Forex Price Action

Yes like bhops says its a tad choppy, interesting one this, if you look on the daily its a 2bar reversal on support at around 0.90295 ,so the opposite to this :33:

Hello everybody, Iā€™m find something interesting for me, I hope maybe someone of you could be interesting also.
itā€™s a downtrend, price was made retracement to the first resistance. Last candle didnā€™t close yet but it probably will be bearish engolfing. If not then dark cloud what is also bearish signal. Iā€™ve got confirmation from volume also. Risk / reward is 2.6 i think.
Iā€™m shorting here. I also want to hear your thinking about this.
I know that this formation might be potencial double botton but risk reward is too good to miss if isnā€™t.
Iā€™m very sorry in advance if I made some fault in writing.

just looking at your chart, price might have a hard time getting through 137.20-30 area, look at the wick of the bearish candle. Another thing you should not be trading candles that has not closed yet. And the last thing ā€œI know that this formation might be potencial double botton butā€¦ā€ so you know it might not workout but you are still trading it?

For me itā€™s enough if bearish candle close under half of real body white candle, and Iā€™m not looking for close in area 137.20-30. Lower shadow is very big and Iā€™m little scared about that, but that one shadow doesnā€™t mean nothing.Two or three shadows mean go out for me. You are right I souldnā€™t be trading candles that has not closed yet, but itā€™s friday and I donā€™t expect some big price moving, but you are right I should have waited for candle close. And last thing, I think that you can never know wich trade will be winner or loser, so for me I donā€™t mind if the price goes against me, only what I may lose is 1% of my account and that is ok for me. In other words if double botton happen itā€™s ok Iā€™m wrong I canā€™t expect to win all what I play. Anyway thanks a lot for your replay.

i was bored and lookin at my charts, and i got a refresher of how strong areas areā€¦i was looking at this GBP/USD daily chart

you see it hit an area then dropped for no real reason, then i went to the monthly chart

kinda amazing how simple forex can be

Iā€™ve been using the monthly and going down to the daily as people here go from daily to 1Hr. Iā€™ll tell you what, itā€™s way more easier for me to differentiate signals and levels as the monthly only gives you few levels of clear Supply and Demand. I can see where I should enter and where I should sit out. My levels arenā€™t even on the daily anymore. Itā€™s been working TREMENDOUSLY well for me thus far.

Right now Iā€™m still on GBPNZD. Been in since 1.99500 Using a monthly level.

The beauty about Forex is , for different personalities there are different style of trading and a good chance of making money . So if the monthly and weekly works for you , great you found your nich.

An interesting idea semmee , and worth checking out.

Anyone monitoring EUR/USD? It opened 50 pips lower from last weekā€™s close (gap). Fortunately it favors my sell position, my question is I think this is very unusual for this pair isnā€™t it? I think I remember reading from this thread that we avoid charts that tend to gap over the weekend, is this pair included or the gap in this pair just a rare occurence? Whatā€™s a good advice when leaving trades on weekends?

Any one else getting the new very annoying advantage advert popup every time they open babypips now.? Or is it just me ,I hope this isnā€™t the way babypips is gona go now ,small thing but its irritating.

It just came on my screen too, i hate when they try to shove thing down your throat .

Hello semmee , I agree with buster48 , in that your approach is quiet interesting . Personally I only view the high TFĀ“s , Month & Weekly , to identify the mean . My job doesnĀ“t allow me to trade during days . Yet I found it difficult to view trade opportunities @ Monthly and therefore would appreciate some of your (historical) examples to " sharpen my eye "ā€¦ Kind regards KB

Ah, workā€¦if only we didnā€™t have to :frowning:

I think Iā€™ve been misunderstood. My approach is literally the same thing as going from the Daily down to the 1HR, just on a larger scale. I trade off of the daily but my S/R lines are off of the monthly and sometimes the weekly. I place S/R lines on the daily when it favors the direction that I see on the monthly. You could perhaps try the weekly?

Sorry couldnā€™t really help you there :frowning:

Full profit hit

How you look like this chart? All support become resistance and opposite! Candle hasnā€™t closed yet but for now it looks like doji on support. What do you think guys? Is it worth for you?

very tiny signal and even if was good your gonna run into massive res. area

It just came on my screen too, i hate when they try to shove thing down your throat . tonyo44 Master Contributor and Member

Quote Originally Posted by buster48 View Post

Any one else getting the new very annoying advantage advert popup every time they open babypips now.? Or is it just me ,I hope this isnā€™t the way babypips is gona go now ,small thing but its irritating.

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently not getting them anymore tony do you think theyā€™re fed up with the complaints.:31:

Guess what buster48, i am not getting them any more either, you might be right they might be getting fed up with the complaints.

I took this trade. Support is now resistance. For me this is very clear situation. Can I hear your thinking?

What type of price action did you use as your signal? Without my own chart in front of me it looks like you have a small doji at the resistance area with low volume after a series of much larger candles. Might go your way but to me there hasnā€™t been any clear price action indicating that the bears have control and we could see a larger penetration of the resistance area after some consolidation which could stop you out before price continues south.