

Cheers.

hi GBPCHF 4H has formed BEEB any opinion about SHORT ENTRY.
THANKS
SJK