[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

Have you had a look at maurizio77’s EMA step system? he’s using lower frame and it seem like the system works very well. i think he earned >1000pips in january alone.

MACD crossover? is it not the moving average crossover? i thought the author of this strategy use the MACD windows to plot the moving average as he doesn’t want the lines interfere with his candle prices… correct me if i’m wrong… lol… so, i have been using the wrong indicator all this while… :stuck_out_tongue:

Phew, finally caught up with the thread. Read all posts… :slight_smile:

I’m just tyring the system, entering trades whenever I feel like it, no real system yet. Well, since yesterday I actually follow this strategy: wait for the close of a candle. If there was a cross, enter the trade if the trend channel (daily or weekly) confirms that trend. I also added the GannHilo to only enter a trade when that confirms the entry, but I have to say I already violated that rule… :slight_smile:

Yesterday I entered 3 trades:

USDJPY short
AUDUSD short
GBPJPY short

All three turned positive by tonight. I simply closed them.

Tonight I only entered 1 trade:

EURJPY short

I’m not too confident about this. The cross happened yesterday, but very early yesterday. Seems a bit risky, but hey, I’m only demo trading, and need to find the weeknesses of the system… :slight_smile: Will see how this trade ends tomorrow.

I’ve read the ebook for that one - it only glazed over higher TF so I thought it was more geared to shorter TF trading.

I need a better entry trigger though because the trades I entered last week which all turned out bad (USD/JPY long, AUD/USD & NZD/USD short) have all come good this week.

The set ups on the trend channels are good - I’ve just been entering them too early. The MACD/WMA crossover was what i was referring to when I said MACD. I changed the settings to 2 & 8 and they seem to be showing better entry points although I’m thinking of ditching MA crossovers altogether and looking at trend lines, price action, S/R and candle formations instead.

This turned out to be a losing trade, even though the Gann HiLo supported it. The cross happened during the last closed candle, but very early during that candle.

Ps: new day, new candle on the daily chart, but I don’t see any crosses on the 12 pairs I’m monitoring, so no trade today. Goodnight all! :slight_smile:

frankly speaking, this strategy does not work very well with me… i started 3 weeks ago and 7 losses out of 11 trades. now has three trades and all at losses as well… total losses of $100 from initial deposit of £1k…

i’m using ema 1&5 crossover and only enter after the candle close.

any thought? or anyone out there profit from this strategy?

I’ve had some ups and downs as well. The problem I find is that the crossovers have made me enter the trades prematurely by a few days, the trades have turned out to be losers then have turned out to be winners the following week.

I’ve re-entered some of last week’s trades and so far:

NZD/CHF - short +6 pips
AUD/JPY - short +71 pips
NZD/USD - short +34 pips
AUD/USD - short +26 pips

I’m trading more off traditional swing trading methods of price bouncing off the trend channels and going in the direction of the trend.

I changed the MA’s to 2 and 8 but I’m not really using them. I’m learning a quite hardcore mid/long term strategy which is all about reading the candles, S/R and some really quite in depth stuff. It’s here if you want to check it out, although it’s not a mechanical ‘if this does that then go long/short’ system it’s more like quite an advanced education in swing trading:

For the meantime I’m keeping these MA’s to trade with the trend channels, I’m also using the 4H. I want to see if the last week’s slump is just a slump or not.

NZD/CHF - short +29 pips
AUD/JPY - short +152 pips
NZD/USD - short +44 pips
AUD/USD - short +74 pips

where do you place yr TP, SL ? do you follow trailing sl ?

I’ve covered this in about 4 or 5 posts now, can’t find which ones but it’s back a few pages.

I’m not using this indicator anymore. I played around with it a bit and saw that it says almost exactly the same as stochastics (10,3,3).

So indicators I use now are:

Stochastics (10,3,3)
SHI channel indicator
200 SMA

The ‘system’ on the other hand I’m still working on but I’m getting very interested in candle formations, market sentiment, price action and funny mentals.

I’ll probably stop posting in this thread now as I’m not using this indicator any more.

Oh yeah - and my demo account ran out and I lost all my open trades from this week!

Time for a fresh start - happy trading all :slight_smile:

we are now seeing lot of crossovers and potentail crossovers

AUDUSD ready to cross up

EURNZD ready to cross down

NZDUSD just crossed up

USDCAD ready to cross down

For me this week my positions are:

EUR/CAD - short - 1.4332
NZD/USD - short - 0.6972
AUD/USD - short - 0.8962

Not using this MACD/WMA indicator though.

i have 4 in position:

EURJPY Short (fr last week) +76pips
USDJPY Short (fr last week) +97pips
USDCAD Short (1.0513) +92pips
AUDUSD Long (0.8991) +18pips

anyway, i still have prob to close the trades. often, i got massive pips gain and after some time the trades reverse and hit the SL. at the moment, my strategy is to close the trade when the nxt crossover.

Try the cross of ma1 and ma10 with moving sl to BE+3 after 50 pip, that what i do for my trades.

is that a different system ? is there a initial sl ? where is the tp ? does it work on all pairs ?

thanks

it is, no initial SL a good point for me though is the 4h high. its not exact since its just a good point for exit, not the best.
I forgot to mention that it was applied on 4hr charts

EUR/CAD - short - 1.4332 - T/P hit yesterday at about 190 pips
NZD/USD - short - 0.6972 - still open
AUD/USD - short - 0.8962 - stopped out for about 47 pips, entered again this morning with a wider stop

Also entered a long USD/JPY this morning as well.

Watching for:

USD/CAD - long
NZD/CHF - short

Price action and trend line look promising, just waiting on stochastics (10,3,3) confirmation.

Still using just the 1 fairly conservative T/P of S/L x 2. When MM permits I’ll put on 2 positions per trade and use a trailling stop for the second.

All trades on my live account for 0.01 lot sizes, account balance is about $525 (up from $510 starting balance)

Just a thought.

Would it be worth starting a different thread seeing as some of us aren’t using this indicator anymore?

It’s a little hard to follow who’s using what. I’m still experimenting with the original system. You guys say there are more profitable systems to investigate?

i think its a good idea to start a new thread with all the variations. it will add focus to the method if we have a seperate thread.

btw, i am still following the original indy, but with a hard SL, TP as 75, 100 points. i tried trailing stops, but most gains have turned into losses. always put something into the account, will give you a good feeling

i am long in U/J, A/U .

Shall we start a new thread?

I’m going through this now which is quite hardcore, but a really good continuation of learning after the school of pips:

The Index (Strat’s Stress Free Trading)

My AUD/USD and NZD/USD and USD/JPY trades all got stopped out.

NZD/USD has turned around now - again I entered too early :mad:

I need [B]much[/B] better entry confirmation and timing because the set ups and signals form the trend channel indicator (SHI) are really good - especially when they bounce off the trend line.

Just need a better entry trigger. I’m looking closer at price action and candle formations now.

Forgot to mention I’m short:

NZD/CHF - 0.7476 +103
NZD/JPY - 61.74 +100
AUD/JPY - 79.45 +12

All doing quite nicely :smiley: