[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

Hi Grimald,

Sorry you are experiencing difficulties. I’m here to help.

The easiest solution: Download the template listed on Page 1. Then you can adjust all the values manually if you want to (it’s easier than trying to do it from scratch).

Cheers,
-ForexPhantom-

Thank you for sharing this simple and nice system.Testing it out. :slight_smile:

I also had no idea I was nominated for July. So thanks for letting me know! And personally, I just want to help people, so these awards are rewarding only in the sense that perhaps I can help more people.

its that attitude that attracted me to your thread FP. 99% people are trying to compel you to buy into there strategies and into your pockets where as you my friend are just one of us trying to understand and succeed in the FX.

ok so to cap off July for me, I made 27.05% that month on a £3000 demo account using a £1 a pip just for easy not really using the 1-3% rule that tight as on a small account like that i think its unrealistic to be be trading any less that a £1 a pip.

Disclaimer: You must not follow my rules as I try to feel the market and too me its not a science as humans are trading it not machines ( although there maybe some scientists who also trade, so kudos to you guys)

Hi all, just joined this group…and pleased to know that this is the first time I’ve seen a thread that has been so successful and still going strong…I’m not new to forex and have been trading for quite sometime… This has been a breath of fresh air for me posting a forum… I just want to say thank u in advance Forex Phantom for sharing this system…don’t mind if I share my thoughts on this…cause i might be repeating on stuff which probably somebody has spoken out as I didn’t get to read the whole posting on this thread…ok,firstly, what I personally think that it’s a set and forget system which is good as we don’t require to monitor it every minute of the day(torturing) . But mind u that I read some complaints about people getting their trades into a negative position and having to wait quite a while to profit again…this can be avoided by actually looking at a smaller time frame…reason being is that daily charts only show a swing high/ swing low at a period that is a distance between Africa to United States…or simply means a distance that takes months to occur…simple right?..so to further my case… We can avoid/minimize our losses by monitoring the mini waves of a given daily candlesticks…after all price moves like waves…making higher highs and higher lows…getting into an end of a given swing high and positioning yourself to profit from a swing low would minimize the risk…again this is my thought and I would certainly be happy if I contributed something that would better benefit the system as a whole…thanx…

hey borneo, glad to see another sailor onboard. I think what your speaking of is multi-timeframe analysis. it is a good way of confirming trends on w1 and entry/exit on h1. But again this is a set and forget style strategy and if you can’t wait for a trade to go your way then maybe day trading isn’t for you. Don’t get me wrong I have been in a trade that went against me for a couple of weeks and its no picnic but its part of trading not every trade is going to go your way. How long you been trading for borneo?

This looks more reliable way of making consistent huge number of pips but takes long waiting period and the trader needs to have patience for this and also should be able to manage the expense on their own.

Hello people :slight_smile:

Just read this thread all the way from the start… I am trading a similar system myself, although using 2 and 8 EMAs on the price action and not in the MACD, as I find this a bit hard to figure out (Never quite sure what signals I am trading when I put the MAs in the MACD, as the variables are hard to calculate).

Anyway, it would be interesting to learn the status of the people who were active in this from the start, if they are still trading this strategy or not, and what results can be documented over this long period. Anyone?

Hi Forex Phantom,

I read through quite a lot of the posts, but do you mind to confirm what is the Daily Crossover System settings that you have tested to be found suitable for your trades? Is it still the same settings as the 1st page of this thread?

Thanks

hi i’ve been trading this strategy for a few months now (demo) soon to be live. and i’ve tried all 3 macd settings mentioned the best is the 2,8 has 1,4 tends to fake out alot and 5,10 tends to miss alot of a movement but better on slower pairs say cad,usd but i also use rsi for ov/bought and ov/sold plus divergences and PRICE ACTION if it doesnt’ look right then most like it wont be. ive made 40% overall in 3 months but i’ve learnt not to chase every movement and correlation is important too.

good luck all

[QUOTE=“darthfrancis;517531”]hey borneo, glad to see another sailor onboard. I think what your speaking of is multi-timeframe analysis. it is a good way of confirming trends on w1 and entry/exit on h1. But again this is a set and forget style strategy and if you can’t wait for a trade to go your way then maybe day trading isn’t for you. Don’t get me wrong I have been in a trade that went against me for a couple of weeks and its no picnic but its part of trading not every trade is going to go your way. How long you been trading for borneo?[/QUOTE]

Hey there darthfrancis,

yup you are right. Its just how i like to be damn sure about my trades going my way... But sometimes looking at a multi timeframe gives you a microscopic picture of what is going on at daily basis.. its just to be extra careful...but like you said which is right....all trades will never always go your way......i've been trading for 5 years now.......I'm actually an intra- daytrader...and my strategy is using multi time frame bollinger band breakout system to confirm my trades....but again...having a look at ForexPhantoms system is very interesting indeed. Thanx..

yup you are right. Its just how i like to be damn sure about my trades going my way… But sometimes looking at a multi timeframe gives you a microscopic picture of what is going on at daily basis… its just to be extra careful…but like you said which is right…all trades will never always go your way…i’ve been trading for 5 years now…I’m actually an intra- daytrader…and my strategy is using multi time frame bollinger band breakout system to confirm my trades…but again…having a look at ForexPhantoms system is very interesting indeed. Thanx…[/QUOTE]

well i’m trying new strategies and thats good. The more you do, the more you learn and the better you get. I tried a bollinger breakout when i first got into trading but didnt work for me so each to there own.
Have you made much gains in those 5 years?

nice work guys !

just an update, closed my chfjpy trade for 150 pips and made 5.21%. Which turned my negative profit month into a marginally profitable one. lol. its all about the mind games.

Hi FP,
I have been reading this thread for the past week. I really want to test this method, but am confused with the indicators user.
In your original post you said to use the MACD with MA settings.
Then in the middle of the thread another member changed the strategy that used :

SHI indicator
MACD (4,9,5)
Sto (5,3,3)
ADX (14)
Gann_HiLo_Activator

I did double check to make sure that I wasn’t in the wrong thread

Now after FP is back, you are using your original method. However I did notice that you have changed the MAs in MACD to Simple, applied to close. I also noticed that you are using the SHI indicator. And now sure how to use this.
Could you be kind enough to update your initial post, with the correct indicators please?

Trendline4X, if you are still around I would like to know whether you are still using Phantom’s Daily Crossover system using your Gann filter, and if so how it has worked out for you.
Thanks for any reply.

Greetings all,

A quick comment: I only use the MACD and MA settings as in the original post. What has been debated is the best MA settings to put onto the MACD, but I’ve never used the Sto, ADX, or Gann_HiLo_Activator. These indicators seem unnecessary to me. I keep it simple.

I have tinkered with the SHI indicator, but that is about it.

-FP-

Good stuff, FP, I’m new and impatient and you may have saved me…

A while ago I decided that I could afford to lose $200 and real money would give me focus that demo accounts don’t. I opened a micro account with PellucidFX and with a free indicator I downloaded from somewhere (I know, I know, I have learned a lot since…) I made $60 net profit in an afternoon. I thought, Oh, it’s that easy, and put my July $500 bonus cheque in. Somehow the magical indicator decided to work for the enemy the next week, and I discovered a few things about myself that weren’t good, like getting frustrated and taking random trades because everything else seemed random; and that you gotta be in it to win it applies here too…

Long story short I stopped trading and started reading about trading(a LOT: books, forums, everything) when my account hit $300 and on Labour day decided to try again, sticking to your system this week. Glad to say that although I have entered a bit late on most trades, I have brought my account back up to $500 in the past 48 hours.

I have read your thread but haven’t come across a decision on the trailing stops, is it just by feel or did I miss some magical formula?

I have been using a 50 point TS in MT4, which I think is 5 pips (is it?) and have re-entered a few that tripped before they had got very far.

Thanks for sharing your system!

–edit 9/8/13—

…AND back down to $300 and back up to $400! I’m glad I’m playing with small numbers still, because that kind of swing in big numbers would have left me worse than seasick.

Looking back over the week proves the point you have made a few times in this thread about not entering late. Several of the days when I entered late there was a change and I lost.

Will keep learning y doing and analyzing my mistakes. I’ll record what I learn here if nobody minds the predictable pitfalls of yet another newbie.

Hey all been awhile since I’ve posted so thought I’d say hi.
My Demo got closed on friday with a gain of 60% in 3 months so after finding a live account that looked ok decided to go live this week. only trading micro lots to make sure broker is legit and to get a feel with trading live money.
First trade hit stop loss… :frowning: but only 0.5% loss so still in the game :wink:
2 more trades in EU at 1.3236 to buy 4 hourly is massively oversold but daily is undersold and just crossed when made the trade and UC sell 0.9335 same as other trade but reversed 4 hour undersold daily oversold.

wish me luck…think i need it. lol

Anyone still trading this strategy? Been trading this strategy for about two weeks now, was up 800 pips before last night, during the night all my trailing stops got hit:31:. Would really like to hear from others who trade this strategy.
Also it their anyone who has a template for Trade Station/markedscope 2.0 for this strategy ?