Forex Price Action

Thanks EternalNewB, well done with the EURGBP trade!

I decided to take the AUDJPY Beeb despite it being CT…I don’t know how it will work out but one of the main reasons I decided to take it was a little further back on the 4hr chart there is a very bearish movement at 93.256 which I hope may indicate a number of bears in the market…I don’t know if this is right but we’ll see.

I would also welcome any input from more experienced members :slight_smile:

I did it! I really did it! it took me quite a while, but i have finally fulfilled my vow to read each and every single 12,621 posts of this thread while compiling my extensive trade management plan at the same time. Some people told me I might be obsessed, and maybe it’s true because Johnathon himself showed his personal concern that I’ve been liking too many posts within a short amount of time. In fact, after the bible, koran, and Harry Potter, I consider this thread as the longest and the most interesting literature I’ve ever read in my entire life. :slight_smile:

Well, I’ve said this back then, and I’m going to proudly say it again now. This thread is indeed pure gold! I am honored to be part of “The FSO Family”, and I am especially grateful to these four people:

1. Spongybob >> stern and sarcastic but not necessarily narcissistic, he always made sure any of us do not cross the line when he was around. BTW, you sure you’re Spongebob? because from your ever sarcastic remark, you sound more like Squidward!
  2. dudest >> our unofficial guardian angel and living legend, and the one I’ve seen it with my own eyes how he evolved from a trigger happy newbie into a wise senior trader himself. And always remember the [U]Legend of dudest[/U], the fastest gunman in the west!
  3. bhops >> I always think Bryce as our old Grampa with all his wisdom from life experiences. Very rarely speaks in this thread, but once Grampa Bryce does, you bloody well bet you’re all ear!
  4. Johnathon Fox >> we save the best for the last! Our one and only Godfather here. Let’s cut the crap short, shall we? We all wanna be THE GUY!

There are a lot more people that I do not list but I am also extremely grateful, like juicypips, filipl and krugman25, and I really hope that I will learn as much as I can from great traders like you guys till the end of the road. I know I’m still a newbie, and from my posts at babypips and FSO, you can see that sometimes I myself speak and act like a bumbling idiot, but I am willing to learn even though I make mistakes here and there throughout my Forex journey.

Finally, while I acknowledge that the basic knowledge from this thread is really enough to have consistent profitable trades, the real challenge is to put that in action. Since less is more, I found out that I am most likely taking no trade at all until the A+ trade setups appear. My record is going like a month without a trade at all, but once I get the trade, it surely is worth it. IMHO, Johnathon does not teach us to be a Forex trader at all, he teaches us to be a Forex sniper! And I could live with that for the rest of my life. One man’s fate comes from one man’s wait! :wink:

I saw this a little while ago to…good spot. However, the candle is just shy of being “engulfing-enough” for my appetite. If you were to enter, I’d be looking to go short around 92.39 with TP @ 92.28. It is against the trend, so the target area would be the most recent logical swing low. This is only a quick 10 pip CT trade, but, if there’s a false break, and price reverses, your stop would be @ least 40 points away…

It did form near a recent swing high, so shorting is the right play. But, this is one of those tight CT trades. I’d like to go long @ 92. :slight_smile:

Damn

NZD/ pairs are forming some nice engulfing bars.

To bad they are not reversals :frowning:

Hi Bigcheefer

Thanks ever so much for your advice, its much appreciated. It sounds as though I may have entered a little earlier than I should have done (A bit keen!) around 92.47. I have my TP pretty much bang on with yours which I am pleased about. I’ll just have to see how it plays out now.

Thanks again Bigcheefer!!

BA

The pound has been roaring over the last 6 hours too!

Can you share your trade plan for this one?

The bar doesn’t close low enough for me. It will be trading straight back into an area of Daily support at about 92.45

USD/CAD could be an interesting one for discussion. price approaching the bottom of a range that it’s been in since June of this year: -

This level has also been a key turning point on the weekly chart first acting as resistance and then turning support: -

Currently I see no PA to trade from but could provide a good area to hunt in. Your thoughts?

Just wanted to throw something out there…I know we don’t talk about news that much but be aware, FOMC projections are due out today. If you don’t know what that means, read this…if you’d like to:

FOMC Preview, September 2013 - Business Insider
FOREX-Dollar slips ahead of Fed outcome; euro up on strong data | Reuters
Forex: Volatility Seen Ratcheting Higher as Event Risk Crescendo Peaks with FOMC | DailyFX

I know we like to discuss/trade pure PA here, but, I don’t think it would hurt to learn about something else that can impact your open positions.

I do think that not having tunnel vision is a smart thing , when it comes to anything including trading. Great post bigcheefer30.

Eur/Singapore: I see a pin bar at montly chart and a bearish engulfing bar at weekly chart. Am suspecting its time to take a range position short with not more than 5%. Can anybody comment on this? Thanks

i entered this trade yesterday based on the monthly pin bar. i use the PAST system for entry (you can learn about this at forex useful)

Holding breath ! :51:

Hopefully there are going to be nice setups on the daily or at least the markets are going to take a clearer direction !

Hi Edmo,

Monthly pin looks good,
Weekly 2BR looks good too,

You could take either of them,since the levels are the same anyway.

Just one thing, you would require a 400 pip stop from what I can see.
You should bare that in mind.

Well spotted though.

Very best of luck.

Cheers.

I hope there were some people who were able to capitalize in a HUGE way on this news!!!

Usd/Chf final TP hit.

Cheers.

Hi guys, been lurking for a while now :slight_smile:

Just wanted to drop by and say there would be some KILLER signals if everything reversed… :16:

Welcome semmee.

The feds new today sparked a massive rally on gold… Looks like today could close with a massive BUEB, only problem I see is that you would be trading straight into overhead resistance, thoughts on this anyone?

XAUUSD Daily