Forex Price Action

I just want to say thanks to Johno for starting this thread, it has fully changed my trading style, I used to trade M5, M15 charts back when i started, I was doing pretty well until my luck ran out. I have been searching for the perfect system looking for fast money, and have just realised there is no such thing, I love trading the M15 and M5 charts, but I get stopped out too much, I used to just buy/sell at S/R levels on these time frames, but I can fully see the power of price action and higher time frames.

I will just have to build up my account balance slowly using PA and win 9-% of my trades (I have only lose 2 PA trades, out of 16)

I have just moved to my real account to start trading PA and am trying so hard to resist trading lower time frames because I know I will end up making a few hundred, then blowing it when my luck runs out again lol, or else it will just go south right away…

Anyway, thanks for the thread guys, it’s great! Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Possible Pin Bar forming on H8 AUDCAD at key daily resistance (Correct me if I am wrong, I am still learning)

EDIT: Still 2 hours till bar close

AUDCAD Pin Bar H8

Hey mselva, here is that pinbar you were looking for on the AUDCAD. :cool:

EURAUD H8 Pin Bar

I spotted this pin bar, nut I am not quite sure about the level it has formed at, if anyone could shed any light on it, I would greatly appreciate it :slight_smile:

The lower red line is the daily swing point, the top red line is the area of congestion if you would call it that, does that count as a valid area of support?

Many Thanks,
Adam

EURAUD H8 Pin Bar

Liking it boss! I am waiting on this one too :slight_smile:

Hum, 8H TF,
Waiting for the close of the bar.
:44:
Thank you!

changed completely in the last half hour.
Good night all.

Hey,

A great level where if price made a decent price action/candle, we could go short.

AUD/CHF D1

Richard

Hey gyus!

Couldn’t help posting one picture that I wanted to show you, my first long term position using PA! So proud of it, although I couldn’t stay longer, because I panicked as the price stopped moving…

So I took the pin bar you can see on the EURCAD daily, I took the pips that the purple vertical line shows and I got scared as the price stopped at a previous resistance level. I took the half of the position at 1.3923 and I trailed a little then I closed everything.

Tell me what do you think about this one :slight_smile:

p.s. Thank you Johnathon for the useful information!!! :slight_smile:

the problem is this , you spotted a wrong SR level , actually I think you just saw the 0.9500 and you made this level as a S/R level . S/R levels and key levels are the most important things and If they combine with psychological levels , make them perfect .
this is the right place of S/R level and there is nothing to trade now .
Safe Trading

My trade hit SL care to share your SL to know what I did wrong

Hi dor4ito,

Nice trade!

You may wanna consider to be over cautious on counter trend (CT)trading,the pin didn’t form on any recent resistance.
We are very fussy when it comes to CT trades, but you had 2 very important things in your favour;

1- a huge pinbar
2-lots of space to move,minimum noise.

A good advice ; always plan out where you wanna take profits and possible scenarios that will make you close your trade.
It saves you from baby sitting.

All in all well done.

Cheers

Thank you very much! I will have your advice in mind next time I trade PA :slight_smile:

Wish everyone successful trading :wink:

Doroteya

Hi adam,

You are analyzing it the correct way…everything is in place, But…but…
that what you call a congestion wasn’t simply that let me explain;

Usually when you see lots of candles cluttered together you may call it noise.
However looking at the daily chart you would have noticed price was winding up in that area, Engulfing bars one after another.

Now that tells us that, that area is a black hole! Meaning stop losses are most likely getting hit.
It is an area of interest in terms of a break out but not a pullback/reversal.

This is very important when looking at noise areas. They are quite dangerous.
You had the right approach,just missed the reason behind that area.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sounds like you are not convinced, do what you think is right and not what Krugman,Myself or anyone else tells you…

As Krugman said even if you end up profiting(which by the looks of it price pushed higher and you got stopped) the reason is not price action methods…

Hell, there are PA reasons to go against your trade!

I won’t keep going on about it, bottom line you need to get the right mind set.

Cheers.

Hi johnathon)Thanks for the reply buddy and you have nailed it)

Usd/chf 4h
Beautiful big pinbar on Resistance + 38% Fib .

can someone please explain to me why my graph of usd/chf 4 hr looks completely different?

hi davei,

go and check the very first post from Johnathon, He explains where to get your data feed from.

Cheers.

My resistance line is about 20 pips higher than yours.
Are you taking it?

Cheers