Forex Price Action

I didn’t take it yet, but it will be good IMO.

Edit: But I won’t take it later as well, im in 2 trades now. Thats enough. :slight_smile:

Have you guys heard of Niall Fuller? He has the best content I have see on price action trading. Highly recommend his course very useful when learning FOREX. -

hello dudest,

sorry for my late response… i think that there is 2 resistance zone there… at the first resistence, we found the bearish engulfing bullish pattern.

how do you think with my setup? any suggestion for this trade… thanks

best regards,
willy

Hi peeps.

Some levels I’m watching in a couple of charts:

Cheers!

Radicledog,

thanks! u’r absolutely right. I shouldn’t have taken the trade, i’m on a 10 profit right now but I got lucky. it’s not really a pin bar, going down on the TF it’s easier to see

Hi Cyberbob!

There is not much discussion about morning stars and evening stars in this thread ( hence with respect to Johnathon I’ve marked this post offtopic; though i personally have an interest in them :slight_smile:

IMHO, the setups above is not a (valid) evening star ( wrong location, iffy formation )
( Reference from Babypips school : http://babypips.cachefly.net/school/images/grade2/morning-evening-star.png )

=> Evening star = bearish reversal pattern (formed at swing high )
=> Morning star = bullish reversal pattern ( formed at swing low )

I checked my archives and dug up this (clean) morning star from April this year:

Cheers!

Dude,

GG is right; breaking resistance is not enough. It may happen as you hope but then again it may not; no-one knows what will happen for sure in the future.

Hence why we always need PA at key levels to back us up and INCREASE the ODDS of us having a winning trade.
Less is more (trade less, win more).

Cheers!

Hello Rob! Johnathon’s thread here, not Niall’s :slight_smile: Respect the thread!

Hi Willy,

This is purely my opinion, i could be wrong, I’m also trying to come up with the ‘best’ S/R zone just as you.
I think there are many S/R zones, some more important than others. In the situation as above, when it’s tricky, I prefer to mark the zone off the Daily (higher timeframe), then go down to H4 to look for a trade.

For the BEEB you’ve mentioned, I think whatever selling opportunity it occasioned is already gone ( I would NOT have taken it though!! ). [ My opinion ] I would rather much that price rides higher before looking for shorting PA (chart below)

PS: also remember that when you have to look hard for it (PA), you probably shouldn’t trade it. The best are the big, obvious ones.

PS2: kindly label the pair in question in your charts :), helps for a quicker reply

Cheers!

Thank you for that dudest

Ha ha good trolling mate. Without getting into a pi**ing contest, and having been a member of both communities I can tell you for sure one guy would [I]demolish[/I] the other when it comes to trading ability as well as the ability to put together a really advanced PA course.

(Both have their merits though.)

I am a member of both, and I have no financial interest in either, but they are night and day when it comes to how advanced you want to take your trading. Just my opinion however and as Dudest says this is Johnathon’s thread so maybe we should concentrate on what [I]he[/I] is trying to impart.

If you want to create a thread on Mr Fuller then go for it!

Hi Bryce,

Still interested to know how many pips you get a week trading the daily charts from NZ as described in previous post. Also do you trade certain pairs or you look at all pairs? What about Gold? Ta

Hi,

Currently I’m watching the EUR/GBP for a nice PA signal, then I think it will be a good trade. Right now it’s seeming to be creating a pin bar, but it’s too small of a wick for me… But keep your eyes open I think this has potential in a few hours from now.

Wow, look at what formed in the last 4 hours…

AUD/NZD BEEB H4

• Right off of the pivot S/R zone I drew in there
  • with the trend
  • Obvious, and a bigger bar than those in the area
  • Looks like it has space to move down before getting to that first trouble area if it breaks

is this the A trade I’ve been waiting for?

edit: fixed grammatical error

Hey, for me it’s great.

Hi guys I’m new to this thread and currently working my way through, there is a lot to go through! looking at that aud/nzd there is a large pin on the daily too at a nice level, so would you take the break of the daily pin or the beeb on the 4h? Is it down to personal preference or is the daily a higher probability set up? Thanks guys

Hey, on daily there is too small pullback and if u want to play on daily u should wait until bar will close. This setup is on H4 so u should stay with this time frame.

Ps. half final Portugal - Spain in Football Euro 2012 so I’m disappear now :wink:

Cheers.

Yea I see what you mean about the pullback, thanks and I would wait for the close and play the break on the daily, well any setup I guess. And same here should be a good game tonight!

Nice find on the Aud/Nzd 4hr! Below is how I would rate this trade.

*Note
As always I’m just trying to learn this method so my analysis may not be 100% correct, but it’s how I see the trade in question.

Positives
The Engulfing bar is with the longer term trend
The Engulfing bar is a nice size
The PA signal is occurring at a relative s/r level
The PA signal is a pull back from the current trend
It is not occurring near a big round number

Negatives
The spread on this pair is about 3.5 pips.
The Engulfing bar is 40 pips, but the next area of resistance is 30 pips.

Final analysis
A

However I believe that this would be a A+ trade in Johnathon’s books as he said not to worry about your Risk vs Reward because we will be making 90% successful trades once we are familiar with this method.

Use “The Force” to attract Pips!

hey the AUD NZD beeb looks great…i like it …and i think its great…could radicle dog please go to top of class and collect the apple.

i actually stopped looking at the aud nzd pairs just the other day…as i felt bad paying 2 transaction costs…i mean im a lot of pips down before i start.
but now i can see its worth it for a good set up.

thanks radicledog for bringing me back onto the pairs i gave up…

im gonna trade this one.