Friday the 13th - How does it affect you?

For several years I wouldn’t even get out of bed on Friday 13th - and even now will not undertake important contractual negotiations or write legal letters on this day.

I understand the superstition comes from the attempt to exterminate the Knights Templar which took place on this day.

So does anyone know of a different origination ? and does anyone else get nervous today ?

1 Like

I usually forget it’s even Friday the 13th but then when something bad happens like an injury or just about anything really, I go :scream: it’s because it’s Friday the 13th! Makes no sense really :rofl:

Is there a reason you won’t do important negotiations? Have you ever had bad deals happen that you’ve closed on a Friday the 13th?

When I was a “Lad” I had an accident in my car and ended up in Hospital - realising it was Friday the 13th, I looked back at previous accidents and a “ticket” I got on various motorbikes and cars - and realised that out of 5 ‘unfortunate occurrences’ - 4 had been on “Friday the 13th” :open_mouth:

Just seems silly to “Push my luck” when it’s avoidable - is all !

Knights Templar? That’s the name of my favourite cigar!

If you smoke one today, THAT’s the one will give you the big “C” :wink:

Oh wow. I wouldn’t leave my house if that happened to me! :flushed:

1 Like

Yep that’s how I felt too !

That was all several decades ago - and in honesty, nothing has happened since which I can say confirms anything ! But as I said, I’m pretty risk averse today :rofl:

Let me get some bourbon to mitigate that…:sunglasses:

What a great idea - I’lll get some too - (Well Scotch) - Slangevar ! :joy:

Gotta root for the “home” team(Kentucky!) LaChaim!

If I knew how to take a pic with my phone and post it, I’d show you my cigar and bourbon(it’s actually rye)!

…and drinking it neat, the proper way…

The root of friday 13 comes from the bible.

The arrests of templars by the french king at a friday 13th for sure added to the legend of friday 13th.

so that’s what happened, :joy: