[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

I’ve read mostly the first few pages of the thread. I like this method as you don’t have to be glued to the screen all day. I was wondering if anyone is planning/looking at an EA or just an indi to alert when the 2 lines are crossing over. Thanks.

Eddie

How often are pairs crossing?? Doesn’t seem like entry is very often…

Can anyone comment?

Hello anklerep

The pairs crossing happens decently frequent I’d say. Not every week you’ll get a entry, but it does happen enough for most folks. Usually weekly there is entries, and we only want the high probability ones. Snipes and I created a thread on the trading journals page, called the JL method in honor of forexphantom, where we are persuing this system with some tweeks.

does anybody know how to create this indicator on tradingview or FXCM trading station?

It’s easy in FXCM. Just create the indicators as stated in Forex phantom’s 1st post and then save as a template.

As for the system, it seems to be very similar to an RSI(14) => MA(9) indicator as far as the crossovers are concerned.

I would like to inform you that I have created an EA (Expert Advisor) for this strategy and have tested the Trailing Stop from 100-1000 points. The best Trailing stop was 310 points.

TimeFrame tested was Daily (D1) 2016.01.06 00:00 - 2017.01.05 00:00 (2016.01.06 - 2017.01.06)

I was using a $1000 USD Balance with the Lot @ 0.1 on EURUSD which is a 1% risk

Do you have a zip file with the indicator MQ4 or Ex4 with the right settings?

Thanks!

Hi, can you link the EA for this system, it seems that the system keeps on changing and I would like to see the most recent version of the crossover system. Thanks

This is what typically happens, in all trading forums, with long threads covering systems in which the trade entries are based on indicator crossovers.

There are thousands of aspiring traders in love with the dream that all they’ll need to do, to derive consistent income from their trading, is to come up with an automated system based on indicators which they can leave running, which will produce income without further work. Hence all the interest in indicator signals and EA’s.

Many try the system, at first enthusiastically, until it inevitably encounters its first frightening drawdown (sometimes when the market ranges, as they do about 80% of the time, instead of trending), and then the next phase is to try to “confirm the signals”(!) by using other indicators, whereupon that pattern of posting gets repeated all over again, with its ever-growing technical variations, and the thread inexorably grows without ever quite managing to make anyone rich, after all.

As so often, with trading, it’s when people imagine that they can become successful by “copying something that just ‘[I]works[/I]’,” (wouldn’t it be lovely? :wink: ) that all the accidents tend to arise, for a whole collection of reasons outside their experience. This is how some aspiring traders come to imagine that they have “5 years’ experience” without ever actually becoming profitable at all, when the reality is that they more typically have 3 months’ poor experience repeated 20 times over, instead - and unfortunately that doesn’t really get you very far along the learning-curve. But by that stage most can’t quite face the reality that “back to square one of the education-process” is a better option than "find something else that just ‘works’, so it all tends to become a high-turnover, self-repeating cycle. :frowning:

The fallacy, of course, is that it isn’t really “systems” that work: it’s [U]traders[/U] - [B]if [/B]they go through the appropriate phases of education, helpful practice and development, who “work”. But no matter how long they try for (and some, undeniably and by their own admission, try for [U]years[/U]), unfortunately they can’t get those through threads like this one - and of course there are reasons for that.

Thank you for your reply to start off. I would like to try this because forexphantoms 100+ pip system dis quite well and was quite simple so I would like to give this one a go and see if this one is just as good. I understand it’s the trader and not the system as no holy trail exists. Thank you.

Not sure the OP is still trading, perhaps he could update us

Forex Phantom System by ahosuke | Myfxbook

Hi ForexPhantom,

You wrote,

[quote=“ForexPhantom, post:71, topic:20161”]
There are simply 2 moving averages — 1 and 4. Both are linear weighted.[/quote]

I know what linear moving averages are, but please explain what LMAs 1 and 4 are. Do the 1 and 4 refers to the periods that the MAs are calculated from? In other words, LMA (1) and LMA (4)?

Thanks,
Norm,

Hi everyone. I answered my own question. I discovered the zip file for the system’s template under the screenshot in post 1; and when I installed it into my MT4 I discovered that the MAs superimposed over the MACD were periods 1 & 4. I just had a hard time believing that the periods were so small.

Norm

1 Like