Full time dad looking for guidance on trading

If I pick one of the four brokers you listed and used them as a demo account, I would still be able to try out other brokers correct? Also, when you say web-based platform you’re talking about babypips schooling or am I missing context here?

I should say, these are the ONLY regulated brokers in the US. You’re free to use whoever you want, where ever in the world they may be registered and regulated (as long as they take US citizens, as some don’t).

1 Like

Absolutely. You can have multiple demo accounts with different brokers. You can even have multiple demo accounts with the same broker. You just need a different email address to register the demo account. Some brokers put a limit on how long you can have a demo account, other will almost let you keep open forever. You can always request to get a demo account reinstated or extended if it gets closed.

By web-based trading platform, I mean with the broker you ultimately choose. Think of it like accessing an online bank account. or your online retirement account, or stock trading service like eTrade or Charles Schwab or Fidelity.

For example, if you chose Forex.com as your forex demo account broker, you’d register on their website for a demo account. Each time you wanted to trade, you’d go back to their website, log into the demo account section, and you would trade through their website, using a web browser based trading platform. The URL in the top of the web page would be forex.com/demotradingsoftware (I’m making this up).

The other option for trading software, is that forex.com let’s you download an executable, an application, which you install on your computer. Usually the software is made by a company called Metarrader. In this instance, when you want to trade, you launch the application from your desktop, not your web browser. The app starts up, connects to the forex.com servers, and presto, you’re ready to trade.

1 Like

Welcome to babypips gang! :smiley:
One piece of knowledge is not to over expect too much from trading, just try to grasp the concept and trade with intentional of achieving the goal.

2 Likes

The advice I wished I had had when I started training was that demo accounts were available. I could have opened one of these and demo traded a simple strategy until it was consistently making money, then progressed to a real money account. It would have saved me so much stress (and money) in the first 10 years.

3 Likes

Different people learn differently. For me, I have a hard head. I need the lessons to be painful, so I never want to repeat that mistake.

Some lessons, I don’t need to do that. A simple observation will suffice. But when I don’t believe/understand, I want to find out for myself.

So, for you, did the stress make the lessons stick better? Or do you think you’d be fine without those financial scars?

1 Like

No, its not like me. I’m very negative about jumping into a project if I can’t see the end outcome and the end outcome is something I really want.

But a big problem for me was I got into trading from buying shares in the tech bubble in the late 90’s and I thought the job was just going to be as easy as that. I thought there was nothing more to learn and that the end outcome was inevitable.

Which it was.

Just not the end outcome I wanted…

4 Likes

Welcome. For me it was that if you focus on risk over reward that you last longer in the game.

2 Likes

I had this problem a lot. My entries were getting better, and I would have two nice trades going.

In the mean time, I’d be taking bad trades left and right.

I took trades that the odds of being wrong were too high. But all I could think about was, “well, what if I’m right?”

1 Like

Thank you so much for the information you’ve provided, I’ve also been told that FXchoice and Hugosway are also brokers available, have you heard anything about these two? You seem very knowledgeable about Forex and I greatly appreciate the help you are offering. So while I’m doing these courses I’ll set up a demo account. But let me ask you this, what broker is the best choice to go with, keeping in mind I’m still a baby noob, that will benefit me the most?

Sounds like a fun learning process, but did it help you to become profitable?

You keep asking the same question in many other threads. Basically you’re using the BP forums to solicit students into the ICT method and bash the online BP online course.

If you and all these ICT students were profitable, as you so claim to be, you’d set up on your own online learning portal and stop asking promoting ICT on Babypips as incessantly as you idiots do.

I do not know if all these ICT students are profitable, nor do I care. I am simply asking if BP helped them to become profitable or not. If you do not like that question, then that is your issue mate.

The answer is self evident if you take the course yourself. But you haven’t.

You have the alternative of opening up a discussion thread and dissecting course content you think isn’t suitable for profitable trading but you don’t.

Instead you prey on new members like you do here and here. You prey on new member posts, try to instill doubt on the online course content to offer ICT as an alternative. That’s just plain solicitation.

I have went through BP. One thing very toxic I notice is as soon you are being critical about ICT, BTMM, BP or whatever in forex…the groupies need to go in attack mode asap. I am not going to discuss about me not being able to ask questions or not. If you do not have a valuable answer, then I am not going to waste my time discussing with you.

Fine, lets’ say I’m toxic and irrational. If you feel that strongly about the online course material on BP then by all means open a new thread to discuss with the wider community.

1 Like

I do think that BP is not very helpful, however there were a handful of traders who replied to my question of becoming profitable mainly cause of BP. I would like to do more research before concluding this as nonsense.

Then it’d make only more sense to open a new thread and build a survey. You’ll have a good sample size of respondents and generate a healthy discussion around it. That, IMHO, would be a very constructive alternative.

1 Like

True. Need to find out how open a survey here. Thank you.

If you’re serious about it you can try out a survey like this:

That’s be a great conversation starter tbh.

1 Like