Friends still not talking about bitcoin

Despite bitcoin reaching ATH, I feel like the “normies” still aren’t talking about crypto the same way they were all talking about it in 2020/2021… How about you and your friends/people you know? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

If someone’s not already involved in it, or already investing, I don’t talk about anything financial-related. I’ve come too far to argue with someone who’s trying to convince me I shouldn’t be doing what I’m doing.

1 Like

Most of my friends have asked me in the last two months “hey, do you still have any Bitcoin? I sold mine at a loss” to which I replied “think long term, act cautiously”. I tell them the story of Dennis, our learned colleague who has posted about the dollar cost averaging strategy and ask them if they know that BTC has returned a compounded 200% per year ROIC for all of its history how difficult would it be to stop drinking 10 Starbucks coffees a week and start investing $50 a week in BTC. I once read a book about psychology of trading and investing. Fascinating. The human brain is wired to sell a profitable trade too quickly and to hang on to a loss making trade for dear life until it is zero. I think that summarizes why 70% to 98% of forex traders fail to make any profit. It is not the market - it is the continuous act of overusing margin to try to achieve goals then complaining that the big boys took you out of your trade. I have not used margin for over 5 years now. That is not to say I do not trade currencies. I do. But very long term. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They all got in at 60 and got out at 30. I don’t expect people like that to keep talking about its hype. :smile:

1 Like

Why would I chat about BTC with people who are like, a decade out of the loop? And for my friends who are on the same page as me, it’s nothing exciting; just the usual ups and downs of the market.

1 Like