[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

Update on EUR/GBP trade from last week:

Trade held nicely on the weekend, even jumped up a few pips. Currently sitting at +196.4 pips.

See chart below.

cool man… my current pending trade is

EUR/GBP + 51 pips
USD/CAD +14 pips
EURCHF - 2 pips

Hope for the best for this week!!!

Me too! I think adding the GannHiLo will have reduced the frequency of trades we take; however that should also increase the win/loss ratio if things go the way we see it :slight_smile:

Hoep you had a nice weekend

Will be closely watching this setup on the EURJPY. Far from cross our GannHiLo so this will just be something kept an eye on to see the validity of our new approach.

Our EURGBP trade from Oct14th closed out today as there was a retrace while I slept. We’d already locked in a nice number of pips. Came out with a TP of +129.9pips at 0.91700.

The trade worked out quite nicely. One more win for the books, now lets see if we can get out fo the minus from last weeks confuffle :stuck_out_tongue:

As important as it is to know when to TAKE a trade, I think it’s important to know when not to. Please see the attachment.

The EURUSD had a cross, direction down. Indicating a short entry. However still well above the GannHiLo we do not take the trade when we saw the cross.

As time passes we see PA would have gone against us (-50pips). Good save!

I’ve still followed the system throughout this week. There have been many fakeouts for losses going by just the cross of the MAs. take for example the EURJPY cross on the 20th and USDJPY on the 20th also.

I think modifying the system again to wait for the GannHiLo cross weeds these out. A cross of the GHL in the direction of the MAs seems to be profitable. FAR less trading opportunities but ones that make excellent pips.

Will keep you posted.

EDIT: I’ll be watching the EURAUD for possible entry soon, hopefully in the coming days to test the new strategy. The current chart is attached.

ya, u r right… the Gann Hilo did save us a lot of fakeouts… i just go through the daily chart still not much signal yet… my pending EURCHF still going at +48 pips and my pending USDCAD still negative at -40 pips.

Hey guys,

No one using this system anymore ?

It’s seems a good system.

Thank you all.

Cheers,

No one trading this system any more??

After been studying the chats for a while it actually looks promising still…

The once that used Gann HiLo, which setup did you use on this??

Is Gann HiLo a custom indicator?

yep, Google it, or search the forum.

Thank you, I located it.

Hi Jado, Are you still using this system? If so how is it going?

not the same one, I use a similar one consist primarily from gann hilo +macd ma’s on 4hr plus some filters, and I made it into an EA. i think vpipper is using it a near copy of it on the thread simple and powerful.
my results are very decent :wink:

Hi Jado, Would you mind posting the EA? What pairs do you use? Thanks in advance! :cool:

sry buddy.
your best bet is to use the system I mentioned

I just joined this forum and have read this thread from start to finish. I coded a custom indicator that puts 2 Linear Weighted MAs on the MACD. However, I tried attaching to this post, and I’m getting an ‘invalid file’ error.

Perhaps this is because this is my first post?

Also, I coded up an EA that trades strictly according to the rules and does a pure Stop And Reverse every time the MAs cross so I could backtest the system over several months of data. From this, I have made a few observations:

1. When a BUY signal is issued and the MACD is below 0, there is a high likelihood of failure or hitting the stop. The same is true if a SELL signal is issued and the MACD is above 0.

2. Using support and resistance and the risk/reward ratio turns out to be a very good filter. The SHI Channel attached in an earlier post, is useful here. Basically, when price is BELOW the 50% line and there’s a BUY signal, that’s a good time to buy. Conversely, when price is ABOVE the 50% line and there’s a SELL signal, that’s a good time to sell.

3. For setting stops, the Average True Range(14)*2 seems to be a pretty good location. ATR is a measure of volatility. So, for example, if the daily ATR is 0.0155 when you get your signal, then set your initial stop at +/-0.0310. And then, every time the price moves 1 ATR in your favor, adjust your stop accordingly.

Is it a good location because it is rarely hit? Would your chance of success increase if your initial entry was between 1 ATR and 2 ATR away your original signal entry point?

Would using the weekly open as a filter help?