Forex Trading Beginner Question

I have a quick question. I am new to Forex. But for the trading technique I want to use to trade is Price Action. I was wondering how I should go about doing that? Should I be going through the School of Pipology to learn about Forex first, like candlesticks, fundamental / technical analysis, indicators, trading patterns, trends, etc before diving into Price Action? Where could I look for a Forex Mentor with a good and reputable track record. Lastly would you say a beginner should join a Prop Firm or wait until I am more experienced before joining.

Thanks.

So you are new to Forex.
And you want to learn price action trading.
Where on earth did you get the idea that price action trading forex is good for a beginner?
And you are wondering if you should try to join a prop firm.
As a beginner don’t try to join a prop firm. To join you are required to purchase a practical evaluation examination. To pass you may need to pass either one or two practical exam stages. These require you to show consistent profit to reach a profit target of about 6% with a trailing drawdown of approximately 4%.

Next, I would suggest for your learning journey to do extensive research about numerous courses. Including Internet based courses, books, free internet courses and paid ones. In doing research try to learn who created the course and what is their professional trading experience? Is what they teach used by only retail traders or are the techniques they teach used by large institutional investors?

Lastly, before you even trade any real money, make sure you have tested all your learning on simulated trading accounts.

By the way, as well as forex, there are many other financial markets you can consider. The only reason people say forex is the best market is because of liquidity. But there is more than enough liquidity in other markets too. So much liquidity that large banks and investors trade other markets as well. Most of the other markets available have benefits far exceeding the benefit of liquidity in forex. Forex is traded using a decentralized network system. Many other markets are traded through a centralized exchange system which provides the benefit of transparency and additional price and order data is available. Forex you can not see the buy and sell orders and volume being traded. Other markets you can see the buy and sell orders and volume being traded. So if you want to trade price action, forex obviously is a bad choice because you can see the volume of buyers vs volume of sellers.

In finishing, I wish you all the best with your choice to learn trading.

1 Like

Thank You for the reply. On the price action note, I was doing some research and found out about price action trading in forex and then kept reading more about it. But if I am not mistaken, price action should be a base aided by technical analysis tools and other right?

Sorry, when it comes to “price action” I’m very skeptical.
Market mechanics tells us that price is driven by supply and demand. Volume of buyers vs volume of sellers. So in my opinion price action has to look at the order book data of the volume of buyers vs sellers.
Sooner or later someone else may provide other more conventional retail trading view on “price action”

As a guide to what I’m suggesting, you can look up videos on order flow trading.

Helloooo! :blush: Welcome welcooome! :smiley: I think, regardless of what system or strategy you’d wanna use, going through the school to start learning is always a good idea. :blush: As for price action, there are quite a good number of people here who use this for their trading and dushimes has listed some helpful threads in this post. :blush:

As for prop trading :thinking: I would personally suggest that you learn more about trading first before joining one. :thinking: If you don’t mind, how were you introduced to prop firms? :blush:

Hi and welcome :slightly_smiling_face: why someone should be your mentor?

Hmm. Interesting, I will check that out. Thanks.

Thank You for the reply Ria, I will check that out. Thanks.

I am in a group chat for something else. And one day I asked if anyone did Forex trading and this one person told me about prop firms and then I started doing some research on them. Also I’ve also seen them on Instagram in FX trader’s bios and such.

1 Like

Oooh. That makes sense. :blush: I feel like I’ve seen quite a few ads and accounts on different social media. :sweat_smile: But if you ever decide to push through with them and if you have any questions along the way, I think some members here also have experience with prop firms. :blush:

1 Like

Welcome sammy! You need to understand the basics of forex trading. The School of Pipology can help you with that.

1 Like