[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

I should thank Forex Phantom for a simple system. There are few things very crucial to any system. One is an entry which is explained in the thread . other being stop loss and TP. Using the ATR will probably help this problem. Setting the SL to ATR2 and trade with 3 contracts… first target 2ATR and 2nd target 4*ATR and third contract trail with Trailing stop. If Target one is hit move to break even plus the spread +2 pips.

I really don’t see this system as that good as his amazing crossover system because if you pull out the stochastic indicator and if you place these 1 & 4 linear weighted moving averages on the chart you will see that they both are the same so if you simply put these MA or stochastic than you are doing the exact same thing.

hey all thought i’d return to me old stomping ground. don’t suppose anyone has an ea for the daily amazing crossover?

'best

darth

I like the idea of this. I have been applying my own rules using the ATR indicator. I think Ill try your exit idea though.

Thanks

just thought i would run a sim on this strat see if it still holds water and… by george it bloody does. over a year a had 16/19 winners and missed a few due to the sim jumping and me missing my entry. but using 1.0 lots on uj i made £6,831… so roughly 683 pips on one pair. I simply used the 2,8 linear ma and used PA and s/r for sl and tp positions.

No need for atr unless you want to code and make it an ea and if you do let me know I would love a copy :wink:

'best

darth

New to the site, but have been following the amazing crossover system. Downloaded the template but not sure how to attach to the chart.

Has anyone by chance looked at creating an alert for the ma crossovers? I looked at coding it but the issue is the fact that since it is set to first indicators data it is using the data of the MACD which creates a huge programming issue. If it was just a linear weighted average based on something like close it would be a piece of cake. FP was there a particular reason why you based the data on the MACD? from your posts it seems you just used the MACD window as a placeholder for the moving averages…

What? It doesn’t even say which MAs are used. The “tpl” file doesn’t do anything. It opens photoshop but photoshop doesn’t open anything. I’m so confused. Will someone please explain this system if they know it?

This reminds me of the stochastic:

Hey guys :slight_smile:
I have just opened a short on EUR/GBP.
In terms of opening these trades, to everyone I would suggest only taking trades with the main trend. Hence why I took a short. Here’s the main trend:

And now here is the reason I took the trade:

Also another stipulation I make that weeds out fake-outs:

Happy Hunting :slight_smile:
-ImBatman

This system seems very good. I can’t work out how to use linear weighting MA. Can anyone help out?
I’m with oanda.

Or would 1 and 4 EMA work just as well?

Thanks

It depends on your TP on how to add them. I loaded them on MT4, and do that from there, select Insert > Indicators > Trend > Moving Average, and then in the opened window, select Linear Weighted from the type choices.

With Oanda’s fxTrade platform, click on “add indicator” in the bottom-left hand corner to open the list of available indicators, and then go up to the top section, where “WMA” is one of the options. That’s the one you’re looking for.

In general, for most purposes, you can use two-thirds of the figure to translate a weighted MA (WMA) into an exponential MA (EMA).

A 20-period EMA and a 30-period WMA are virtually identical: put both on a chart and you’ll see that they’re almost exactly the same. :wink:

Why did you enter so late? are you planing to keep this trade for long?

After reading this thread i find it to be pure gold. Forexphamtom, Hat’s off to you sir!
So I took the system and applied to my MT4, I’ve been going on different pairs on my charts and scrolling back to see how the system preformed in the past, it looks very solid, great wins, little loss. Look at recent time it still looks good like it is performing well. This is 6 years now this system has continued to work, I think we got a system that can last a lifetime!
The 1 and 4 LWMA are great, Personally this is how I would trade the system

Use the template provided by FP and than add a second MACD with 2 and 8 LWMA like FP has said before, use them both together to find a really solid signal, when the 1 and 4 cross see how close the 2 and 8 are to determine if you want to enter.

Use SUPPORT and RESISTANCE levels from daily and weekly charts as a area to aware of for TP and SL and if close a MAJOR one to maybe not look to enter that trade if it is going against that S or R level.

Lasty I’d add FIBONACCI because I’d fib from the last daily swing low to last daily swing high for a long and vis versa for a short, When price is between the 50-61.8% zones, and you get a signal, its bound to be a very solid signal.

It does kinda add a lot to it, but keeping the rules the same as you stated just adding Support and resistance as a TP and SL level mainly, and the Fibo for extra confirmation.

AVOID RED FLAG NEWS : BANK RATE DECISION AND NFP.

I would love to hear from you forexphantom so we can explore and really empower this system! It’s gold already though!

IF i don’t hear anything from anyone by Monday, i’ll probably start my own thread ( in honor of forexphantoms name of course ) and apply what I just said and post results and hope people join in!

Happy trading

Jason

Looking back, as far as my chart will let me see candlesticks lol, back to 2005, I was review EURGBP and EURUSD to see how this system performed than with just the 1 and 4 MA crossover no add ons, it was still working great just as good as now, so from looking back from 2005 to now, that’s 10 years this system could’ve been used and good too, and we knew it about ( thank you FP! ) for 6 years now that it has been performing great… that’s a nice track record and gives me high hopes to see this being a everlasting system, it will have drawdown periods i’m sure, But if you use the 2 and 8 and 1 and 4 MA it helps filter out a few of those bad trades, and the FIBO/support and resistance can help too.

I agree Jason, been looking and trading this for some time now and it is profitable if you stick to the rules. Sometimes you miss the cross but when you in then you in for big pips.

I am interested to know what you use the added 2 and 8 LWMA. If they close or not or if they cross?

Hello Snipes,

The 2 and 8 LWMA are for extra confirmation, the 1 and 4 I take the signal on, but the 2 and 8 must be at least touching for me to take that signal, because if the 2 and 8 are still separated and the 1 and 4 are crossing, its most likely a false signal. Most preferred entry is 1 and 4 and 2 and 8 cross at the same time or at least similar time. But that rarely happens, and if you always wait for that, you can miss the 1 and 4 real signal by getting in to late waiting for the 2 and 8 cross. The markets have been choppy lately and not much trending that is why I haven’t traded this system much, but I’m looking at a couple trades, if I take them i’ll post them here!

Happy trading
Jason

Thanks Jason

I have sold
CADCHF @ 0,75214
NZDCHF @ 0,64508

Yep markets choppy but found this system still more profitable than most if u get in properly.

The two you have traded now look nice, good work!

USDCAD LONG
USDSGD SHORT
GBPAUD SHORT

are three I am watching, Only 3 trending pairs that I watching at the moment really haha. Some are counter trend trades but they look like they could be nice corrections in the current trend.