Full-Time traders: What do you trade? How many hours do you trade per day?

I trade forex, generally for 2-3 or more currency pairs including both major and cross pairs. The best moving pairs depend on your personal choice and preference. I focus mostly on the pairs having the tightest spreads.

To keep my focus on these, I set up my trading platform so that I can look only at the charts that I want to focus on.

I spend 3-4 hours on an average whenever I trade. Sometimes, it can take longer as it actually depends on your trade and strategies you are using.

I place 2-3 trades in a day mainly on majors.

Itā€™s a vicious circle man. These questions will further have follow-up questions. Why donā€™t you try finding answers by trading?

Hi,

1. I trade Forex ( 20+ pairsā€¦I know crazy, but it works for me :rofl: )
  2. I focus on setups in stead of one pair.
  3. I spend 4 - 7 hours. It all depends on what I want to do and my setups.

Been trading with forex and indices and yes I do focus on particular pairs. Itā€™s better to focus on one or two pairs rather than 5-6. Fundamental analysis becomes much easy this way.
As for the trading hours, I spend 4-5 hours daily. But Iā€™m not constantly in front of the screen, make heavy use of EAs.

2 Likes

I trade forex and my current focus apart from majors is exotic pairs, and because Iā€™m a part time trader 4-5 hrs daily fits my scheme. There is a lot of scope for learning with exotic pairs and it is also good to break from the monotonous major/minor pairs while trading. You can probably try them too. But just make sure to do thorough market analyses and always stay abreast with the financial news.

Iā€™m not a full-time trader or a guru but I can say this much, itā€™s all about how we can train our minds so that when our entry conditions meet, we enter , without any hesitation else we wonā€™t, even if the temptation to enter is high. If the trade wins, we look for the next oppurtunity , if itā€™s a loss still we wait for the next oppurtunity that meets our entry conditions, irrespective of the market, irrespective of the pair, irrespective of time.

1 Like

It depends upon my goal and energy in my body. I prefer body first as I cant work efficiently if I am tired. There is a more possibility of taking wrong calls and later regret just for few bucks!

I trade all profitable setups. Siting a minimum of 6 hours. When theire no opportunities i read or watch youtube, telegram, twitter trade sessions and ofcourse babypips and mail to look for oppportunities

I am a FX day trader and focus on specific pairs. I enter my trades, and once entered, I donā€™t spend much time in front of the terminal except maybe to check on how they are doing once in a while.
For me, preparation is main key, and thatā€™s where I spend the most time, about 2 hours, deciding if I should enter a trade in the first place.
Before the end of the day I close out each trade depending on the price action, even if they donā€™t hit my target, and thatā€™s about another 1/2 hour or less. Then starts the next days preparation cycle, which I already have a good idea about.

I trade only Forex, I trade several pairs. I check the chart every 4 hours

My trading routine is never the same. It depends on how I am feeling. Sometimes, itā€™s trading back to back and other times, I am just looking at how the market is behaving with no real executions.

So, you are saying you do not follow any strict trading plan? Is it or have I misinterpreted?

I generally trade forex. I trade two currency pairs EUR/USD and GBP/JPY. I scalp following 1 minute to 15 minutes time frame charts.

I trade Forex.
Focus on 3 pairs only EUR/USD, AUD/USD and NZD/USD
I look for trades between 6am-11am EST.
Iā€™m still working on sticking to the rules in my trading plan.

hey bro,

Thatā€™s gonna be long journey, but if u can make it, it would worth it !

Anyway, I trade Forex (4-6 pairs but in a week you can max. find only 3-10 really good setups)ā€¦ Bitcoin from Cryptoā€¦ and Gold only.

But most of the time I just spend to analyze and backtest the marketā€¦
for setups I spend usually 1-4 hours per dayā€¦ If I canā€™t see any setups I just walk away, and put some alarms on potential signals, and come back at that timeā€¦

btw, I do not use any indicator, only price action as itā€™s my strategy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Every trader has their own preferences and strategies and they trade according to the style that suits them the best. As for which pair to trade then it solely depends on you which one you want to trade. Always remember that you should never walk in the path of other traders and build your own trading style that goes well with you.

See it depends trader to trader. Like if he or she is good at forex then they can trade on those currency pairs or else crypto, stocks and so on.
You need not to spend a lot time in front of the terminals.Like there are traders who give you trading signals and accordingly you can make your strategy and can earn good amount.

I trade all fx pairs and some crypto.
I trade mon-fri but not all day. I mark up sunday night and go from there.

Actually, I place around 4 trades per day and thatā€™s enough for me