Forex Price Action

watching a trade which we planned and not executed for some reasons/rules and it goes and goes further is the worst pain than a losing trade.

NRTR ATR STOP

this is what your looking for, i personnaly use it with a factor of 2.5 over a 24 period on a 1 hour chart.
hope this helps

one thing is certain, if it does turn around to form a pinbar you can expect a very large move to the down side.

you should really try and wait for candle closes, and base decision on facts rather than conjecture.
not saying you have done that, but based on what you’ve said so far, i got that impression, and felt it would be good thing to point out.

Hello, I´m new here. But i´m so thankful for you guys here and for this thread.
I can feel how PA style is super brutal awesome, it is something for me, I feel it.
I´m learning forex since december 2013, so 8-9 months.
I have one question, and I know, its super individual, but - how long does it take, to be succesfull with this method? How long does it take to you?
Actually a made two real trades, one short winner on NZDUSD from 29.8. and one long loser on CADCHF from 11.9. (yes i know what mistakes i have done) - and I really love it. Trading is great, but i´m looking forward to succes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I don’t think you’ll find long term winners using this method. At least I couldn’t find anyone who could back up claims of success. There are a lot of people who get super excited over a few winning setups , but what counts is the long term. I guess the reason is that there is no real edge in price action. What Mr Fox calls ‘edge on the market’ on the first page of this thread are in reality cherry picked examples to suit his point.

thing to understand about price action though is its the purest indication of movement within the market.
for this reason alone its worth learning to incorperate price action into other forms of analysis as it gives a better picture and understanding of why the market is reacting in certain ways and allows you determine how you will trade it.

price action can be applyed to any strategy and will always be the first indication of a movement.

trading imo isn’t just about which method is best and how long it takes to learn.
the key to being succesfull is about playing the odds.

many people try to find the holy grail system, but don’t pay any attention to money management.
when in reality money management is equally/more important.

the term winning more than your loosing can be applyed in three ways when trading forex.

1. strategy trading - having a high win percentage strategy with average returns/draw downs
  2. money management - Having an average strategy with high returns and low drawdowns
  3. rounded Trader - High Win % strategy with high returns and low drawdowns.

Now consider your question, “how long does it take, to be succesfull with this method”

the real question is, “how long will it take to learn money management”
[U]Once you learn good money management almost any trading system will be succesfull.[/U]

I agree Jamie.

here is what I found interesting from what Mr Burger had to say.

What Mr Fox calls ‘edge on the market’ on the first page of this thread are in reality cherry picked examples to suit his point.

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

When he says that the examples on the front page are cherry picked he is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. Because what if anything gets repeated time and time and time again throughout this thread? It is to to wait and be patient for the very best set-ups to come along and then cherry pick them!

Over trading or not waiting for the best A+ set-ups is what kills most accounts IMHO.

agreed… but I hope it would be a retrace not a big move.

i hope it would be a valid pin bar and the tp is typical PA resistance turned support area.(in daily)

Looks like it got overrun. I guess the signal was too small, compared to the huge bullish bars of the last days…

I would agree with this…pretty small bearish pin compared to very large bullish candles before it. Also, this would be a counter-trend trade if you decided to get in. I hope it goes well for you if you are in it, but IMHO it’s not the A+ trade setup I would want to wait for :32:

Oh, hello friend. Didn’t see you there for a moment. Let me ask you this, Mr. almost valid pinabr: Why, oh why couldn’t you close just 20 pips higher than you did? You are not a valid pinbar because you closed to low, and now I can’t trade you. Next time, I hope you decide to close a bit higher, so that you can be a valid signal. This is on the weekly GBP/USD for those who are interested. Great level but not a technically valid pin.

Hi seniors, i see this nice size BEEB, with trend in EUR/GBP Daily but …
what do you think about this Beeb…??

Hey,
the BEEB is still valid, also the last candle was a small BUEB but didn’t close strong, so I hope the trend is resuming. The Problem is the resistance at around 0,7950, which I unfortunately overlooked…

Hello,
looks like a nice 2BR has formed on GBPCAD Daily. What do you make of it?

Anyone looking at the BUEB on the AUD/JPY Daily?

Thanks thetrendsfriend , and then i see this pin bar… and so i hope the trend is resuming…

You damn right I am LOL.

There’ also a BUEB on AUDNZD Daily. But I think that one is going straight into R. And actually I can’t say what the trend is…

AUDJPY Daily looks definitely better

I’m thinking of setting a pending order… signal is still waiting for confirmation…