[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

Found my new entry indicators - candle formations! :smiley:

That’s a whole other thread though. At the moment I’m focusing on bullish/bearish engulfing candles, like the bullish candle on USD/JPY (daily) that engulfed the previous day.

There are a bunch of others though… so much to learn about :o

todays triggers

long USDCAD, AUDUSD

USDCAD - I’m waiting for confirmation on that one
AUDUSD - Waiting to short that one :eek:

Currently watching/waiting:

AUD/USD sell
USD/CAD buy
EUR/GBP sell
EUR/JPY sell
GBP/JPY sell
NZD/JPY sell

Hello Roundrock :slight_smile:

I see you are also trading this method :), been trading this quietly for a while and results have been fair so far, better if i could monitor them better :slight_smile:

Saw a long signal on EUR/CAD and got in(traded against the channel on this, but i took my profits early), which i entered also have my eye on the GBP/JPY AND EUR/JPY for a sell :wink:

My real problem with this method is that you need to enter at the close of a candle… But when is that? That depends on your broker.

If 10 different people use 10 different brokers, they may have 10 totally different trades, and 10 totally different results.

When do you enter a trade? I enter at midnight, but person A will enter at 3am, person B will anter at 5am, person C will enter at noon…

We’re all working with the same price movements, but entering at totally different times, because those are the rules of the system.

you are right !!! but most of the brokers close the shop more or less same time. mine closes at GMT+1. but for same person everyday he checks/enters at same time, so it doesnt matter much

also i dont place order at market value even when there is a clear c/o. i enter at 15 pips discount. sometimes i miss but most of times i get it at that discount

my list is not tallying with yours. i am following the original system as it is

hi nixie, good to see you here. are you following the original template or made any tweaks ?

Hey :slight_smile:

I initiatially used the original system as it was and got badly burned!!, possibly my fault on that… can’t remember! end result is i now trade with some tweaks suggested in the later pages…

I added the tunnel, indicator and the stoch. I find the best signals are when you enter when the cross occurs also on the stoch, and even better when its in the direction of the tunnel!

This morning i got in on the eur/cad on a buy, but the tunnel was bearish, it went up about 16 - 25pips till the middle point of the tunnel and fell, i had already moved my sl to cash in 3pips.

When i checked this morning only had two pairs on my watch list, will post them when i get home.

What about you roundrock, how are you trading this method?

This is pretty much how I’m trading now. The move has to be in the direction of the tunnel and stoch has to be heading in the same direction from overbought/oversold.

I don’t take trades in the middle of the tunnel anymore just bounces from the outer trend lines. Most of my losers have been from the middle of the tunnel and stochastics in the middle as well

For confirmation I use price action candle formations, the stochastic crossovers are very similar to the original system but with the WMAs changed to 2,8 instead of 1,4.

My mian problem has been getiting in too early so I now wait for confirmation candles like bullish/bearish engulfing etc. This means missing the very beginning of the move but I prefer to take the meat of it still after it’s confirmed that the move actually is happening.

I put trades on early GMT - about 6-8 depending on when I’m up and what time I have to leave for work.

Hi ddinov,

I trade very similar to you, except i sometimes enter trades against the channel, with the a reduced tp in mind, as well as i place my trades between 6-7.45am gmt, i have to leave for work at 7.45! I trade on the daily chart, :slight_smile: how long have you been trading this method ddinov?

What broker are you guys using, and when does the new candle appear on the daily chart for you?

Hi Ati, i won’t be able to tell you when the new candle forms as am not at home, and i generally don’t enter the trade when the candle closes, simple when i see the cross on both the stoch and on the macd, as well as if the cross happens in the over bought or over sold regions or nearby.

i have 2 demo accounts and one live, each with a different broker, the one i use that has this system templates is ibfx, can’t tell you when the new candle forms, but i do know its not on gmt time!! , will post when i get home.

I see. So you’re entering any time after the cross, whenever you get home, or wake up (if all conditions are met). Are you having good results this way?

can you point me to where i can download these settings ? the tunnel, indicator and stoch settings

My main times of entry is between 6-7.45am gmt, and yes, all my conditions have to meet between this time for me to enter, i rarely enter at any other times, but like this morning, i had two pairs on my watch list, can’t remember what they are, but i wrote them down in my little notepad at home!.. anyway, should these pairs meet all my conditions for entry when i get home tonight, then i will enter, if they already have crossed and have done a few good pips already, then i have missed the boat!

I haven’t been trading this system consistently, but so far, the results have been better for me personallly with a few conditions suggested later on in the thread instead of the original method.

I’d say in another 3months will be able to answer your question on how well this system has treated me!, but for now, so far its fair :slight_smile: I think ddinov has been trading this system much longer so, best to ask what they think.

Are you just starting to trade this?

Hi Round rock, if you go to page 50 of this thread, ddinov posted the link to it, just click on it and it will direct you to the page for you to get the tunnel indicator, between pages 49-55 i think they talk about the additional conditions i talked about, so you could try the old system rules and the new rules and see how you do

the stoch settings is just the standard settings that you get on mt4, will be great to see how we all do!!! :slight_smile: am determined my millions with forex!

I’m experimenting with the system. I’ve been following it for a few days. Weeks actually, but I’ve only recently started “documenting” my trades with the system. Right now I’m entering trades that I would not normally enter, but had the cross. I’m writing small notes so I can later decide which trades to enter, and which not. At this point, even losing trades are useful, so I can try to avoid them in the future. I’m only using the original method. I might add the extra indicators, and see how they improve the trades.

Sounds like we trade at the same time of day - not long after the London and EU open. I don’t want to be one of those people who stay up all night or get up at 5 am - kinda defeats the whole object of why I’m in this in the first place :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been trading this system for a couple of months now on demo and live for the last 2 weeks but not with the original indicator anymore.

I’m demoing with pure price action now which is more the direction I’m headed - less indicators and more seeing what price is doing.

Sometimes I even go against the channel indicator if I think the general trend looks like it’s in a different direction, I’m even thinking of getitng rid of it and drawing trend lines/channels manually

I have demo and live accounts with GFT and One Financial, trading live with One financial at the moment because of the dependance on MT4 - but that’s changing. Keeping GFT for their platform, news feed, pip/margin calculators and free autochartist subscription :smiley:

I attached a pic of how my MT4 charts look now. SHI_channel has redrawn a downward channel based on connecting recent highs/lows. I’ve drawn my own chnnel of what I see (I’m probably wrong) as the channel being based on how it looked this morning. I also put an arrow pointing in the direction I would like it to head for a nice juicy long trade :smiley:

All that needs to happen now is tomorrow morning when I wake up at about 7 am for there to be a nice green bullish engulfing candle that eclipses the candle before it - and a stochastic crossover pointing upward out of oversold territory.

Here’s one I’m watching as well. This pair burned me twice last week when I entered waiting for it to move south. That same move I’m still waiting for - maybe it will happen this week. One thing I’ve learnt is to wait for confirmation. Cost me about $15 to learn that last week…

Here it is trending down and (hopefully) bouncing off the upper trend line. If tomorrow am (7-8 GMT) it’s got a red candle that eclipses or ‘engulfs’ the previous day’s candle and stochastics has crossed over and is heading down out of overbought…

I’ll risk $10 in finding out if it’s a good trade or not :slight_smile:

Also, almost everything I’m reading about trading the daily timeframe has fibo levels in there somewhere. So in this case I’ll set my T/P at around the 38.2 level as long as it adds up to double what I’m risking with my S/L. I’ll set the S/L at around 0.9140 - above the upper trend line + a few pips.

I’m almost tempted to put in a limit order that if it breaks the 61.8 fib level tonight during the asian session go short with S/L @ 0.9140 and and T/P @ fib level 38.2.

What do you guys think?

Nah - wait for confirmation tomorrow am I think… I can buy 2 beers with that $10 :stuck_out_tongue: