Forex Price Action

You might not be using New York close charts, FXCM does NY close charts, they are who I use. Just download a demo and use the charts from it :slight_smile:

kasravi and adamjn,

thanks for your help guys! however, iā€™m very confused now! iā€™ve got a metatrader 4 account with ig, can i change the settings on that to correlate with NY close charts or do i need to open an account with another broker?

I am not quite happy with the level either, if you look back to the last high on the 14th of last month, basically the same thing happened, price dropped a bit, then rallied again to form a stronger 2 bar reversal signal at a higher point. I am not too sure if I will take the 4 hr pin, just going to wait and see what happens.

USDCHF H4

Wonā€™t work mate, just changes the time not the candles Iā€™m afraid.

Cheers.

Prefer the GBPJPY PIN to USD/CHF

I donā€™t have an opinion on that particular setup but remember that if your trade hits SL, it does not mean that you have missed something :slight_smile: If more than 50% of your trades hits SL, then you have missed something (assuming you have at least 1:1 RR ratio)

iā€™ve downloaded a FXCM demo account as suggested by adamjn and iā€™m now signing from the same hymn sheet! iā€™m still going to use my IG account to place the bets as the spreads seem a lot smaller. is there anything wrong with doing that or is that something that most people do?

I spotted the S/R line on Daily TF . switch to daily and youā€™ll identify it easier .
now , weā€™ve got a 12h pinbar too , for me itā€™s a good setup .
If you check the daily TF , Youā€™ll see from left to right the market direction is down . So Iā€™m trading with the trend .
Itā€™s not triggered yet .

GBP/Jpy is good . weā€™ve a key level and It could can a good setup .

Good Luck

Greetings everyone. Has anyone seen /set orders for 2BR on USDCAD D1?

I am a little confused on this one, would this be trading into previous resistance? Check my chart :slight_smile:

Yes- I donā€™t really see any clear trend other than the big bullish candles leading to this new high. Iā€™m treating this as a counter-trend trade though, and my profit level is just above that 2nd S/R line you have drawn. R:R is 1:1.

ref. usdcad D1 2br

itā€™s too soon to call it a 2bar reversal .
7 hours left to see whatā€™s it gonna be .

I agree abc2005- I def. should be waiting for this to close as that is the proper way to play this potential setup. I should be looking for this candle to close for confirmation and then setting pending orders. Hereā€™s what happened: I started using PA methods literally about a week ago. Sun-Thurs I made 5 profitable trades, with micro-lot-sized positions. I came across another user who posted what I thought was a sweet setup (CADCFH 12HR PB), and decided to increase my position to what Iā€™d ā€œnormallyā€ trade (about 4 mini lots). Nonetheless, I got stopped out, which wiped out all my micro-lot-sized profits last week (which, was about 8% profit for the week which is great). Long story short, Iā€™m still dealing with the emotions and just by typing this Iā€™m seeing my mistakes.

I understand that we canā€™t make every trade profitable, it was just bad timing on my part and sticking to the plan, and moving forward. The USDCAD trade Iā€™m in right now is nothing more than a guess at this pointā€¦still learningā€¦

I have been reading through this thread for about a month now, and I think I have got the hang of PA trading, I still have some questions with regards to S/R levels, but mostly on charts with congestion, so I am refraining from even trying to find setups on them until I can fine tune my trading on good strong trending pairs.

I see why you thought this might be a setup, I was looking at the same thing, I always draw my S/R levels on the daily charts, then check H8, H6 and H4 for setups. When I spied the CAPCHF setup you got stopped out on, it was well below my level as I had drawn it on the daily, I was so tempted to move the level to the pin bar high, but I remembered reading, ā€œdraw the levels then look for PA, not Look for PA then try and convince myself it is at a S/R levelā€.

Maybe that will help? After all, daily levels are stronger, I had the exact same dilemma last night when i spotted a pin bar on EURAUD at a noisy area, my S/R level was about 70 pips lower, but i thought the noise might count as support, lucky I didnā€™t place the tradeā€¦

Adam

No, that is totally ok.

Cheers.

Yeah,luckyā€¦

Eur/Aud final TP hit.

Cheers.

Relax, we are
Forex
Tradersā€¦

Cad/Chf turned out to be a loser,so what.
As you say your shift in position sizing caught you out.

The long run mate ,the long run counts.

Lick your woundsā€¦you know the rest.

Good luck, and cheer up buddy.

Cheers.

Thanks- needed to hear thatā€¦

The Aussie is roaring today (11:15AM EST)ā€¦anyone have any open AUD/XXX positions?

May I please ask where you placed your stop on this? I was stopped out @ 88723