[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

First of all you will need a free extractor on your computer such as winzip or win rar. There is a post on this thread with a link to the free extractor and instructions on how to extract and load onto metatrader. Once you have done it a few times it becomes quite easy.

I’m sorry I don’t remember what page it is on. If you want to learn the system I would encourage you to start at the beginning and read thru the thread and you will find the page with the instructions.

P.S. I did google and find a link to the free extractor:

download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

If the link doesn’t work you may need to copy and paste the link into your web browser.

Good luck!:slight_smile:

Here’s the template you’ll need to install on your MT4 folders. I’ve attached a zip file which you extract and move the contents of into the templates folder.

There is one file in there called ‘daily crossover system.tpl’.

Copy this file, and paste it into the ‘templates’ folder where your MT4 is installed. Once it’s in there just restart your MT4 client and open a new chart. Right click, go to template, and select ‘daily crossover system’.

Done :slight_smile:

Oh, this is the original template from earlier. Our charts posted may have the different colors because we’ve gone into the chart properties and adjusted things to suit how we like to see the charts. Everything else in terms of indicators and such are the same.

daily crossover system.zip (629 Bytes)

Hi soul, Thanks for pitching in to help. I posted a link to the winrar and got my hand slapped by admin. I need to post about 10 more times so I will not be a newbie any longer:rolleyes:

ty both - finally have worked it out except not quite right i dont think - the only way i can access it on is by charts - template - load template - then it is an awful grey colour that i have to change - is there any way to save the new colour i choose - also is there anyway to move it to the indicator list on navigator

appreciate your help

sorry to be a pain in the ass !!!

ok have now worked out how to put it permanently in the templates folder and change the colour - any advice on moving it to the indicator list would be great

thx again

how about the AUD / USD - SELL

has just crossed on the macd but is against the trend ?

im on alpari uk time and its the friday candle im looking at

I think because it is a template you cannot save it as an indicator

In my opinion it is best to have a template anyway. One suggestion you may not be aware of yet is that most of us have changed the MACD settings form 1,4 to 2,8

yes i have been experimenting with 2 8 and 1 4 ma. but the 2 8 seem to delay the signal slightly ?

I think with the 2,8 you may enter a trade a bit later but it helps reduce false signals and the whipshaw effect

Yes, though it helps to weed out some of the fakeouts. Past week MasterIllegal and I also added GannHiLo to help with filtering trades. Two 200 pip losses would have been avoided so it’s worth a try.

And winalot2 is correct, the template can’t be an indicator, it’s more of a way to quickly change a new chart to a set style which will include multiple indicators (e.g. GannHiLo/MACD/MAs etc.) If you’d like to tailor the look to how you like it, go into the chart properties and make all your adjustments. Then right click–>template-> and select the option to save as; enter a new name and voila your customized template.

Hope that helps.

As to the trade you suggested, I feel scared thinking about entering a trade close to the market closes and such because there could be gaps on the opening.

Hi guys, I am realizing that I personally need to go back thru babypips school again. I am taking the extra time to learn more about how to read and understand raw charts. By raw charts I mean just studying the types of candles, live price action movements and learning how to apply S&R lines and maybe a few trend lines. Indicators are great tools but, I believe I will never have a true understanding of what all is happening if I don’t have a solid foundation of the basics. Almost all indicators with the possible exception of fibbonoci are all showing what has already happened and some lag so far behind the true picture of the present as to actually do more harm than good.

Just my two cents worth.:confused:

Most definately! I personally went through the reading twice even before I opened a demo account for any trading. Noone should trade with indicators or trade at all in fact if they don’t know what is going on. Refining charting skills are always a plus!

If you’re looking for good reading on support and resistance lines I have a few links and articles I’d be happy to send you. Just send me a P.M and I can send them to you (don’t know whether posted links will get erased from my post :p)

Hi soul, Thanks for the feedback. You could post the url’s to the articles but kill the actual link. Then I can copy and paste into my browser

Here’s two resources I have off the top of my head; as I remember the others or find the pdf’s on my hard-drive I’ll attach them to this post.

1. The BabyPips school of course
  2. Free Forex Education | Learn Forex Trading with Forex4Noobs (Check the blog and articles there plus a live trading room for free you can log into)

As aformentioned when I remember the others I’ll add them here but it’s something to get started on.

Thanks, soul:D

You are a big help. I will check out the resources.

hi all - anyone have the gann hi low indicator

Here you go!

###Gann_HiLo_Activator_v2###.zip (1.87 KB)

When I get back from work this evening the markets will have opened. I’ll post an update on the EURGBP 0.1 lot trade held over the weekend. The trade was opened on the 14th of OCT and running now at +190.9pips. We’ll see if any gaping occurs.

It also looks like I missed the cross on the USDCAD and will just watch how it progresses to see if late entries are still valid and by how much. We are still below the GannHiLo on this one so it’ll be interesting to see how it moves.

Happy trading!

thanks for the gann hi lo indicator soul786 much appreciated.

how are you all using the gann hi lo to filter bad trades - can see the general idea that when it is above the candles prices genarally falling and when below genarally rising but how is it best used

As far as I’ve analyzed, if the candle is crossing the GannHiLo indicator in the direction of the cross of MAs then it’s a good trade. If we’re still below/above without a touch then no trade. Still have to backtest and see whether a candle’s shadow only counts as a cross or whether it should be the real body of the candle. Will get back to this thread on that.