Forex Price Action

Yes. I have already taken half of the Position and my further TP´s are:
0.9360 and
0.9200 (final TP)

Regards

Those are good levels to take Tp!
Now, may I suggest something if you don’t mind.
What if price drops to .90 ? What if it drops to .80?

You sure don’t want to lose out on more profits now that you took that trade on such a neat swing high. You want to squeeze it for all it’s worth!
Now here is what I suggest; place a 2 candle level stop loss. And see if price breaches the next support level.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers

Hey eignerDaul!

Broker + charts = AxiTrader

Cheers

Hi friend today i was reading this article The Ultimate Forex Trade Entry ‘Trick’ You Need To Master The Ultimate Forex Trade Entry ‘Trick’ You Need To Master | Learn To Trade Nial Fuller says that if u entring at break out of pin bar u should wait for retrace and use safe stop loss not few pip below the pin. What you says about it…thanks

One of the best threads I’ve seen in any forum.

Good stuff Johnathon.

The anwser is in regards to when you are entering on a re-trace you are trading CT on a lower TF. So you need to know when the momentum has stopped and its not just going to keep going against you. Institutions know there tend to be stops at the end of pins, so gun specifically for them. If you try a retrace on a stop run you will get shot to bits. So trading on a retrace is the same as trading CT on a lower TF. You can do it, its just pretty advanced. The thing that annoys me about articles like the one you posted is that they only give you half the story. If you use a strategy where you enter on a limit 50% inside the pin then you’re going to get caught out, espcially as if you get caught in a stop run and everyone dumps their position then things get nasty very quickly.

Hmm good opinion, I’ve been looking at this for awhile now and notice a trend in commanding PA signals and that the next couple of candles do tend to test the PA signal candle. Its something i’ve been testing live and have won 4/5 trades with it. small results but again I’m new to it. anayway just my 2 pips and sorry Jon for dirtying your thread with this.

Now all repeat after me… “we only take entries at the break of the PA signal candle” :21:

Darth

We don’t take retrace entry for pin bar. Maybe on other system, but not this.

Thanks for your Suggestion!

But please excuse my dumb question:
What exactly do you mean by a 2 candle Level stop loss? Did I miss something in here?^^

Best regards

Ps: Thanks Dudest for answering! :slight_smile:

Hi,

It’s quite an effective way to trail your stop.(dudest mentioned it a few pages ago too)

Basically you’ll leave your stop loss 2 candles behind. That means in your situation for your last Tp you’d leave SL on top of the highest point of your two last candles.

Cheers

GBPUSD on a key support level looking for bullish price action signal.

Thanks soo much :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the daily time frame didn’t give us any price action setups worth trading. I was hoping for a bullish pin bar but it didn’t close high enough. I have been watching this level for a week or two now, disappointed it didn’t produce a price action trade setup.

I feel the same, I nearly placed an entry but my better sense stopped me. You just do not know how the market will react at a certain level so best to wait and see. Be the sniper and just wait for the target to stroll past your sight before you simply pull the trigger.

Darth

Hey all, I’m new to trading the Xmas period but is it me or is the market going sideways a touch with not much momentum or direction? And is this normal?

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Darth

I took positionon GBPUSD on the break out of the pin bar in 4h time frame.
i closed my position at 1.6330 first and second position at break even with target at 1.6400

Hi Darth,

That is indeed the case. However it’s not always like that. In some years you get a momentum pushing right into the holidays,
which of course puts a big smile on your face when you are on that trade!

Just one thing you want to keep in mind; if you have any swing trade open then keep your SL tight, because gaps can be bizarre.

Cheers

One think i was wondering, given there is no vol and we still have to pay the over night swap, there must be a point where its just not worth keeping a trade a for weeks if nothing is going on. Do you ever take the carry into account with these trades?

I ask specifically as i am currently BE on that CAD BUEB form last week and if nothing happens in the next few days, I can’t see me getting out of it until early jan. I dont massively want to pay the swap for 3 weeks while watching paint dry.

Hi,

One question you mention you put a position on the break of the pin bar? Can you elaborate more?

Thanks.

when just break out the high point of the pin bar, use a pending order buy stop type