Forex Price Action

I totally understand and I look forward to reading the discussion to learn how to analyse

There are 3 recent candles which all broke through that .84 level, leaving their wicks exposed. I understand the emotions of wicks, but of all the superior A+ setups Iā€™ve seen, 98% of them have price contained neatly within previous support. Although you can place a pretty tight stop right above .84, I just canā€™t be certain that this one will play out. Definitely going to keep my eye on it though to see what happens.

NZD/USD Daily I see a BUEEB price close just above S/R

Well, just from looking at the H6 chart, it is a solid downtrend, lower lows and lower highs, but, as Johno posted a while back, draw S/R lines on the daily chart, so that is what I do.

I am not sure why it would move back up to the move upward again would happen, but from watching other pairs, a break or support usually results in price going lower, then moving back up to test the support level it just broke, though on this pair, there is a lot of close by S/R levels, so I am not really 100% sure, maybe you can explain your thoughts?

Here is my analysis:

It hit the 0.8400 level on the 02.04.13 and 06.05.13 and it held, now it is through it, making it resistance, so a move higher may not be in order, I was thinking 0.84713 to look for shorts at, but as of now, it doesnā€™t really look like it is going to be able to reach that level, so the pin on the H6 looks like a valid setup, wick is 3 times the length of body, sticks out from other price action, seems to be a swing high and closes within the previous candle making it valid in my books.

Thanks,
Adam

In other words you are saying it in a noisy area.
Did I understand you right?

Cheers

This does not look like a valid BUEEB on my chart.

care to tell me why ?

I totally agree with drawing s/r based on a daily chart, which is still 0.8400.

You are putting it right by saying ā€˜ā€™ a break of support usually results in price going lower, then moving back up to test the support level it just broke". well didnā€™t that just happen?

Cheers.

Well done, it is actually a BUEB.
Nonetheless Iā€™m afraid as far as being taught in here that setup serves as a reversal not breakout or continuation.
Sorry mate,but we are at a clear swing high on nzd/usd.
Cheers

[QUOTE=ā€œKasravi;534911ā€]

That pair is somewhat at a critical level,Eternalnewb.
I suggest we discuss it here and come to a conclusion why we should or shouldnā€™t take it.

We have all the same information in terms of PA setup validation. What I seek for is not a gut feeling telling you to trade or to stay on the side line, but rather a sophisticated analysis from all Peers.
If I may suggest so.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Great idea Kas, Iā€™m a bit tied up at work this week but Iā€™ll definitely be chipping in once I clear the decks!!

Looking forward to it buddy.

In order for a plan to come together, does the bullish engulfing bar not need to engulf the previous bar?

WoW very important remark ! Yes true it has to be a reversal not continuation setup added to the checklist thanks

Pretty muchā€¦Iā€™m watching this on the D1 chart, and there is no doubting the fact that .84 is a key level, and was previously broken. The right thing to do is look to go short, but, I just donā€™t see the signal on the time frame Iā€™m most comfortable trading. Momentum was moving up after market open on Sunday, tried to push through, but got suffocated. This is most likely a tradeable position, but not one that Iā€™m willing to take right now.

I respect that totally that you want to stay in your comfort zone.
(doesnā€™t mean that you back off discussing it though)

It is a trade based on a H6 pin bar, why are you looking at the daily chart?

Cheers

I am clearly not grasping these concepts, I thought a BUEB was supposed to at least engulf the previous bar like this bad boy:

I will have to go back to making those bloody snicker advertsā€¦

Usually in these setups price go lower than the level from which it has retracted right ? I mean the retrace is just a break before it pushes even lower or I got the idea wrong ?

In my book it is engulfing (wick and shadow included)

hey Barracus,
(didnā€™t know youā€™re in the commercial indusrty)

Essentially you want an engulfing bar to engulf itā€™s previous bar tremendously.
But as far as I concern 1 pip above and below prev. candle is enough to call it an engulfing bar.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

If it is a retrace then , at least your are looking for price to move back from where it retraced from.
A potential breakout is very much anticipated though.

Cheers.