Forex Price Action

Hi mate! Good to see you here…:smiley:
Yes, good point, am soaking up the info like a sponge and hope to come out with a method that suits me. I’ll be learning/contributing at both threads…

Cheers,
Amy

hey all euraud d1 has reach top of range and come very close to the VBRN of 1.50.

Interesting to see how this goes.

Darth

And AUDCHF D1 still at bottom of range and at KHL though I think these pairs are highly inversely correlated.

Thoughts?

Darth

Hi Darth,

Any thoughts that I have is that the whole market is sky rocketing and any reversal plays
without a ridiculous huge Pa signal is running into the bulls of Pamplona!

Honestly continuation setups were the only way to play it. I am keen that some of the PA signals
do miracles once used as continuation.They payed out big lately.
Unfortunately it’s for FSO members only, and that again explains why most of our fellow friends
been soooo quiet lately.

Cheers

I’m not sure I totally agree. There are opportunities if you keep your eyes peeled.

Here is a really good simple PA play from this week. EUR/NZD H6. Price is in an uptrend, price pulls back and forms a BUEB to go long.

Take this trade as per the rules here and you would have had a really nice winner to add to your account.

I have started looking at continuation setups and yeah they have proved successful so I maybe swayed to consider education again. Thanks for your opinion though.

Darth

Hey BHOPS, that is a real good setup! Do you trade on the MT5?

Quick question, did you draw the line on the daily chart or 6 hour chart?

I think I need to ask my broker for more timeframes ie 6,8+12hr as I seem to miss some nice trades on these.

Thanks dude.

Darth

That level was marked off the Daily. I use RoboForex as my spotting chart as it gives me H4,6,8 & 12 charts.

hmm time to pro-active and get me a spotting broker then though is there a difference in charts between the live and demo accounts?

Thanks for the response.

Darth

Hi - what does FSO stand for?

I would not enter long from that level - prefer to trade with the long term uptrend this pair was in before it got stuck in that range…if possible I would look to enter long from a retrace to 1.45

Forex School Online

Yes I personally have Pepperstone as my broker, just switched over to them. I tend to still use them for spotting my Daily and H4 trades but I also wil hop across to RoboForex for H6, 8, and 12 TF’s which I use purely as a spotting chart.

Always good to probably have 2 lots of MT4 or 5 charting packages on the go.

Hi all,
Thanks for the advice Jonathon and Bruce, re TF’s posted under brettosmate(8). Decided to change screen-name, as you can see. I decided to stick with the daily TF for setups as a first step since reading an article at FSO. Seemed as if destined for me! Lol.

I remember reading sth in this thread about how to draw S/R lines, as in if the shadows should be excluded or not etc… It seems I’ve opened pandora’s box as now I have some questions if anyone wouldn’t mind obliging?

If you consider USDCHF, are your S/R levels indicated similarly as below on the weekly TF?

or as below on the daily?

I figured that since S/R lines are valid as far back as the data I have I should use a weekly or monthly TF to insert the S/R lines as you can’t zoom out far enough on MT4/5 to fit all the data on the window without scrolling, and it’s easier on the eyes. At the same time if the zoom is as above on the daily chart above there appear to be valid S/R lines without having to go back several years. When Jonathon talks about applying S/R on daily TF’s, are people using weekly and monthly TF’s for older data and daily TF for recent data?

Hi Bret,

That’s a core question you find a dozen of invaluable posts compiled on the renewed first page! (go have a look)

In the mean time If you trade anything below the daily you’d mark of from the daily. For weekly charts you’d solely mark off
from that. Now about zooming out, I suggest you do a far zoom to find your KEY level and then mark your recent s/r lines. Sometimes your recent s/r lines are closer than the KEY line you found . In that case you’d go for the most recent once.

You were asking about usd/chf weekly S/R levels, IMO you’d marked it spot on!
refering to 2nd pic)
Hope that helps, as said again the links compiled on the first page are very resourceful and will help you further.

Cheers

Hi Mr.Johnathon & Senior members,
I been following this thread for quite some time & for the 1st time i am posting for this valuable wonderful thread. Attached EURAUD daily chart.Seems rejected in the previous resistance & psychological round number of 1.50. How can we take this trade forward? Your kind advice on this pls.

Hi Muthukumar,

That’s a great level you are looking at and it seems to hold solid.
As you said correctly Price rejected that area and it would be Ideal to have a huge rejection bar on that level.
PA story wise we are in a clear up trend and whilst I’m looking to play a reversal on that pair too, without a clear
and strong signal on the daily or possibly lower TF I’ll be sitting on my hands.

Thanks for sharing your charts.

Cheers

Hi kasravi,

Would you agree with the following scenario then? Just want to be sure I am picking the right value are for this pair…given the rejection of the resistance level, I just see this as a sign that price could now rotate lower into our value area (see red arrows) where we should be looking for reversal PA (see green rectangle) to enter the uptrend. Thanks

Hi Mancamy,

In general you are completely right. But in this particular case if price hits the support line and rotates it would look
to me like a neat range play, nothing wrong with that but it would change my view on market structure.

Either way, since price on that pair loosened up we have minimum noise now, and any signals are warmly welcomed!

Cheers

Thks a lot Mr.Kasravi for your thoughts.