Forex Price Action

hello friends… a typical PA trade… fortunately i caught it…

Damn, that one finished 12 pm my time…
But well done msdp82. I guess you entered at the break of the pin high. Where did you take profit?

hi trendisfriend… you are right. i still dont have any idea where to get out… i somewhat banked some pips… probably i wait for a bearish bar to form then i ll get out …

Hey mate,
looks like GBPAUD is still running…are you still in? I guess I would be taking profit at the Resistance(Daily) at approx. 1.8354.

Hey bhops,

I had set a pending order for the BUEB, but I am glad it didn’t get triggered, so could cancel it. Just found out the BUEB went right into/through an important resistance at about 97.23 (blue line in the middle). So the BUEB was more like a breakout, and we don’t trade breakouts, right? It just made me unsure and I thought there would still be better setups this month…
What do you think?

Apologies in advance but I do have to ask, I know we stay away from news here, but we do make exceptions (not trading during US non-farm payrolls being the notable exception)

With the Scottish Referendum results coming out within the next 12 hours, a completely unprecedented event, what’s the consensus for today, should we be staying away from GBP pairs entirely or trusting the price action and if it says trade, trade?

On this one price action is not going to do to much because there is allot of emotion. How ever if you are a long term trader , then you might be OK . Most people will take trades , but it will be after the outcome, this way , you know whats happening better. I will stay out and next week things will be allot clearer.

Yes I think Tony is spot on ,next week should be more stable,though don’t forget the New Zealand elections on Saturday so maybe no over weekend trades left on that one.

But…the pound. the pound is on fire everywhere. This should lead to some interesting thoughts.

That’s right semmee , time for us to keep our wits about us eh.

Some setups formed on GBP pairs this Friday.
GBPCAD Daily

BEEB with nize size
Still room to the next resistance
Not against trend because the pair is ranging
EDIT: Reconsidering I would say this is not selling at a high but in the middle of the range
GBPAUD Daily

Big PB but walking straight into support, same with
GBPCHF Daily

On the GBPNZD Daily there is a PB/BEEB

Problems:
The next support is not far away (about 50 pips) and an uptrend is in progress so it would be a countertrend trade

Still one setup left:
EURGBP Daily

I like the size, I like that it sticks out
What I don’t like, is that not long ago there was a strong trend downwards and the PB didn’t close above my support line…

So the way I see it there hasn’t been any A+ signal on my Dailys (I stick to Daily as Im beginner) since monday and there isn’t now. Please correct me if Im wrong :slight_smile:

Regards

Hi Trends friend,

Thanks for the heads up on those trades. I think the first one, the GBP/CAD may have the most potential. Looks like it will trade back with the downtrend. Where would you put your stop loss? How is the RR on that trade?

Thanks for such a great thread Johnathan and everyone.

Greg.

Hi there,

I like to put my stop loss at the BEEB high plus spread. I guess RR is about 1:1 but i do not care about RR because with many large and obvious PA signals the RR is quite bad, but they are much more certain than small PA signals ( where you would use a smaller stop loss-> better RR)

no trendfrend… stopped out in a big move…lesson learnt… should place stop only upto break even… not grabbing a small piece of cake instead of the whole cake… missed almost 450 pips…:28:

Sry, I do not understand you completely I think. Could you tell me which setup and which pair you are talking about? If there is a lesson to learn I want to hear about it :slight_smile:
By the way I didnt take any trades on the Daily for the last 7 days cause there haven’t been A+. Im sorry if I confused you by posting charts. I just wanted to show that even obvious PA at correct levels can be rubbish (posting is my learning process)

Regards

Hey,
Just saw the BUEB on AUDJPY H4…

Did anyone take it? Now I am glad that I am only taking trades from the Daily at the moment (as J advised for Beginners) 'cause as long as I am looking out for PA now, I never saw such a great signal fail that hard… :open_mouth:
Any explanations why you should not have taken that trade would be appreciated.

Hi Trends friend.

The trend looks bearish to me, so this may be why BUEB signal didn’t work.

EDIT:You wouldn’t be trading short from a swing high. The BEEB on the previous swing high was a good trade.

Best wishes, G

hi trendisfriend…
in this trade i placed the stop loss above BE… around 70 pips… price retraced and again shooted up… this is wat i meant… if i placed the SL in BE… i would have gain more than 500 pips…the trade still running… chek it out… i agree with ur opinion… even great traders might have something other than pure price action… i mean…some sort of indicator… i mean just to confirm certain things…

Hi folks,
Long time no see. Hope everyone is doing fine.
Currently looking at this Setup.
EUR/JPY 8H PB

Best

folks… lets see where it goes…