Forex Price Action

Hi,

Usd/SGD daily market structure

As visible on the chart above, prev highs have been breached suggesting an uptrend. However recent highs have been
rejected with a pinbar that could yield a reversal.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

thank you! it helped me understanding it a lot :7:

Hallo Marcus,

Though the BUEB was great, I didnā€™t take it coz the distance between entry and what would have been my FTA (upper marked line) was 22pips [ very small for a D1 trade as per my rules. Note to reader: define in your rules minimum FTA that a trade should satisfy before you take the trade. Go through past trades and decide for yourself what is comfortable for you ].

I havenā€™t seen the article by Mr J but I agree (as per your reference) that room to move into was an issue.

The trade is still in play though (with SL below BUEB). Price may as well test the zone and it may as well hold as second time.

Cheers

Hey Ryan!

Throw up a chart! ( or a link to one ) and we can discuss off that

Cheers

I agree; monetary goals tend to skew our psychology (and can mess with our trading, e.g by leading us to over-trade).

Hereā€™s a great article on why setting of non-monetary goals is much more helpful: Points not Dollars, and Non-Monetary Trading Goals

Cheers

Hey guys,

Looking at the JPY pairs, I see what could be a few setups, the best looking one imo is EJ H6.

Anyone have any opinions on it?

My analysis.

On current trend line
With trend - Strong uptrend
Over 1:1 Risk:Reward - 1st TP 142.740
Solid 2 bar reversal
Higher highs being created, and higher lows

Opinions and criticism very welcome :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Adam

Johnathon teaches that pairs tend to RANGE more they TREND.

Currently for USDSGD D1: resistance is holding and support is holding => the pair is in a range, with price currently at the upper boundary. A false-break pin was formed on Friday last week.

NB: prior to entering the range, price was in an up-swing ( higher highs, higher lows + broke resistance thatā€™s now holding as support ). So it wonā€™t be a surprise to see price continue in the direction it was in earlier (after the range).

Cheers

Hey Adam,

My thoughts:

Pros:

1. Could close as solid 2BR/BUEB at solid pullback area

Cons:

1. Where is your FTA? Looks pretty close to meā€¦
  2. Trendline ??
  3. Arbitrary 1:1 risk:reward ??
  4. MAs + volume indis ??

Hey, thanks for your thoughts :slight_smile:

Yes, a trendline, as this is an uptrend and I can match points, I drew a trendlineā€¦

And yes, one MA and yes, risk:reward, that is how I manage my money, not using a % rule, sorry if you donā€™t like it :confused: And yes, volume also, not really an indi as such, more for confirmation :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Adam

Thatā€™s super dangerous either way and if you think about it, if you are aiming for points or money you are still setting yourself up to over trade.

With both goals instead of just taking what the market gives and taking the trades as they come, your are forcing the market and going into the market with a mindset set of what you have to get. This is very dangerous and does not lead to being in the zone.

Our trading goals need to be around our trading processes and getting all our trading processes right and following our plan and staying disciplined etc Not forcing the market and what may not be there.

Johnathon

Youā€™re going to be in a world of pain when johnathan read this!!!

Agree 100% sensei. Thatā€™s what Iā€™s hoping to highlight.

Cheers

Some of the indices are forming nice BUEBs on the Daily!

++ DAX30
++ DJ30
++ FT100
++ S&P

8+ hours to go; watching this space.

Cheers

Hey everyone. Just wanted to report my monthly result from the last 2 months :smiley:

October was tough, I had a rough time at work which really affect my decision making. So I took a little break after the 2 full loss that Iā€™m going post. Luckily I still end the month with a small profit.

This one went straight to stoploss. Duh.

Bullish pin bar. The price eventually went bull, but it hit my stoploss first.

Big obvious pingulfing bar.

November was a great month. 0 loss. :59: What more can I ask for?

Nice big obvious signals. 3 profis, 1 break even, plus 1 more profit advanced trade I didnā€™t post.

Only had 2 trades this month (Dec). 1 was break even, 1 still hanging around -10 -20 pips.

Hey Dudest!

Which Charts / Broker do you use for these indices?

Best regards

Hi Eignerdaul,

Havenā€™t seen you posting in ages.

Hope trading goes well on your side.

Cheers

Hi Kasravi!

Yeah, IĀ“m really busy since the end of October due to University etc. and so IĀ“m more a dormant partner at the Moment.
Trading is going well . IĀ“m still riding the AUD/CAD weekly trade all the way down. (+ 330 pips at the Moment) :wink:

And what about you?
Everything ok?

Best regards

Thatā€™s great.
Iā€™m fine too, canā€™t complain.

Cheers

Are your still on that October weekly Beeb?
That was a neat play mate. How are you going to play it further? Iā€™m curious to know.

Cheers