Forex Price Action

Wick is 3 times the length of candle body and candle closes within the previous candle.

Here is an example of a bad pin bar, it did not close within the previous candle and price broke below the low of the PB on the next candle.

Ok, so here are 2 trades, first one is a bad trade, 2nd is good.

In the first setup, you need to wait for price to come and test resistance at the red line to form a valid PA signa

Notice the size of all these PA signals, the STICK OUT from the rest of the candles, this is what we in this thread are looking for.

Hopefully those few images might clear things up a bit :slight_smile:

(All images copied from previous posts)

Cheers,
Adam

Yes Iā€™m short USDCHF. I got in at 0.94321 & itā€™s looking good. Are you in it?

I got out yesterday. Thereā€™s a major support zone which was tested and held today so far.

For EURGBP for the most part I am neutral to neutral-long biased. It still hasnā€™t broken on of the most extremes of itā€™s range but has begin carving out higher highs and higher lows on the daily as it approaches the upper part of the range. So I would prefer to go long on pullbacks to last swing high or any major SR levels in the range. But would go short if a very large and obvious PA signal formed at the top of the range @ 1.3280 or 1.3380.

GBPJPY is a definite long. GBP has been showing a lot of strength and has clearly broken out of its range. I.E. this pair isnā€™t range bound anymore but now trending. Counter trend trading isnā€™t done here, so what you are looking for are pullbacks to a previous swing high or bullish price action at key levels.

GBPJPY could go much higher, it could double in the next 6 months, we never know. Donā€™t get caught up in the mindset that price has already risen so much that it canā€™t possibly go any farther. Sometimes trends go for months or years, donā€™t try to predict when they will end. I like studying Jesse Livermore, one of the most successful traders in history. He has a couple great quotes ā€œStocks are never so high that than canā€™t go higher, and stocks are never so low that they canā€™t go lowerā€ and ā€œbuy high, sell higherā€.

weā€™ve a beautiful BEEF on 4h TF either , the problem is weā€™re very close key S/R level (0.9212) and RN 0.9200 . It can work but itā€™s not a good trade for me .

Now thatā€™s the spirit! Here we all research Price Action, study Price Action, live Price Action, breath Price Action, eat Price Actionā€¦ you got the idea. :smiley:

You bet I am,

That gigantic 2BR and yesterday a BEEB,cherry on top mate.
ā€¦easy money

cheers.

Yea this is interesting. AUDUSD 4hr. I would have been looking to go long after that massive bearish candle, but its just so large. I only trade D1 TFā€™s now though, because Iā€™m not comfortable enough on the lower timeframes.

Ohh yes I see what youā€™re saying I never saw that, I drew my support somewhere below. Thank you for pointing that out but Iā€™ll stick to the plan since Iā€™m in this trade already no need for me to start panicking now :slight_smile: Iā€™ll share how it goes at the end.

For AUD/USD I am look for longs on the pullback to 0.9213.

That major support zone between .9268 - .9246 doesnā€™t concern you? Just trying to understand how youā€™re managing this trade.

Thanks Kas :slight_smile:

Jesse Livermore was the man alright. Iā€™m reading books by Dr Brett N Steenberger, have you studied any of his work? If not please make it a point to look him up.

Of course, Iā€™ve got my eyes on it.
If price stalls,Iā€™ll move stops accordingly. Potentially if price doesnā€™t kick through ~0.9250 confident enough Iā€™ll take most my money off the table and go BE.

Cheers.

Jon has a comment about this pair at FSO.
Regards,

More reason to take it!

You guys do realize that Jesse Livermore also ended up losing everything and committed suicide afterward, right?? :21:

I am also interested in Livermore, but it seems like we never really learned how he lost the great fortune he had accumulated from the crash of 1929. As much as I respect him as a great trader -well, arguably THE greatest trader-, he is definitely not someone I want to emulate entirely in my trading career. :smiley:

Personally, I prefer Munehisa Homma, the first inventor of Price Action in the history of mankind and then used it to completely dominate rice futures market in 18th century and later became a financial consultant to the government and was even given the honored title of samurai. Homma used his insights to amass a huge fortune. It was said he had 100 consecutive winning trades. [B][U]100 consecutive winning trades[/U]![/B] Heck, I donā€™t think even Johnathon ever managed to set that kind of winning streak, although to be fair, itā€™s much easier to do that if you are the inventor of Price Action and noone else was using it at that time. :slight_smile:

In 1755, he wrote (äø‰ēŒæé‡‘ę³‰ē§˜éŒ², San-en Kinsen Hiroku, The Fountain of Gold - The Three Monkey Record of Money), the first book on market psychology. In this, he claims that the psychological aspect of the market is critical to trading success and that tradersā€™ emotions have a significant influence on rice prices. He notes that this can be used to position oneself against the market when all are bearish, there is cause for prices to rise.

Spongybob once shared the link about Munehisa Homma -translated to English by Steve Nison- book somewhere in this Forum. You guys can ask him again to share it. :wink:

Yes I saw that comment right after he put it up.

I know he committed suicide & apparently only had USD10,000 to his name when he died. He also left a note saying he felt like a failure.

Iā€™ve read about Munehisa Homma in one of Steve Nisonā€™s books. He was a market god no doubt about that or as Nison himself put it a ā€œmarket demonā€.

Gee I wonder why. If I made millions of dollars from my trading and then lost most of it because of my own trading errorā€¦ :33:

On the second thought, maybe not. :31:

One thing for sure, Johnathon is right, through and through. Price Action has worked well in 18th century, and it still is working well in 21st century, and I bloody well bet it will continue to work well in 24th century. We are all in the right track, thanks to Homma and now Johnathon. :smiley: