Forex Price Action

[QUOTE=“Matthgm;536232”]EURAUD Daily

Not had a chance to study this but let me know what you think.

I’ve marked daily support, FTA and potential TP’s[/QUOTE]

Apologies, last post was in a rush as I jumped off a train, do forgot to add chart. Will post it up when I get back tonight, but potential 2 bar reversal forming

Hey Bud…I’m not seeing anything? I see a nice reversal off that 1.42 level, but there are 6 hours left for price to move in this candle.

It looks like a 2 bar reversal, but still has to close like this… Another few hours left yet…

It’s at a pretty good level from what I can see but there is quite a bit of resistance overhead, so I would TP 1 at the FRA which is the top red line.

Thanks,
Adam

EDIT: It seems like a rather strong downward move, but consolidating now, if bears are still in control, it might have a hard job reaching the 1st red line… take caution with this I would say :slight_smile:

Hi Pandex,

I don’t want to sound so rude here, but please restrain of posting any chart and asking about our advice whether you should or should not enter a trade here for now. You will save a lot of your time and energy by reading the first 50 pages (minimum) or 200 pages (recommended) of this thread to solidify your understanding about Price Action first. Believe me, save for weekend, Forex market is always there for you 24/7.

Here is a little hint for your chart: swing high or swing low? Once you’re done reading the absolute minimum pages, you will have already known the answer yourself by then.

Good luck, mate!

I have read the first 100 pages, maybe it’s time to re-read? Swing high/low have you take a look at the daily chart?

100 pages. Excellent, mate! :35:

By now you should have already known the answer then. What do you think? Please tell us, if you are taking the trade, what are the pros and the cons? What about the swings? High or low?

Mate, if you still cannot answer that yourself -or at least try it first before asking the more senior traders here-, then you [B][U]REALLY[/U][/B] need to go back and re-read this thread from the beginning. This time, read more carefully and compile your trade management plan at the same time. Believe me, mate. This thread is a pure gold if you really invest your time and energy here.

I am not taking the trade, my question was if this area would be good to watch out for PA to go short, again there was a pinbar forming this all can change when the 4h/daily closes. Also the resistance here is 97.00 a round number, it is not trending but rather channeling. Like i posted in the picture this is some strong resistance and has held several times in the past days/weeks. So what is your view on this, maybe you could give some cc instead of telling people to re-read/read the first couple pages. So instead of reading all the 1257 pages i have read the first 50-100 as stated in the first post and try to learn with more practice instead of theory, theory is easy, using that theory to execute your trades is another piece of cake, that’s why while i’m at it and reading through the posts i’m also trying to apply the theory to the current market while still learning.

My take, and please correct me

1 all previous in these area were swing low so it is a bad idea to long
2 round number above so bad idea to long
3 bullish bar is too strong so bad idea to short
4 trend is up so bad idea to short

Conclusion stay aside…

Thanks, that’s why i posted it to receive view of other people and why this is or is not a good trade.

1 all previous in these area were swing low so it is a bad idea to long
2 round number above so bad idea to long - agreed
3 bullish bar is too strong so bad idea to short - Agreed bullish bar is strong but as you can see, previously there was a similar bullish bar, and the drop in one day was 2 times as big (idk if it was news related or not)
4 trend is up so bad idea to short - I see no clear trend on the daily, i see it’s “channeling”

thanks for your view.

USDJPY D1 2 bar

USDJPY D2 Pin bar rejecting support

I know on D2 it seems not forming at the swing low, and pin bar supposedly to be close within the previous candle but now this one seems to be over previous candle, by the way it fullfill many requirement of 2 bar as well as pin bar.

I would like to get suggestion from you all~

There’s more like it. I’m giving you the hint at the beginning as you are missing many important ingredients for successful A+ trade setup. Let’s review your post #2 again, shall we?

No mentioning about S/R. No BRN. No hypothesis about trending or ranging. Nothing about swings. We don’t even know whether you are going long or short! Look, I apologize I was being blunt, but if you expect us to give you some feedback, you also need to show us that you’ve done your homework first. My suggestion here is that if you post your chart again, you’d better post them with your opinion first about the possible long/short trade and the list of pros and cons of that trade setup before asking the others about the trade plan. Without any clear trade plan, you imply that you’re only looking for trade signals at the beginning, whether that’s your true intention or not.

Alright, so i’ll post it again.
Like i said i’m pretty new, i have read the first pages and i’m just looking for constructive criticism about analyzing.

Again, there didn’t occur any valid trade signal. My initial question was if this “area” would be a good area to watch out for to go short.

To go short:
Pros/Cons:
2 round number 97.00 marked blue
3 bullish bar is too strong so bad idea to short - bullish bar is strong but as you can see, previously there was a similar bullish bar, and the drop in one day was 2 times as big (idk if it was news related or not) - Marked with a red arrow
4. Pair is not trending, but “channeling” so not trading against the trend

Nice analysis, Shane!

Actually if you are already having doubt at the beginning, then most of the time it is not an A+ trade setup. Not at swing low and not even a valid pinbar? Double jeopardy already. :frowning:

I don’t say it won’t work as even the worst setup may work occasionally, but your edge is much higher if you only take A+ trade setup.

Cheers!

I’m glad you don’t take it the wrong way. Johnathon wants to keep this tread open for those willing to learn, but he strictly forbids this thread becoming a mere thread signal service. So as the catch, any new thread member must show that they really have done their homework here. :57:

Let’s go down to business then. You chart surely shows that the price is clearly channeling, the bulls and the bears are equally strong.

Since we are at swing high now, the best decision is to go short as we have strong resistance ahead, and even more with BRN ahead. We need a decisive bearish PA to go short, as the bullish candle at swing high is rather powerful one.

However, we can look to go long if price decisively breaks through that strong resistance. The blue arrow is our typical scenario before we can look to go long if we have an obvious bullish PA there.

Just beware of the traffic in your left, though. That potentially can give you trouble if you take the trade.

As for the news, we don’t care about that unless it is really REALLY big. We only care about NFP virtually all the time here. That’s where we simply move any open trade to BE or take any profit and switch off our chart. Time for long weekend if you ask me, and that’s only like once a month. :smiley:

Hope that can help, mate!

Thank you, i don’t look for signals i’d rather learn myself and analyze myself then to rely on another person to analyze and just blindly copy their trades. the 4h candle just closed, there was no valid entry setup, the wick is to short for it to be considered a valid pinbar.

Here is the picture;

edit; may i ask what tool you are using to draw the arrows s/r line on the chart?

Nope, definitely not. However, this resistance zone you have marked is also a very important one. I’ll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days as we may have an obvious signal to take the trade there. :wink:

Just remember that PBs are traded as reversals, not continuations.

Oh mine? I use [B]Jing[/B]. Johnathon uses that also all the time:
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42378-forex-price-action-154.html#post358567

On the side note, you can read about it yourself if you continue reading until the page 154. There are reasons why we encourage newbies to read the first 50 - 200 pages, preferably until the end of the thread, so that they can find out about rare gems like this all over the place themselves. :wink:

Ya I know that, otherwise I wouldn’t be stated there “forming at swing low” . =)
But still thanks for the reminder. No offense

None taken- but that candle that looks like a pin is not forming at a swing low on your D2 chart. I’m sorry, I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to say. My bad…