Forex Price Action

Hi!
Another trade opp I’m looking at: EURNZD is at support
How I see it:
(1) Bullish PA (e.g pinbar) forms at support => will go long
(2) Price conclusively breaks support => will wait for pullback to former support and PA to go short

Cheers

Any suggestion??? i think this is a B SEtup

Hi Willy!

Welcome to the thread!
What setup exactly are you looking to trade on the EURJPY H4?

===

Hi pamboys!

What setup exactly are you referring to? Name it / point it out.

okay so I have read this over and over and I think I now get it.

Basically Yes!

1: Yes. They normally don’t take that long. I have waited for the longest time all year for a trade over the last little while an that wait was 10 days. I normally average 3-8 trades a month and over the previous 4 I had 15 trades.

2: NO. If the trade is not rejecting a good S/R area then the trade is not a good trade. Please remembers this: Price Action is not just reading the very last candle such as the pin bar etc. Price Action is the art of being able to read the whole chart and then pick where price is going.

The level we trade of is a ton more important than the price action signal we are trading. The level gives us the base. All the signal does is confirms that the market agrees and we have a trade to enter.

Johnathon

Hey all here is new article I just finsihed you may like: [B]Make Money Trading Forex Price Action[/B]

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Thanks dudest! You confirmed what I was thinking. I do like where you drew your support line, but I know they are really more of a zone and mine was close enough for me to write that trade off pretty easily.

Though I had pretty much written that one off before I posted it, I like to hear why others would not trade it. Learning why not to trade something just seems so important!

Rob

Hi peeps,

What do you make of this?

dudest,

i’m new in here and everything related with forex/money

but if it isn’t in a swing high/low it shouldn’t be a reverse right ?

but I do have a line at 1.56380 as being an important s&r level

Just noticed it… looks nice, sticks out above all the recent highs, it’s with the short term trend, I’m thinking price will stall at the recent swing low?

What do you think about USD/CAD H1 and H4?

It seems if its gonna break 1.0287 resistance level then it will be bullish.

Hi Jonathan,

Really appreciate your time and kind response. I like your style. I like price action because only price is there where it needs to be…

I am afraid of myself , i quite a rigid kind of person… however i won’t give up…
Ya you are definitely right, the art of price reading… all about art…
hehe

Sorry to disturb you for all these long winded qns.
Kudos to your art and effort…

Its kind of hard to read price, need to practice many more times…
Thanks buddy.

Cheers

i’m long on usd/jpy,
I don’t have the NY charts but on my charts I see a pinbar

See image below, is that bar circled in red what you see?

Looks really small to me, in comparison to nearby bars. Also technically I believe the nose should be 3x the length of the body.

i agree with it.

Hi Dudest,

I’m not too excited about that pin bar as the way I see it is that there are only about 30 pips on the sell order until you it more resistance.

I’m looking at selling from the 1.57123 level if there is a nice PA signal there.

I’m still learning so I could be wrong, but my analysis of this are below.

Positives

1. It’s with the trend
  2. Nice length on the pin bar
  3. pin bar finishes on the bottom 1/3 of the candle.

Negatives

1. It’s at a support level that has just been tested a few hours ago
  2. It pulled thorough the support level and came back to it, but it did not go really far past the level. So I would not classify this as a pullback within the current trend.
  3. It’s right at a big round number 1.5600

Final Trade Rating :
B

Hi Akhor,

I’m cheating since I just checked the chart and the bar after the pin has closed. It (the pinbar) did not break, and now I think the pin no longer stands out as it seemed to earlier this morning.

I had put a sell stop just below the break of the pin, I was planning on taking 1/2 profits and moving stop to break even very early. I’m happy it didn’t break, because just looking back at my plan tells me I knew there was something wrong, and I wasn’t listening to myself!!

The traffic just below to the left should have set off more red flags in my head than it did I think. So in the end I agree with your B assessment. Just looking back at the charts, the good ones really do set themselves apart from even halfway decent looking ones like this.

Hi Guys,

I have been browsing AU H4 earlier today, and came across some pattern i havent seen before.
Evening star? But on the wrong side of the trend…

Hello everyone!
Almost midnight in UK

I’m new to Price Action, generally - new to Forex. I’ve been reading this thread for last few weeks, got to p61 so far and so many pages still ahead of me, couldn’t wait to say at least “hello!” :slight_smile:

Is anyone watching CADCHF? D1?
It’s been in an uptrend with a solid resistance at BRN 9400, let’s wait for a break & pullback and some PA @9400 to go long…

Do you think it will go up & retrace or rather bounce down with some PA within next few days?
I’d prefer up, as there is way too much traffic down IMHO, but who knows…

PS. BIG FAT THANK YOU to Jonathon, Bhops & all other contributors to the thread. 1 Day charts save so much time which can be invested in so many other ways! I hope to catch up with you guys soon and share some trade ideas.

Keep up the good work!

Jonathon, do you offer discounts on your course from time to time? Like Summer Holiday / Xmas period etc?

Fil.

Hope you didn’t take the trade. Just braking a resistance level is not enough, this method is all about having the price action to back you up. You don’t need to catch every pip of a move… be content with the middle 1/3rd if necessary once price has told you the way to trade.

I’m new here though, so I’m ready to be corrected by the legends.

GG