Forex vs pennystock

Hello all,

I am a real estate investor and want to try something else… I would like to know if any of you had a chance to trade pennystock. If you did, what are the pro’s and con’s versus forex. Since you are on this site, i supposed you chose forex but shy?

Also, I tried to read everything on forex and one thing that seems to lack is results from real people… How much do YOU make trading forex? How much did you make this week… it seems that for stock, everybody is willing to post result but not for forex…

thanks

Hi

I trade stocks and CFDs (in Aus) and have also traded CFDs in the US.
I was looking for something else to do as well and here I am.
This is only my opinion:
Penny stocks cant be shorted so you cant make money on them falling in a crappy market such as now- Forex you can always short.
(australia put a ban on short selling for about 6 weeks traders were not happy
Neither was I as I have a good shorting system that "killed a pig "in backtesting over the banned period,too bad)
Forex is much more liquid than penny stocks-when trading this is important.
I believe penny stocks or “penny dreadfuls” are bit of a hit and hope they are worth that much for a reason.
Forex is a much better option having a ‘system’ will give you confidence and the ability to “strategy test”.
What would be your criteria for buying penny stocks?You like the look of them? Can you system test that?

Just my 2 cents worth.:slight_smile:
Dave

Seriously people I don�t know what are you talking about, pennystock? I can guess that is something like micro accounts in fx? Ok please tell me about it, because I love forex.

Hi Bpistfor

And you should love Forex. Penny stocks aren’t worth the effort of an explanation.:slight_smile:

Dave

ah – i could indeed write a book !

as a transplanted penny stock trader, moderator, teacher and manager of others portfolios gather up close and listen !

penny stocks offer a TREMENDOUS income prospect, IF you comprehend that the pennies are the MOST MANIPULATED trading vehicle in the world. IF YOU LEARN THE RULES OF THE GAME and follow them completely, its very simple to get into the game and succeed !

they work this way — a deep pockets trader (or group, including many many of the penny stock sites) will slowly start buying a stock that appears to be bottomed, ever so slowly stoping the downside move. They will do this slowly, over a matter of a few days, and then ANNOUNCE to all the sites that this stock is READY to run. (REMEMBER – they are already HEAVILY in at the lowest price possible !)

between their now HEAVY BUYING and the influx of newly interested traders, the stock moves up, and the deep pocket traders help by buying at points of resistance which moves it up faster and faster as more and more people see and want to partake of the action !

on the first day, the stock will most likely close at its high, opening the second day with more gains UNTIL the NOON reversal area where it takes its FIRST retrace, but will also close at a new high during the afternoon session after the 2pm reversal !

Now we come to day 3, and lo and behold our little amazing head turner GAPS UP at the open, and this is where all hell breaks loose !

Now that it gapped, it waits till about 10 and the deep pockets GET OUT FOREVER, and then the stock wavers and DROPS like the proverbial, and the market makers MAKE BACK all the money they lost by SHORTING the downside, as people panic and sell their shares for anything the market makers will offer !

to understand the rest, one has to understand how the mms make money on the short side, which is another story in and of itself !

If you follow the rules, ride it to either the second day close or at least get out really fast on the gap day, you can make out very nicely, but WOE be to the ones who HOLD past that gap, for they shall spend the rest of their lives looking at a worthless holding, whose price has dropped beyond any worth.

all during the previous activity, scores of people are on the internet “pumping” these stocks, and as people see the sudden movement, they hop on the train, adding their money and more momentum to the news ---- of course, comes the appropriate times when “deep pockets” SELLS, the world ends for those not smart enough to understand the game (which happens in forex also, btw) — this becomes the DUMP portion of the program, and hence the expression “pump and dump” !

NOW comes the dangerous part, because SOME pennies can be played for a week or more, although the end game is always the same ! But as a pretty simple rule, if one gets out on the third day and NEVER looks back, even if the stock continues to rise, you will always be ahead — like any other trading, its greed that will ruin you in the end, so avoid that greed, take profit when youve got a decent amount, and leave the weeping and knashing of teeth to the others, not so fortunate to be “in the know !”

its a game thats played (like forex, btw) at specific times of the day and in a very orchestrated manner for those who have studied it, and can produce VERY large amounts of profit for very small amounts of input, BUT it does NOT have the trending abilities of forex, which can be plotted over a short OR long time period and is the very reason Ive been a forex trader after successfully trading pennies, for a number of years now.

In my mind, forex is simpler and easier and allows you to play both short and long, which cannot be done with pennies in the USA legally by other than market makers !

It tends to be more honest in that we KNOW the banks will move the price from one side of the LRC to the other, although we dont always know WHEN, which is why taking profit at the midline of the LRC, as was suggested way back there, is a truly good way to make profit !

enjoy and trade well

mp

[B][I]Within the great hall at Elfinore stands a wondrous coffer, precisely four cubits square and securely latched against the outside world. Inside that repository, shut away from impertinent eyes, abides many an intriquing trading secret garnered from around the world and over the ages !

As a child, i used to watch from the darkness as the secrets were debated and annotated by the elders. No one there held a single thought of my presence – BUT I KNOW WHERE THEY HID THE KEY !![/I][/B]

Hi there, I just googled about Pennystocks and boy let me tell you I didn’t understand a thing. Would you mind telling, not being so detailed because I know you got things to do, about the Pennystock business? Thanks in advance.

if youre asking me that question reggie, i couldnt possibly tell you what comes before what i wrote, but what i wrote is the WHOLE truth of the penny market, and if followed, you should not lose.

to try to give you the basics WOULD require a book, and thats the last thing in the world im interested in doing – sorry !

but if youre doing forex you can EASILY forget the penny market — forex is simpler !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Besides being simpler Forex is less risky I think, with pennystock you�ll always be incurring in the danger of thinly traded stocks.

OK – LAST thing

penny stocks are the MOST manipulated of all trading medium, and if you are NOT aware of how they are traded, you will simply lose your shirt.

when they are good, they are very very good, and when they are bad theyre a crack ***** !

always is used a technique called “pump and dump”, where the stock is “pumped” (touted) and when the price moves up because of that touting, the people who originally pumped it, now “dump” (sell) it, which now causes the stock to go WAYYYYYYYYYY DOWN !

if you dont get out of the trade during the good times, you will suffer with it forever, at a more than useless price !

VERY DANGEROUS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING, at which time it can be extremely profitable !

Forex is more easily traded, but has its own rules and culture that has to be learned before one becomes a “player”, but because of the trending nature of the medium, it is probably less dangerous than pennys that are not traded correctly.

mp

I think each one can be good or bad and it is completely depend on knowledge about the stocks or Forex so I suggest for better understanding you need to read ASX stock market news regularly so that you can understand the daily ongoing in market.