Forex Price Action

Hi Hammadzia.

I think Price Action is a great method to trade currencies and cfd, thanks to its simple signals using naked charts; I use to trade on daily chart so I watch my position one/two times a day and my psychological approach is minimized.

If you want to learn PA features, this thread is good for you; besides, you need to have a valid money management and a trading plan, that you follow strictly; in other words, fx trading is like a job that you have to manage carefully.

Cheers.
Cla

Very well spotted Eternal, you are really taking off!

I saw that too but didn’t mention it because it is not part of FSO. However it is called a fakey setup(there are other names for it too). Just as a reference.

Cheers

It’s a win win Johnathon.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers

It’s an hour before London traders kick in.

Cheer

[QUOTE=“Claus76;546575”]Hi Hammadzia.

I think Price Action is a great method to trade currencies and cfd, thanks to its simple signals using naked charts; I use to trade on daily chart so I watch my position one/two times a day and my psychological approach is minimized.

If you want to learn PA features, this thread is good for you; besides, you need to have a valid money management and a trading plan, that you follow strictly; in other words, fx trading is like a job that you have to manage carefully.

Cheers.
Cla[/QUOTE]

Thanxx again cud u plz tell me how many pips u make monthly on average using price act nd drawdown maximum?

Well you literally made my day with your comment :slight_smile:

Thanks

We have been discussing Usd/Chf weekly pinbar lately, since it is heavily correlated with Eur/Usd it is a good idea too take note of the Daily 2BR on the fibre.

Cheers

dude this is the kind of thread that truly believe that PA is the only realistic edge you can have over the market.
You sound like your after an EA. Your either here to learn or contribute like everyone else.

So get on board or walk the plank.

your choice.

Ok so here’s a setup for you all… go long at 154.00(ish) on the gbp/jpy

1. Strong area of support
  2. with trend
  3. just sit on hands till BIG PA signals us in

and if we zoom in…

People’s thoughts?

the “long here” on the second graph is meant to be representing the golden bar. golden bar always means place to start your fortune.

Hi All
there is a 2 bar Reversal on the eur/gbp daily chart, with the trend and from a very key level I think this A+ or near A+ the best setup I have seen in weeks.
What do you all think?

Regards and happy trading.
Al

Hi Al,

Good level indeed, maybe a bit stronger candle would be more convincing,but that’s not really an issue.
Just a thing or two if you don’t mind me pointing out;
As far as memory serves me ,the second candle of the 2br must close under the first one’s close in order to make it tradable for us.
Moreover you’ll have to watch for 0.8400 which is a minor support here.

That said I think a setup doesn’t appear on a swing high and a good level for no reason.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Cheers

Silver Weekly Pinbar

Looks like a big mover.

Cheers

Thats interesting that one Kasravi ,while it looks a buy on weekly ,it looks a sell,ish on the daily,at 22.257 ish quite a bit of consolidation back in may at that level so maybe keep off :58:

I agree with kav but also think it’s good setup so Ive set a pending at 0.8450 with tp at 0.8380.

There are two main problems with this for me. The first is the size of the pin or the false break. It is pretty small which make me worry, but the bigger worry is the higher highs and the higher lows or in the words the clear and strong recent up-trend this has been in. Now this would not be such a problem is the pin was much bigger, but it makes me wonder if this pin is just others taking a little of their profits on a Friday rather than actually the market reversing because it is so small.

As long as price stays under the resistance this stays in play and can drop to the first level, but whilst that up-trend and higher highs stay in play I will look for longs.

Possibly, but there are other trades to be played before then… and I am looking to play short trades before price moved into that level…

The weekly chart shows this clearly. Price on the weekly chart has formed a BEEB and this BEEB has closed below a key support level. Now that price is under this key level I am actually looking for price to move back into this level and to target short trades on either the daily on intraday charts so I can trade with the new momentum back lower.

On the daily chart you can clearly see price has formed a top and has rolled over as well as breaking through this key level. Now that price has broken this level I am looking to get short and for as long as price stays under it I will stay short.

I agree with you 100% that 154.00 is a very solid support level and if and when price does move into it I will then start looking for long trades, but until then I am watching the key resistance level…

GBPJPY WEEKLY CHART

GBPJPY DAILY CHART

Safe trading,

Johnathon

How long will it take me before I learn to do such analysis :slight_smile:

Thanks for that

depends on the time and will you invest :wink:

After Krugman and lots of members are gone, this thread becomes much more quiet. I occasionally visit either thread, just to see how it goes. I still like the FSO approach, and most of my strategy is based on Johnathon’s teaching, albeit there are some of my personal approach that I know the community considered blasphemous when I discussed it altogether.

Krugman’s thread is a good one, but his approach for Price Action is more general and not too specialized. From the old discussion with Krugman, I can see that he aims for lower win rate with much higher RRR, while here the focus is to aim for higher win rate with not necessarily high RRR. As much as I enjoy the discussion with Krugman, the thread there still has a long way to go. While some people say the discussion here is too restrictive -and personally I agree-, I think it is also a necessary evil so that people will not simply jump at any tempting setup and then merely ask for confirmation to take the trade without developing any good trade habit themselves. :28:

Just my two pipettes.