FTMO $100K Challenge: My journey

Great to hear you passed STEP 1…!!! arent you going to post any of the trades you made and the account record …? Maybe we could learn something from that.

and for information i am serious and very interested in how your FTMO challenge is going… But would be nice to see some proof of all details of trades Money management etc… how you accomplished it.

1 Like

I live stream most of my trades on Monday on my Twitch channel, plus I dedicated an entire session (about 2 hours) to share how I was going to structure my challenge and the things I have learnt from the first month that I could have done better.
I haven’t started the second step yet, maybe after sharing on Twitch, I can create a post here to sum up how I’m going to face it.
I don’t share trades in forums mainly because I have a very busy schedule during the day and I don’t have much time. I share 4 of my accounts on MyFxBook, including the trades opened and closed. My account is “almtcs”.
I don’t know why the name “wealth manager” triggers some hate around. When someone hasn’t studied anything about trading, he is a beginner you can’t trust. When someone decided to follow that career and dedicated part of his life to studying the markets, he is a scammer :rofl:

By the way, this is my license:

You want to be a wealth manager? Honestly, I don’t see why not… just put some serious hours into it, as the exams are not easy.

1 Like

OK fair enough, sorry for the scepticism, so used to all the scammers that troll our lives nowadays. Wish you all the best.

i may also have had a little too much too drink when i came across yuor thread

1 Like

I am dealing with trading since 2012.
99.9% of mentors are charlatans but AFAIK Federico is a part of the other 0.1% .

1 Like

I’m going live in 30 minutes and will talk also about the second part of the challenge, with some live trades: Twitch

I’m pretty serious and what you are promoting is unethical practices. FTMO and companies of the like are not interested about trading. They just take advantage of some “wannabe a trader” lack of knowledge.

Their business model are the participation fees.

Their challenge rules are designed not to be passed. They are far from what a professional acomplishes, not to mention those with lack of knowledge. There is no way to guarantee their capacity to fund anyone who may, by chance, pass the challenge. They aren’t properly regulated.

Teachers like you is what corrupts this reatil Forex world. Federico, please. Reconsider to promote this type of businesses.

Sorry, but I don’t understand your point.
I don’t “promote” FTMO and I have nothing to gain in sharing my personal experience with them. As you can see, this post is free, the live stream is free and I’m not promoting any kind of course, neither here nor in my live trading session.

I invite you to read again the thread. I’m a normal trader who is sharing his own experience. It may be just my impression, but it seems to me that if a normal trader shares what he does, it is ok. If this trader also happens to have a course about trading, even if it has nothing to do with what he is sharing and even if it is not promoted anywhere, he is a corrupt and promotes unethical practices.

In any case, talking about the business model, I share my point of view.
Clearly, the challenges they propose have nothing to do with being profitable in the long period. You have to achieve 10% profit in a month and there is no one on the face of the Earth that can achieve 10% profit constantly, every single month. They do help with giving you as many tries as you need if you end with a profitable month, although below 10%.
Is it possible to pass the challenge? Of course it is. It is about understanding that you have to think of the challenge in different terms and accept that there is the risk that you will lose your fee.

Again, I’m sharing my experience for free and I also have nothing to gain from FTMO.
You say they cannot guarantee to fund anyone who passes the challenge, then maybe, if I pass, I can share if they really pay or not. I don’t see how this hurts other people who read the post, other than keeping them more informed so they can make a better decision.

1 Like

Well, I can’t say you are intentionally promoting FTMO. Sorry for that.

Unintentionally, you are doing it. And as you seem to know, these buisness models are unethical just because the type of rules and the target audience. These types of business can’t live in juridisdictions like the UK where you got the certification.

By the way, showing a picture of a certification hiding the certification number… Maybe, it isn’t a good idea. It is the most important part of the certification.

Anyway, certifications aren’t fully granted of ethical practices. Madoff, licenced and certified.

Keep doing what you do in Darwinex. Seems more professional: results and risk management. Good luck there.

Just as an aside - I nearly decimated my live account under the influence of alcohol, by being greedy and invincible. It was a Hulk moment that had me making five quick opening then closing trades, including a reversal, in minutes.

Now, my discipline is back on course - no beers until Friday night…

Alright. Honestly, I have nothing to prove.
I’m just sharing my experience here, with or without a license doesn’t make a difference for me. Madoff or not Madoff, it’s up to other people to have their opinion.
I keep updating the thread with my own results, either bad or good.

@steve369 well, everyone makes mistakes and I guess all of us have had a few bad experiences in trading. Glad to see that you understood where you went wrong and came back stronger.

2 Likes

“Honestly” and you start not to match.

I never asked you for a licence. You decided to post one without the identification number…

You decided to come in here. This thread is not about you, get a life :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is about me everything that does not suit with ethical practices. Sorry, but all this FTMO think gets me alert.

Their eccentric videos, promotions, forum participants. Those who show a certification hiding the number when nobody asked them for any certification.

Sorry, but I have to protect inexperienced traders in the community from people like you.

1 Like

Their eccentric videos… :rofl: still, you fail to understand that I have nothing to do with FTMO.
Sorry champ, next time I will leave the certification number, I will also attach my ID, the password to my bank account and the PIN number. Nice job protecting the community :laughing:

Federico! The certificate number does not provide any personal information. It is the number anyone proudly shows. For example, having that number, anyone could go to CISI and verify you are really certified.

You get into this on your own. If you try to make fun of my posts, I would consider to contact CISI. You could just let it go. But you decided to go ahead.

Give up or just show the number and keep this eccentric FTMO show.

He proudly showed the certificate, but he decided to remove his name from the directory.

:smirk:

Alert! Community among us a possible liar!

Another one related to FTMO…I’m not impressed

Please, do contact CISI and record their voice when they laugh at you :rofl:
I find your posts very funny and I’m sure that many members of the community can use a laugh, since trading can be quite stressful sometimes.

I “proudly” showed the certificate :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Someone accused me that I wrote something not true and I simply shared my certificate, not proudly. I don’t even understand what the certificate has to do with all this. Even if I was not a certified Wealth Manager, I cannot attempt to pass the challenge with FTMO?
I have to admit that your messages made my day, at least!

I am interested in where your hate come from. You don’t know me, you crap all over with a bunch of assumption without any reasoning and you keep saying that I work for FTMO, when I haven’t even shared a link about FTMO or even said it is a good program.
Maybe you tried FTMO in the past and you are a little mad that you lost your fee? That can be understandable, but isn’t it a little petty to search for other threads about FTMO and bad-mouth other people, like me, trying to pass the challenge?

Alright, let’s say you are right, I am a liar. I don’t have a certificate and I am a bad trader. Even under these circumstances, I don’t see the point of your alert. Am I selling something here? Am I praising FTMO? Am I inviting people to try it out? Have I shared any referral link? Please, explain me what the community should be alerted about :slight_smile:

1 Like

@PaulMF I take it that you failed the challenge mate? :rofl:

3 Likes

All FTMOs rules are clearly displayed, whats your issue with them.

3 Likes

@the_halfblood_cake

You keep doing what your doing mate :+1:

Dont listen to the other mongos.

1 Like

FTMO relatives…

Very kind!