Forex Price Action

Long day @ the office, should have figured it was on a higher TF. My bad. I’ve looked at this more, and set a pending order.

Buy stop- 157.455
TP1- 158.2 area
TP2- 162.0 area
SL- 156.65

I feel this is a solid setup.

(ref GBPJPY 4HR / 8HR)

The best one was CADJPY 8H bullish pin bar trade but unfortunately i have missed it((

[QUOTE=“marketdeal;531356”]
The best one was CADJPY 8H bullish pin bar trade but unfortunately i have missed it(([/QUOTE]

The Pinbar looks very nice but also take a look at the overall market structure. The CAD is trying to climb out of a long downtrend, where as the GBP continues its strong bullish trend, breaking yearly highs. Wouldn’t you want to rather take a long trade on the pair with the stronger bull trend. The pinbars seem comparable.

Boy i would take the long on USD/CAD. Actually i did.

[QUOTE=“tonyro44;531365”]Boy i would take the long on USD/CAD. Actually i did.[/QUOTE]

Are bearish the CAD against the USD? I just checked the charts and didn’t see any price action on the pair. What was the timeframe and signal?

T/F 4h and 7 candles to the left is when i when in NY closing.

No man I dont’ want to enter them all, I am just trying to analyse :slight_smile: Thank you for giving me this opportunity and would be really grateful if you could share these when you can :smiley:

Thank you for your analysis it helps me learn what to look for

Thank you for the details and good luck

I still cannot identify what your setup is, care to share some charts?

Cheers

Hi chisha,

Sorry I don’t have AUD/SGD.
ps: I assume if nobody answered , it either was because no one had a comment or it is a tricky situation.
You happen to kinda hit both mate.

Cheers

I need to share with you a small story if you’d allow me

Since I started focusing on PA my trading is a lot more stress free i can pull the trigger and then go on with my life and not having to check the graph every 2 min and see myself going into deeper and deeper red.

I didn’t do any “real gain” yet but at least i can breath normally

I hope this experience will continue

thanks for the help

hi I’m watching a setup on audusd 4h bullish pinbar seems to be forming 20 mins till close of the candle. body within previous candle and good length of wicks any thoughts would be appreciated ?
sorry can’t seem to post charts .

TJG from a comment a few pages back

Hi TJ,

Looks promising. Does it hit your support? How much room does it have to move? Any overheads?

Cheers.

Hi Kasravi , Eteral
I have a line at .9247 which I am using as support , but am alittle confused about trend direction on this one ? not much overhead.
Oh candle changed at close, not a pinbar after all .
things can change so fast lol

Agree! PA analysis at D1 tf has really set me free so far; hard to believe that before this I thought the money was at M1-M15 tf.

Funny that even one win from D1 is usually comparable to dozen of wins from M1 tf. How could I be so blind before?

My plan is once I master both basic and advanced PA trade setup at D1 tf, I’ll start applying it at H4 tf. Occasionally maybe at H1 tf, but I seriously consider not taking less than H4 tf now. What’s the point if I can gain the same amount of money with less effort and even less stress from higher tf already? :wink:

Hello again

I am still making my way through the thread but wanted to ask a question regarding Friday set ups. I understand not to trade on the last 4hr candle of the week and also not to trade the first intra day signals on a Monday but I noticed that a few posts here mentioned closing positions before the weekend. This week I have not found any decent enough signals to trade and it is now Friday and so I wondered whether it is best to start hunting again on Monday or whether I should still consider the daily, 4hr(not the last of the week) charts should a signal present itself?

Thank you!

[QUOTE=“Mr B A Barracus;531620”]Hello again

I am still making my way through the thread but wanted to ask a question regarding Friday set ups. I understand not to trade on the last 4hr candle of the week and also not to trade the first intra day signals on a Monday but I noticed that a few posts here mentioned closing positions before the weekend. This week I have not found any decent enough signals to trade and it is now Friday and so I wondered whether it is best to start hunting again on Monday or whether I should still consider the daily, 4hr(not the last of the week) charts should a signal present itself?

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Welcome to the thread! In Johnathons PA method you don’t need to close your positions on Friday. Also there isn’t anything saying you can’t trade intranet day signs when the next week opens. Every once in a while the Asian session on Sunday opens and quickly fires off good signals. Just beware of big spreads.

Thanks buddy.

Sorry I don’t have AUD/SGD.
ps: I assume if nobody answered , it either was because no one had a comment or it is a tricky situation.
You happen to kinda hit both mate.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Same here- my broker just cancelled our aud/sgd feed a few weeks ago.

Here’s why I think the Pound/Yen setup discovered yesterday by Kasravi is an A+ setup. I’m managing this trade off the 4HR chart.

4HR Chart:

-2BR
-With the Trend
-Action off significant support/res. line

8HR Chart:

-Confluence across multiple time periods
-Valid PB reversal
-With the Trend
-Action off significant support/res. line

Daily Chart:
-Key level acting as support

Weekly Chart:

-Next major Resistance point is around 162.3, leaving plenty of space for price to continue upward (as pointed out by Krugman)