FreeFX # 143: interview with Kimberly Jane, futures and options trader

Hello traders!

As @Ananais and others here will remember, I started a series of interviews with women in trading and finance, as part of this thread Why we need more (good) female traders : after four written interviews, which (thanks to @Ananais) were made into their own Q&A threads, I managed now to bring you a video interview.

I hope you will enjoy this and find it interesting. Please go to YouTube to see the topics and resources (with timestamps) in the video description.

Many thanks to Kim for taking part.

Happy trading
PipMeHappy

4 Likes

Love the section about family and evolution of trading and routine.

Thanks, @dudebro and yes, we do not talk much about family life in trading forums/interview therefore I wanted to touch on that.

@Penelopip thank you for the like!!

I’m listening now. Thanks for doing this!

I noticed that she and the other female trader had non-financial backgrounds but had a family member who was in finance. Some people grow up around this stuff and having it in your background is helpful.

I strongly disagree that men should stay home more and women should go work. Watching a random Jordan Peterson video will correct that notion. Women, after the age of approximately 26, start to regret not starting a family. It’s in a woman’s nature to nurture and raise children. If a woman wants to work at a fund, fine. But don’t encourage her husband to stay home. No woman can truly respect a man who stays home while she makes the money.

Anyway, it’s cool that her husband taught her and she supplemented that with videos, and started connecting with people in finance. Using social media to reach out is incredibly convenient.

It’s crazy to me that she was trading futures and options. I’m guessing she was still a beginner, but she delved into both. That’s wild to me. haha. Very impressive. I still don’t understand options.

But it’s smart of her to hedge her stocks.

I like that she is approachable and welcomes questions. That’s really important to have people to reach out to.

Thanks for another great interview!