Forex questions

Good day, is it just me but why is it that any only usd pairs are buying, all other pairs are selling against usd…like all the trades I enter at my levels have been hitting SL of last. Please who else is experiencing this…

I hope you’re trading a demo account. Currently, the USD is strong and the other majors are weak.

So buying USD/JPY and also selling EUR/USD is an example that you’re expecting the USD to be strongest at the expense of the other currency.

No I am trading a real account, before the war…I traded 6 times because I trade mainly on the weekly TF…and I made 4 wins out of 6…all with 1:10 RR but since the war started I have only won two trades out 15…is it the war that’s making usd strong and GBP pairs weak because I lost some GBP trades and even eur trades recently that normally I dont think I would have lost some of the trades

No I am trading a real account, before the war…I traded 6 times because I trade mainly on the weekly TF…and I made 4 wins out of 6…all with 1:10 RR but since the war started I have only won two trades out 15…is it the war that’s making usd strong and GBP pairs weak because I lost some GBP trades and even eur trades recently that normally I dont think I would have lost some of the trades

I find its very helpful to check all the 28 main pair charts and total up how many times each of the 8 currencies is in a bullish or bearish state today. then, if I see a good buying opportunity on one chart but the other 6 are bearish for that same base currency (the first one in the pair title) I will usually stay out.

Tanx man…this is very helpful

Basically yes ,basic Forex knowledge USa dollar safe haven currency ,GBP not radically weak but last week there was negative economic forecast s

1 Like

Thanks for the info man

1 Like

I’ve got to say its also helpful to look back over the last 12 months and see how a currency has been performing against the other major currencies. You can use the 200EMA across this period as a reference. Likewise you could use the 50EMA as a reference across the last 3mths.

If price is on the wrong side of these it doesn’t mean you can’t trade it but it raises the risks.

Alright man…please can I use any setting for both the 200 and 50 ema

Yes. I was talking about the daily charts but the same technique would be equally useful across other time-frames.

Okay man…I use the weekly tho but thank you very much for this