Forex top traders earning millions?

Yes i’m not happy with the 3rd entry i did! have to standardise going 3 times or just doing only the first trade. mmh. now it’s a bit of a rollercoaster… but we are in 3 times…

had to let it go… just 1 trade left open. you are right. more profit in between entries is needed. damn. really spicky. now i have to wait up until 162.5. E 2500. Then 4x500 in broker acc, 1x500 to try next move. else 10% of money (1x trading acc) = in toilet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’re taking on losses, keep trading but reduce the trades to the smallest amount possible.

Also, review your losses and figure out what patterns exist in your losses.

i’m doing atm! :wink: its going down to 145. then up to 162.5

It’s not impossible mate okay but you do need bank to be able to make decent money

We will see what happens next, but you are a very good trader.

Just a generalisation, but in private retail trading there is too much emphasis on a binary outcome - you either make millions or you go broke.

According to this attitude, going broke is definitely failure but so is not making millions. This attitude is simplistic and drives traders into incorrect thought patterns and negative choices.

Traders, just keep in mind that if you have started a business and you are not as rich as Jeff Bezos, that does not make you a failure: what makes you a failure is thinking that trading can make you as rich as Jeff Bezos.

3 Likes

Jup… learned a lesson. went broke on this ‘break’ of gbpjpy.
well. i see a few things i now have changed:

1. adding more trades does not help.
  2. trying to hit a 100’s pips profit just risking a few pips is hard…
    and 3) too much time is wasted… waiting or trying to hit a high target and…
  3. 8x failure… maybe 1 big winner is not productive for the positive mind.

a small little step approach is more workable. (scalping)

from 8 o clock am (gmt+1) i do work till 14. then US session starts at 1430/1500.
then i will try to do 20 pips (like 20 pips challenge). max 1 entry each day. end of trading session before dinner at 18 o’ clock. :slight_smile: maybe 50% of days i will execute one single trade.
(10 times each month). by 80% win ratio: 2 x -20 + 8 x 20 = 60 pips month.
the trade will be closed by EA before high spread period if no hit of TP of SL.

risking 15% (0.1 lots / E 100) 50% broker acc equity in trading acc, 50% bank acc.

by doing 100 pips each 2 months: 1,15 ^ 5 = 2,0.

i dont like the stress of trades open during work… my capital at risk when i’m not able to watch the market.

‘slow grow’ is better attitude then dead or alive gambling.

still… trading can make u rich. i met people… rich because of trading, but it’s a 0.1 procenter game.

1 Like

2nd attack on resistance triangle gbpjpy … I think it will break… still only doing 20 pips trades. makes me feel more relaxed.

I see I need more ‘error’ marge. will lower the lotsratio…
Back at E 30 … better days will come :slight_smile:

i can only feel for 145. 20 pips is too little…

we need big swings. minor losses. 50% broker acc. 50% bank acc.
now just wait…

Quant trading is quite hard to learn as it is knowledge intensive field of finance. You’re unlikely to find support here on questions related to this topic and university degree is a must to enter into this career. Better to concentrate on trading those assets and compete in the markets where there is lower pressure like crypto or exotic fx pairs.

jup. and another close out. but i think it’s the only way… to help my trading. (do have university degree) i think best traders do work at home.

SELL @ 152
TP @ 145
BUY @ 145
TP @ 162.50

made a brand new robot to semi automate the trading during my personal trading session doing the 20 pips thing. otherwise… it wont work…

very happy with the result! now i need stats…

1 Like

stats are bad… dead end until now.

only potential for semi long term trading… (see below)

OR BREAK!?

break… up