Full time worker, looking at forex to fill in time

Hi everyone - I’m more into forex to fill in some time - my work has me waiting on input from individuals which frequently has me twiddling my thunbs. Would be good to get to know people, but I’m far from trading with real money.

From the posts here it seems very rare for anyone to make money trading in free intervals during the day. Why not find a strategy that allows you to hold for longer periods so you can set entry and exit orders after work is over?

Trading is quite flexible occupation - it can take 30 minutes a day or a whole day depends on the learning and profit targets you set. Start from babypips pip school, make trades on demo to see if the knowledge you get was useful and where were your mistakes. Self-analysis applicable to trading and lesson from mistakes are part and parcel of successful trading.

1 Like

i’m planning on trading long term - over weeks rather than hours.

4 Likes

For sure, if you have to trade part-time, it would be better to use swing/long-term trading strategies, because in such case you will have enough time to conduct proper preparation, analyse market situation and develop a detailed trading plan. At the same time, if the trader tryies to trade actively during the day having only a few free hours, he would lose his money n most of the cases, because he would compete directly with full-time daytraders having better experience and enough time to prepare for the trading session. That is why swing trading systems are preferable for trades having their another main job, because they would be able search for trading ideas and turn them into profitable trades without time limits. Another point is that stops used in swing trading are usually wider, so there is no need to watch the charts for the whole day - it would be enough to set alerts on important levels and then use mobile app to check them from time to time. Sometimes it is possible even to execute trades from pre-defined levels using mobile platform, but it would be better to avoid such situations due to the potential mistakes that may take place.