Free discussion

Hi every one
I open this topic for free discussion. so you can talk about any subjects that you like and see the respond from other.

this forum is full of education , feel free to use , have a very good journey on there.

1 Like

I’ve started watching a few Youtube clips on Stoicism. I’m just taking my first steps. I wonder if anyone here would describe themselves as a Stoic and how the philosophy has impacted their life?

4 Likes

Have you read the Chimp Paradox before? Some good information and pointers in there on how to try and achieve this, if not mentioning it in name.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m allergic to self-help books but I’m Youtubing to get the core at least of the guy’s ideas.

1 Like

This is less self help and more a book helping to understand the way aspects of personality interlink. Steve Peters was a criminal psychologist who profiled people like Ian Huntley. He’s worked in professional sport as well. It’s a very interesting read and concept to explore.

2 Likes

Tnx Peter. I find this website so useful

Lots of free staff always in youtube, but you normally cant find big ideas in there

1 Like

Youtubing to get an idea of stoicism is okay, but like @Soheil77 said, you can’t find much useful information there. Youtube will only give you an abstract idea about what stoicism is. In order to know more, I think you should read academic psychology books, and refer to interviews.

2 Likes

Nobody said anything about in depth academia

Sounds really interesting.
Going to download it on Audible I’m terrible for reading of late .

I think it is very useful even while not being being specifically about trading. Same with Atomic Habits by James Clear.

1 Like

Nice thanks for the suggestions maximizing my time is something I still struggle with .
Once I’m up at 6 bells all is good if I sleep in until 8 I’m on the backboiler