FREE - FX News Alert application

hei, thanks for the compliment, ahaha :slight_smile:

I had request and will give u feedback bout news.

As news release trader, i use more than one sources on my news analysis. Can u improve FXNewsAlert news website provider which usin our own website not only just one?? At least 3 or more our own news website at the same time in the same window (example: It arranged horizontal/vertically). So, trader can compare that sources they had more easily than before.

OK, maybe I’m getting closer to what I’m looking for :slight_smile:
I have taken some time and found good sources of news, am able to determine the impact level of that news and even what levels I should be looking for as being higher/lower than forecasted enough to cause a move in price. What I CAN’T find is where to get the actual news release figures the moment they are released. Finding this info a half hour after it was released is not useful so I was hoping that readers here could share how they get the very fastest figures to jump on. Thanks!!!

I use the forexfactory calendar as it’s a nice, clean xml i can parse. Here’s Merlins post explaining their decision about [B]actual news[/B] data:

derk and i talked about including the “actual” and decided against it. we have enough server load problems at release time, it could be harmful to also have thousands of MT platforms trying to grab the data as well. once we get our load under control (i know i know, we have been working on this problem for like 8 months, but im told its a very difficult situation to handle thousands of people refreshing the site at the same exact time) then we will evaluate including the actual in the xml. i do realize how big the possibilities are if we include the actual…it could make for some very slick indicators. so we will for sure address this when the time is right.

It was written 5 years ago and they still don’t include an [B]actual data[/B] column. I could screen scrape the results, but it’s too much headache.

All you need to do, is hit the [new sites] button at the bottom of the app and refresh to see results. It’s pointless re-inventing the wheel and the FF page allows you analyse news data with graphs et al.

hth

Edit: You can subscribe to squawk services; free ones are usually delayed by ~1minute. It’s not that important to see results, as they’re usually priced in minutes, hours or days before by insiders front-running price and their inner corrupt circle being privy to important info.

if wanna use news data after news release, please use more than 1 news release website.
But before that, determine first truly high impact news or not. If still have different between our sources. That mean those news not truly high impact one.
My mentor use this method and had around 70% winning percentage only trade on news release :slight_smile:

I presume you mean placing buy / sell pending orders before news and scalping a spike; way too risky as spread widens.

It’s a coin toss…

hiiiiiii!!!
these app is great…

U mean for me FiatFap?? I hope not. Hei, what about my feedback for u?? U dont answer it buddy :slight_smile:

I was interested by your comment about your mentor and 70% hit rate with news; sounds a bit suspicious, hence why i suggested the pending order approach.

I appreciated your feedback, thanks. Multiple news sources would be a headache, unless they have a an xml i can poll.

Thanks for the info guys, very much appreciated!

Fiat: I didn’t realize that your app could grab the just-released prices if I click the News Sites button so I will definitely download it and test it. I haven’t had any problem finding economic calendars but it’s been a serious pain trying to find a source for just-released actual figures. I trade binary options and having the figures available the moment they are released,is extremely important if they differ significantly from the forecast; with a notable difference from forecasted price, there are usually 2-3 good trading opportunities as the market over-reacts then over-corrects. Anyway…thanks for this!
Oh…one more question if I could: if I’m at work, behind a skookum firewall and no wireless (but some non-streaming internet)any ideas where I could check to get up-to-the-moment figures. For instance, the Aussie Trade Balance came out yesterday…is there a site I could check right at release time to get actual figures?

Spidy: I do use more than one news source BEFORE the realease actually happens but once the figues are released, well…the figures are the figures and everyone will report the same number; I just need to know what they are :slight_smile:

Oh, and in case anyone wants to warn me against binary options, please don’t bother, this isn’t the thread to discuss that :wink:

Thanks all!!

ransquawk do real time data releases; i was kindly given a link but i can’t share it as you have to pay £20 per month.

“talking-forex” seems to be their portal, there’s a free version but it’s a 5 minute delay, you’ll have to google “talking-forex free”, it’s the first link, as asinine BP policy doesn’t allow me to post links and i keep getting warnings from newbie mods, when all i’m trying to do is help people - c’est la vie.

Alpari also does a squawk and it’s only a 1min delay; again, just google “alpari squawk”.

I’m currently building a revamped FXNewsAlert, so let me see if i can extrapolate actual data release, i may have to mooch for other sites. Can people post their news sites please, so i see which ones give the easiest way to read data.

The [news sites] button just loads a windows browser inside the app and you click refresh until the number appears, but server load on high impact events means it could take a few seconds.

Again, there is no magical solution to actual data release, they serve it to retail only when they’ve finished their capitulations and machinations and have set their dastardly traps.

Wow! “Capitulations”, “Machinations” and “Dastardly” all in one sentence! I bow to your prowess in prose, sir :-)))
More excellent info, so many thanks again. Because I trade binary options, that first minute is really important. Must be a way to jump on the release when it happens since there are many, many fundamental traders…I think.

Glad you like my verbiage, 'tis important to not write with brevity and antipodean ornateness.

There is one way to ‘jump-the-numbers’, become a member of congress - i’m sure they get release data a few aeons before everyone else.

Thanks FiatFap.

We also have a website, Alpari NewsRoom which is dedicated to bringing our clients up to the minute market analysis on a wide range of markets.

The site is updated regularly with the following commentary throughout the day including:

• At least two technical analysis pieces with charts included
  • 2 pre-market open articles for European and US sessions
  • A European closing round up
  • An FX comment
  • The daily market update video

The site also has a live open positions indicator so clients can see what percentage of traders are long and short of the major currency pairs. There is also the ability to see our analysts tweets, as well as read a brief bio on them and sign up to their Twitter and Google+ accounts.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

Thanks for the clarification Alex - 1min delay is generous compared to other squawks that either do ~5 min delays or trial periods.

I’m not affiliated with Alpari in any way, but they also do a great auto-chart analysis portal, if that floats your boat.

Please accept my apology for the delay in response. For some reason, this e-mail went to my spam folder and hence I didn’t see it until today. I will be happy to explain the purpose of the app to you.

Real time quotes come directly from TrueFx. The app (Forex Eagle) continuously collects this information from TrueFX in the background (hence without hurting app performance), whenever a user is looking at quotes. The connection to TrueFX is disconnected whenever the user moves away from the ‘Quotes’ screen to avoid unneccesary network usage.

Thanks for your questions. I may not have understood your question well. Forex Eagle does not provide any momentum information. It sends a notification whenever a currency pair moves by a certain amount or percentage that is set by the user.
So lets say EUR/USD bid is at 1.32000 and you set an alert to be notified whenever bid or ask moves by 0.01 points. Assume that EUR/USD bid then moves down to 1.31500 and later moves up to 1.32500. At this point the app will receive an alert that EUR/USD bid moved up more than 0.01 points from 1.31500 to 1.32500 as of (the time it hit 1.32500) since (the time it hit 1.31500).
It does the same analysis for Ask in the downward direction. Let’s say Ask later hits a high of 1.32550 and then moves to 1.31550, you will get the following alert: EUR/USD ask moved down more than 0.01 points from 1.32550 to 1.31550 as of (the time it hit 1.31550) since (the time it hit 1.32550).

And there is no timeframe limit. The app will notify you whenever an alert you set is triggered, whether it it takes a second or a year or more or anything in between, as long as I maintain the app.

The app does not run in the background to receive notifications. So it does not drain battery or other resources. All you need is your device to be connected to the internet. If you are not connected to the internet when an alert comes in, it won’t be delivered later. However you can always look in the app to view any unseen alerts (up to last 100 per currency, to save disk space). Any alert you view will be auto-deleted on app exit (again, to save disk space).
To my knowledge Forex Eagle is light, fast, bug-free and highly optimized to consume very little hardware resources.

Thanks ! I will top it up with my already powerful strategy.

*** Version 3 :: FREE Download available at FXNewsAlert ***

Features

GUI - new, cleaner interface to allow multiple widgets in one window
Support / Resistance Candle Charts - signals tool to analyse supply & demand across multiple timeframes, all on the same chart!
Momentum Charts - added feature to choose momentum start, so you can see sentiment from day open through to year open
News Strength Heatmap - widget analyses all the weekly news events and shows which currencies are affected the most
Screenshots - take a snapshop of your workspace and add annotations to build up a trading journal or share your trading thoughts with friends
Profile Manager - create different profiles to see market sentiment; for example, create Futures, FX, Metals and Indices profiles
Binary Options - FXNA is an indispensable tool for BO traders as it mixes fundamentals with live price and various momentum tools
Weekend - Expert Advisor now works the weekend, so you can do your analysis ahead of the market open