[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

Thanks Phantom,

Just to clarify, that it is Simple Moving averages? Not linear weighted applied to first indicator? that was the default right?

I’m just clarifying cause i have still been using the same linear weighted lines set to 5 and 10. =)

Good question. I’m using simple MAs right now because it’s a little smoother. Linear weighted might work as well, though. It always comes down to your risk preference.

hi forex phantom,

I am new to this form.

just a quick question on your new MA settings.

I understand you are using simple MA but are they APPLY to CLOSE or indicator Data?

and what time your one hour candle closes.

thanks
Nadeem

Sorry I mean what time your daily candle closes

Hi,

the pepperstone is a good broker allowing micro lots the minimum is 0.01

Nadeem

yes!! just finished reading this thread. took me over a week…phew. Im really glad to see you back FP its been a long story with more twists and turns than a crime novel. Alot to take in with a lot of spins. Have alot to say about the system but don’t want to bombard you lol. Anyway just to start regarding you change to 5 and 10 on macd it you post with the graph looked like you missed a big chunk of movement. I got massively burnt last week by the nfp report and sitting near 1000 pip loss so i’m going to wait…a long time to till they come round…years maybe. oh well only demo. But what I have learnt with this system is you need to pay attention to correlation and funny mentals too. Also for Divergence in going to implement a stoc ind too maybe slow. anyway I’ll start to post my results.

May the fx be with you

Hey Nadeem,

at the moment, Phantom applies his MA to Close and not indicator data which was his very first setting.

And thanks for the clarification Phantom!

ok phantom why did you change you bias on the macd from 1/2 to 4/8 to 5 and 10, also from linear ma to simple and indicator data to close?

potential bearish divergence on here. i’m in.

Hey DarthFrancis,

Your settings look good. I’m still playing with the settings personally. I don’t think there are any magical numbers. If you notice some better settings, go for it!

I will endeavour to get better. There is no holy grail to be found as you already have it… inside you.

anyway update on this trade…

have been riding this for over a week and now looks like its heading the right way 45 pips and counting.

new trade brewing

usd/chf+30 pips

oh and i tried to lock in my profit on my usdcad trade my reducing my lot size from 0.1 to 0.05 but it closed the trade :17: oh well 56 pip is great considering i’ve held if for 9 days and went -80pips monday.

just an update 367 pips collected today. best day of trading so far.

closed usdchf. hit t/p at at 0.945 for a 124pips…held an hour
usdjpy hit t/p, opened at 100 sold at 98.53 for 147pips (biggest win yet)…held 7 days this went 150pips against me.
eurusd hit t/p,opened at 1.30500 sold at 1.31460 for 96pips…held 8 days this went near 300 pips against me.

may the fx be with you

Glad to see you are enjoying the system, DarthFrancis. Are you still using the original settings?

I’ve been on hiatus - I just got married this past weekend. :slight_smile:

congrats!!! i’m getting married june '14. let me know if i should go through with it bro lol. yeah i’m using ma linear weighted (2,8) and trialing usd/chf daily with your settings of (5,10) as it moves pretty slowly with a slow stoch and the shi channel which is great and hold true more than 70% of the time could probably trade with it by its self.

have you seen any good chart setups?

did you have a honeymoon?

Hi all,

Just took two trades.

SELL - Eur/CHF
BUY - Eur/CAD

Here are some pictures to show the entries. Good luck!

Go for it! And congrats! Married life is awesome. :slight_smile:

Nope, no honeymoon for us. But once we have time / money, we will do something. :slight_smile:

ah well if this trade goes well then maybe london or paris. just a question FP, as your buy and sell both the euro do you check the correlation as this looks hedging your trade?

talking of euro im currently selling the eurgbp at 0.8649 and mad a profit of 35 pips today stillfeel like its got more to give also my 2 week rollercoster with the gbpusd which went 400 pips against me may hopefully give me a profit of 60 pips all going good tomorrow. its time to getmof that ride. phew.

Hi guys,

Whats the number parameters you use for SHI indicator? is it 240? any recommended numbers?

Btw, i am buying EURCAD as with FP
and shorting CADCHF. but both are in the negative at the moment.
any views on that? =)

thanks!

SHI = 240.

My trades for EURCAD and EURCHF are both negative right now as well (funny cause they started out positive). I consider it a temporary spike and I’m letting them both run.

Only time will tell if I’m right. Fingers crossed.