Forex Price Action

Yes I liked this one too but am on a pending sell at 1.09561 so not quite there yet fingers crossed eh trend friend

EUR/GBP massive BEEB on the 4hr at the 8050 s/r mark.

Broke the low pretty much immediately so I took it, slowly taking off so Iā€™ll see how it is in the morning.

yes i closed the short and opened long, but got stopped out at break even.
i was trading GBPCAD though, not GBPNZD

I also took this trade, been watching it since last week waiting for price action on the 1.10000 level.
couldnā€™t have asked for much better imo

Although it is very obvious PA Iā€™m kind of scared of those very large bars.
First, after the big bar there is not much space left between close and next resistance.
Second, it might be some kind of climax and the momentum is gone when it closed.

I would really appreciate it if someone with a bit more knowledge would tell something about those extremly big bars :wink:

Hey,

just checked the charts, was travelling today, but seems like I missed a lot todayā€¦
Donā€™t have much time now, so just posting some setups and would like to hear if someone took the trades or wants to say something about it.

Regards
AUDCHF H4

CHFJPY H4

EURNZD H4

EURCAD Daily (not finished yet)

nice retrace + engulfing bar off the 0.85000 level.

looking to go long on the break of the 1 hour congestion currently being seen.
wish me luck

There is a good chance this will continue up but I personally would like to see a BUEB like that both A) Close above the current levels and B) actually occur at a bigger retrace and proper swing high.

I would also like to see a bigger retrace, so I wonā€™t take it.

EURCAD Daily formed a BEEB

Iā€™m thinking about a pending order at the low of the BEEB. I kinow itā€™s not that big, but itā€™s bigger than the bullish candles and in line with the trend. I would set first TP at lower Resistance which still is 30 pips and another part I would let run with the trendā€¦

By the way, did someone see the BUEB on AUDCAD H4? That was a nice one, itā€™s a pitty that I missed it.

Now that the weekend is coming, I have got another question. Itā€™s about holding over the weekend.
As Iā€™m reading the thread from the beginning, I think Jonathon once wrote that he would hold over the weekend, but isnā€™t that kind of dangerous? I saw some gaps this monday and they wouldnā€™t respect my stop loss, would they?

hi jonathanā€¦ any idea where to get out? im still struggling.

Iā€™ll have a crack at answering this one. Iā€™m assuming youā€™re long but how you got into the trade I have no idea. However your red line looks like an obvious spot to take profit.

thanksā€¦ actually i use some MA s (which i omitted here- its a price action thread) ā€¦ i somewhat manipulated your price action + my something :)it catches very big movesā€¦ it kinda works for me. and i have a question. how many price action trades you guys take on a month? and i want to know how much earned in pipsā€¦ ?(i mean average)

this is the trade i took earlier. and i got out so earlyā€¦ still struggling in defining the tp level. is there any idea on catching a move at least 80%ā€¦ lots of my trades, i catch only 50% or even less. any thoughts will be appreciated. :22:

well one idea that comes to mind is not setting a hard take profit level, and using something like an ATR based trailing stop.

you could do something like close 50% of your trade at 1:1 ratio, and let the remaining 50% run till the stop is hit.

there is many ways to place your trailing stop, really up to yourself which you find most effective.

everything was perfectā€¦ what went wrongā€¦ i dont understandā€¦

just another fine example of why there is no system thats 100% accurate.
i hit break even on this trade also : (

keep in mind the candle hasnā€™t closed yet, still another 4 hours to go.

guys, I wonder why we waiting for the perfect trade or for perfect conditions and so many rules and restrictionsā€¦ cant we go with the flow.?? In this USD CAD trade that is obvious the market went high. why cant we predict that through price action?? or do we need some thing elseā€¦ like moving averages - old time indicatorā€¦ just a thought.

Yea, this appears to be going sour but as Jamie Lyons pointed out, there is still time before it closes. Also, keep in mind that Thetrendsfriend commented about this trade setup being against the overall uptrend when he posted this setup initially.

This is something Iā€™ve been thinking about a lot recently. A trailing stop based on ATR would be good for me. Just now I watched the 200 pip profit on EURNZD wither away and ended up with a breakeven trade. At least itā€™s not a loss, but I do not have any trailing stops in my strategy now, so any win will either get stopped out with break even after a certain point, or when the trade shows certain signs of reversal. This time it didnā€™t. :frowning:

Also a trailing stop somehow both based on ATR and that it would ā€œtightenā€ the trailing stop the closer you get to a profit target would be cool.

its a very strong barā€¦ do u think it turn around? i think it will go further up.