[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

Yes they are.

Will look for those.
Had a dumb error yesterday when i went long on
EurNzd @ 1,66638 had a trailing stop and got out at 1,67255.

And look at it now :frowning:

Well we learn from our mistakes! At least you made about 60 pips!

Indeed…

Jason,

I am toying with the idea of ADX to see how we can filter out more “false” signals as well as when to exit trades. Whats your thoughts?

Interesting, I like that idea. How where you thinkin of using it? Having the ADX correlate with the 1 and 4 cross so they both are saying the same direction? We could list off some ideas and see what we can make of it. Give a try on a demo and see our results.

One thing I was thinking of trying was , using a 200 EMA and when price is on the upside on both the 4h and d1 chart it’s a uptrend and when price is on the downside of the 4h and d1 200 EMA it’s a downtrend, if price is up on 4h and down on d1 or vis versa, it’s a no trade pair until price both gets on one side… what do you think about it?

I just got the idea from another forum and just added to my charts and trying to make sense of it. Seems legit. What I am seeing though is when confirming lower time frames there is conflict. No expert and still learning so taking in as much as I can. review some trades it seems the lower TF’s were not in sync. and yes longer gives better and more stability, however the shorter TF’s turns into longer td’s at some point?

This I like. i added 200 sma to the day only. let me see what this idea of yours bring. The ADX still gonna take a while. But there is definitely some value just browsing a little. The question becomes what settings constitutes a signal. Even with less signals. a 300-500 trade per week should be more than sufficient?

300-500 a week should be more than enough I’d say! For starting, just being profitable is the first step. The 200 EMA should filter out some bad trades, the ADX I’d just use on the daily and 4h, and make sure that it indicates its in a uptrend when we wanna go long, and downtrend when we wanna short, and have the adx on the 4h and D1 confirm with the cross our MACD gives. It can work, It might makes things more complicated for some though. But we should give a try at least and see what we get for results.

more than enough indeed. And this system certainly can give this if one can really kill some of the noise. The ADX is giving me more headaches than anything. With the 200 EMA, there is a lot of pips and trades that one misses i see so far. merely looking back at the charts.Think if we can fine tune a confirmation of entry then we in business. the exit is another story … Will keep at it and test on a demo.

Exit if positive can use a trail stop loss or a support/resistance area. If negative, than we should use a cross on the macd as a exit or have a SL in place. Like ya said we can DEMO with that. Using FIBBONACCI from last months high to low for a downtrend and a low to high for a long trend. Then when price pulls back into the 50-61.8 zone is good for extra confirmation of a trade. Won’t be every time but when it does happen its a stronger trade I’d say. As well drawing a weekly/daily support and resistance lines for TP and SL areas. And areas to look for a reaction of the price, they are bigger levels so they should up stronger than most others.
If we use the 1 and 4 and 2 and 8 MACD setups,
Than we use the Support and resistance levels to see how much room we have to work with for a TP and SL and if price is to close to a level and we are trading against the level to sit that trade out until a close above or below that level ( if going with trend )
Than we use the FIBO to see what trades are looking like for week
and we take the highest probability one.
So if a trade is above our EMA for a uptrend and not near a Support or resistance zone and in the FIBO zone or going into it, and we get the cross on the 1 and 4 and a near cross or cross on the 2 and 8, we could enter.
And go through each pair only taking the one that has the highest confirmation from this.

Ok get what you saying… I just need to firm up my knowledge of FIB> support and resistance I like and have considered. Gone through a but of historic charts and the ADX is not really to my liking. will keep at it and then get my FIBO knowledge up to scratch.

Fibonacci Trading in Forex
Great for learning FIBO and a whole section on support and resistance too!
I’ll be posting my trades here, I recommend you do the same.
Maybe we should start a new forum? in honor of FXphantom of course.

Let’s do that… and when we post trades add some reasons for it?

Gonna read up on FIBO before i go to sleep… already 23h34 … I am South Africa by the way.

name is Lester.

Yes Post trades, lets start in this thread, hopefully others will join. Than if we get some more take it from there.
Always post our reasons, why we think we would, why it is the best trade out of the other pairs etc…
give opinions on the trades, 2 heads is better than one!
I am USA its 17:48 here.
Name is Jason

Hi Jason

I started a journal for us

http://forums.babypips.com/trade-journals/75424-jl-method-honor-forexphantom.html

Heading over there, great work!

[QUOTE=“jayboii478;716338”]Heading over there, great work![/QUOTE] we in it together…

We in it together

We got this! :57: